Manchester United to get documentary series? | No actual reports on that

starman

People's desire and need to watch and have access to everything is weird. Scarcity is rare these days, something's should just be left behind closed doors.

I appreciate the Sunderland documentary and to some extend the Spurs ones but its something I would have never have asked for.
Just get MUTV if you wish to see more behind the scenes stuff, as boring as that generally is.

youngrell

Half the reason - if not the whole reason - the Sunderland one is so good is because everything goes horribly wrong.

If they had had a normal season, or even got promoted, I don't think it would have been half as entertaining.
Yeah, agree with that. It was car crash TV at its best.

Every club goes through a drama or two during a season though, and I’m sure every club has some very interesting characters to focus on too.

DevilRed

No chance this happens under OGS (and SAF / Sir Bobby).

spuds need the money. We don't and aren't selling out.

meamth

Just record it like The last dance.

Don't allow the cameras on the locker room during actual locker room time. Release the series when we actually won something.

Number32

Swear these documentaries are watched mainly by rival fans wanting to revel in a club's failings and defeats. That or they're a dull as ditchwater PR operation.

Only one worth watching is Sunderland Til I Die, the rest are gash bar the times things go tits up for the club in question.
Absolutely this.

Sunderland Till I Die is more focus on the connection between the fans and the club. No dressing room drama, little focus on players and manager.

The leeds, city, and spurs are full of bs. They frame their mangers as protagonist with the
'Remember the Titans' movie style.

Gopher Brown

I hope not. I’ve only seen the first episode of the Spurs one but already certain people are coming across like utter twats.

Daniel Levy talks like Eric Hitchmough too - “I don’t agree with that in the workplace”

Tarrou

I don't think the branding people would want United to do a documentary. These docos always end up having the piss ripped out of them.

Judas

Open to offers
Its' been mentioned but I don't understand why this is a discussion, the tweet has been misread, it's basically confirming there's no chance of this happening any time soon.

meamth

But think about it though,

We could've the best documentary if 1999 were recorded.

GenZRed

I don't want it for Manchester United. Having said that I would have liked to have seen Moyes team talks during his time here and other behind the scenes stuff. Like us rushing around to sign Marouane Fellaini.