Manchester United v Brentford | Pre-season Friendly Wednesday July 28 20:00 BST

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Garner is little slow for top level i feel. Gives me Matty James vibe

Dazzmondo

A bit concerning that we have lost control of the game since Garner and VDB came on for Matic and Perreira

acnumber9

Has Garner really been that impressive for the youth? I haven't seen the lad play well in a pre season game for us yet
Looks nowhere near the quality required. Compare his performance to an ancient Matic and it gets much worse for him. I’d be astonished if he made a Premier League player much less a United player.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He doesn't have that athleticism or agility needed to go up and down the fullback side. And he's always been a bit loopy when it comes to defending. Just that he's hardly trained this week and he's obviously not up to speed compared to his teammates. Williams has the fight and scrappiness, but don't always trust him because he's still young and a bit rash when defending.
Yeah I agree it's harsh to condemn him on the strength of a preseason game, trouble is we've all seen his senior United career to date. I agree with the general consensus that he doesn't look to have it in him.

Eddy_JukeZ

Really don't see a future for Donny at this club.

I don't think he can play in midfield.

Dazzmondo

Has Garner really been that impressive for the youth? I haven't seen the lad play well in a pre season game for us yet
He had a really good loan with Forest last season which is where the hype came from. However, he also had a horrible loan with Watford prior to that last season which might have been an early warning sign about his true level.

Godfather

Looks nowhere near the quality required. Compare his performance to an ancient Matic and it gets much worse for him. I’d be astonished if he made a Premier League player much less a United player.
He's obviously still very young and people seem to rave about him for our youth team, but whenever I watch him during pre season I feel massively underwhelmed

So frustrating that the first team won't have a proper pre-season for the second season in a row. Know it's the same for all the big clubs with internationals but fecking hell we really need one. One preseason game before playing ultra-fit Leeds is nightmare fuel.

edcunited1878

It's mad how at the time Mourinho had the reputation as this great defensive manager and you look at the defenders he bought whilst Utd manager.

Bailly, Lindelof and Dalot.

Terrible.
Bailly has/had good raw talent, but his injuries and mentality got the best of him. Mourinho wanted Maguire before, but the board didn't approve. Dalot was an odd signing because of his age, but then again he never played many senior games in Portugal. Never mind Jose...people need to learn to let go and move on.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Reading the updates as I couldn't see the game, some hilarious reactions to dalot :lol:

I need to see what he did..

mu4c_20le

Dalot transfer needs to be investigated.

Some money laundering scheme or something.

He's fecking horrendous.
When you also consider the fact that Ricardo Pereira moved to Leicester for the same amount of money that summer.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Am I seriously seeing people dismiss Garner after 3 preseason games when he had a great season? This bloody place...

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Shame we don’t have one extra pre season game in between Preston and Everton

Feel like the euros players and Fred need at least 2 games before it all kicks off

It’s where you really miss they good ol days having the charity shield most seasons. Always felt it was a great game to gain match sharpness

Godfather

He had a really good loan with Forest last season which is where the hype came from. However, he also had a horrible loan with Watford prior to that last season which might have been an early warning sign about his true level.
Thank you. Haven't watched him at all for Forest so I was curious

acnumber9

He's obviously still very young and people seem to rave about him for our youth team, but whenever I watch him during pre season I feel massively underwhelmed
Normally you’ll see quickly if a player has it or not. When you see Hannibal for example you just know he has it. Garner looks like a poor mans Harry Winks.

is there a reason why Tuanzebe stopped when coming over to cover for Dalot who completely fuked that up
Guess he's trying to defend the cutback but really poor decision against a left-footer like Mbuemo, didn't limit his shooting angles at all. Axel has had a quite poor preseason all things told, really needs a loan.

acnumber9

Reading the updates as I couldn't see the game, some hilarious reactions to dalot :lol:

I need to see what he did..
He Daloted. Which is a verb I’ve just created. It basically means he defended like a lost child, did a step over that fooled nobody and put in crosses that either missed everybody or hit the first man.

edcunited1878

Dalot was completely half-arsed to defend and got embarrassed. Very bad look for him as the team continues to evolve and fight for squad places. He'll have a lot to prove in training and the next pre-season matches.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
For all the talk of our supposedly "world class" academy, I don't see it.

Irwin99

Another Mourinho wonder deal.
I have never seen the hype with him personally but i think it has been said that he does in fact have a lot of talent but his attitude hasn't been great and Jose was disappointed in his application.

Again, to be fair I've never seen much talent on display from what I've seen of him.