Manchester United to unveil new £20m-per-year training kit sponsorship with blockchain platform Tezos

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Parting gift from Woodward imo. £20m aa fecking year, lovely if we can get the brains to use it correctly..

0le

Blockchain is a technology, just like cloud computing is another technology. It is used to create an online distributed ledger. Some cryptocurrencies use blockchain however the technology can and is used in other areas.

Crick

£47m for (shirt) Teamviewer, £20m for (sleeve) Kohler, & £20 for Tezos (training kit) isn't breaking any records anymore but it's solid. Wonder if they will sort out automotive which should add another £5-10m as we haven't had one since Chevrolet. It should improve the figures for next year onwards.

Oranges038

As long as they are a real company and have real people associated with them. Then 20m a year seems legit.

Tarrou

As long as they are a real company and have real people associated with them. Then 20m a year seems legit.
they are real, but have a sketchy past and had to settle a bunch of lawsuits

I'm just glad they are finally putting the $200m+ they raised to good use

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
In portuguese it translates to the words "tough" or "hard on". I'm sure the portuguese guys are making jokes as we speak.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Just occurred to me In hindsight, Ole wanting to sign Longstaff should have been a red flag against giving him a full-time job.

dinostar77

Quick lets have a whip round and get enough money together so we can sponsor utd ourselves!

How about "buy a bloody CM"? As a shirt sponsor message?

Coops73

Best logo ever.
Kind of reminds me of a purple ohm logo, I reckon some of this team have been dropping a few of those before games this season which would go some way to explain the poor passing.

Member 101269

Some interesting comments about blockchain. Yes BC is a thing, it and cryptocurrency research has grown significantly over the last few years. Adoption is happening, it could be a good move for united to get involved. Whether Tezos is the right choice I couldn’t say.

I’ve read well over a 1000 research papers

phelans shorts

These lot seem to be throwing a hell of a lot of money around with sponsorships considering they’re just an environment destroying Ponzi scheme. Oh well, milk them before they sink I guess.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Pray for Choccy77

hungrywing

Kind of reminds me of a purple ohm logo, I reckon some of this team have been dropping a few of those before games this season which would go some way to explain the poor passing.
I think you're onto something there.

Some interesting comments about blockchain. Yes BC is a thing, it and cryptocurrency research has grown significantly over the last few years. Adoption is happening, it could be a good move for united to get involved. Whether Tezos is the right choice I couldn’t say.

-in order to track down and eliminate each author for being a net negative, wasting precious energy on 'researching' something that's

...just an environment destroying Ponzi scheme...

Castia

Apparently we’re getting a new sleeve sponsor next season as well

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Should there be any concerns over the Tezos deal with United?
JOEY D'URSO: Blockchains rely on vast computing power to carry out transactions, which have been linked to carbon emissions and environmental degradation.

Tezos says it is more energy-efficient than other blockchains, but independently verifying these sorts of claims is hard. Furthermore, while blockchains make grand promises about remaking the world through complex use cases that will baffle most football fans, if you search the world ‘Tezos’ on social media, most people will be talking about something else — the Tezos cryptocurrency token which can be bought and sold on exchanges. Mirroring other cryptocurrencies, it has risen substantially in value since it was launched in 2018, but has crashed since November of last year.

To a cynic, the United deal’s main benefit could be that it ends up pumping the value of the cryptocurrency token, rather than marketing this technical computer network to the masses.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Do you not get out much? Actually the money is nice, where it is coming from not too sure. Sounds a bit unethical.