Manchester United u18s vs Newcastle United u18s

Utdstar01

What's evident is that both Fullbacks we brought from Madrid and Barca are technically very good and can cross a ball.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hoogewerf really needs to ask for sleeves which aren't too long for his arms.

lysglimt

Scout
Very good first half - only negative thing is that we are only 1-0 up. One player who really impresses me is Logan Pye. It would be interesting to see what his passing accuracy is - at least well above 90. Maybe our best player in the first half.

Charlie McNeil is a player who is yet to impress me - obviously he is a brilliant goalscorer, but his overall play doesn't impress me that much.

Savage probably had his best game that I have seen at least - he has controlled the game surprisingly well.

AltiUn

Iqbal must have put in about 4 tackles already this half.

AltiUn

The shitbags have equalized, 1-1.

Just as I post that Hoogewerf scores a second, 2-1.

AltiUn

Bizzare passage of play, Emeran hits the inside of the post after some suicidal goalkeeping, the keeper then throws it straight to Savage and Hoogewerft places it deliciously for his hat trick.

Jurado's basically playing as a winger at this point.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
feckin hell 3-1!

Emeran challenged by the keeper from an acute angle and hits the far post. Keeper gathers throws out but its cut off by Savage who plays to Hoogeworf who scores upper corner from the edge of the box

AltiUn

4-1 United, Savage. Emeran with a filthy nutmeg for the assist.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Emeran megs a defender and then passes back to an oncoming Savage who blasts in. 4-1

Footy van de Geek

Don't know why Hoogewerf hasn't been starting more often. That's now 4 goals & 3 assists from 7 games (4 starts).

He also scored in a friendly against Salford.

AltiUn

Don't know why Hoogewerf hasn't been starting more often. That's now 4 goals & 3 assists from 7 games (4 starts).

He also scored in a friendly against Salford.
Think he was injured first couple of games.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Really impressed by the lads today. I wish Iqbal could keep up his concentration as he played so well at times then just makes barmy decisions. Savage maybe played his best game this year Isak really coming into his own too.

Happy for Hoogewerf now he needs to kick on

lysglimt

Scout
Superb performance - and add to that - Fish, Fernandes, Hugill, Hannibal, Svidersky, Vitek and Shoretire could all have started this game, so we were quite far away from having our strongest side.

lsd

The Oracle
Is Savage a good prospect ? His goal looked decent

lysglimt

Scout
Is Savage a good prospect ? His goal looked decent
He has never really stood out in my opinion - but yesterday was the best game I have seen him play. He controlled the game really well from midfield and his range of passing was good. But I would still rate him as a player likely to have a good career, but not at United.

Robbo*

He has never really stood out in my opinion - but yesterday was the best game I have seen him play. He controlled the game really well from midfield and his range of passing was good. But I would still rate him as a player likely to have a good career, but not at United.
agree, thought he played well yesterday. Was impressed with Svidersky too, who I hadn’t seen much of before - has the right physique to make the step up to men’s football when the time is right.

khoazany

We were dominating for most of the games. I would think Iqbal and McNeil had an off game yesterday by their standard otherwise it would have been easier. Probably Savage and Hansen's best game this season. Hooweverf was clinical. Pye and Bennetts did well as well, showing lots of composure.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
We are winning, we are the better side in nearly every match and our performances are so good for eye therefore a massive compliment to the coaching staff :drool:

Hat-trick for Hoogewerf means hopefully he gets a lot of confidence and will reach the next level in the next months.

Last edited: