Manchester United v Brentford | Pre-season Friendly Wednesday July 28 20:00 BST

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
is there a reason why Tuanzebe stopped when coming over to cover for Dalot who completely fuked that up
I think he's trying to cut the angle for the Brentford man to finish on his left foot and show him onto his right. He pulled off a fairly difficult finish, the only one he could've got from the angle Axel gave him. Axel could have rushed in a bit further but if the opponent gets past he's got an easier left-footed finish.

BlahRules

So he gets ignored by our first team, our reserves and now also our U21’s? Do you think the entire squad got together and made a pact not to pass to him? Could be that OR it could be that he doesn’t actually get in good positions.
All of them trying to go for the glory then trying to play the game.

Donny made things happen when he had the ball.

lysglimt

Scout
I just don't see what people see in Tuanzebe - he has 1-2 howlers in him every single game. As poor as Dalot was for the 2-2 goal - look at Tuanzebe - what is the guy doing ? He runs to cover the goal - then he decides to stop so Mbeumo can curl it in. Why not take that extra step or two and actually try to block the ball. And as usually he gave the ball away under no pressure at least once.

always_hoping

Enjoyable pre season game with 3 fine goals. The 4th goal was that usual bad habit of a lapse in concentration in defence. Brentford to their credit was clinical, 2 goals from their first two shots on target and if they remain that clinical they should do well in the Premier league.

RedDevilRoshi

Good workout against a very good team. Excellent goals too. Elanga looks a real bright talent.

Sea-Cow

Dalot transfer needs to be investigated.

Some money laundering scheme or something.

He's fecking horrendous.
I follow some twitter account called Football Talent Scout or something and the year we signed him they ranked the best U-21 players in each position, and Dalot was their number 1 rated right-back.

dalriada

Am I seriously seeing people dismiss Garner after 3 preseason games when he had a great season? This bloody place...
I know, he seems to have had a good season on loan at Notts Forest, so I'm not judging him by his pre-season games, but he's come on twice now when Matić has gone off and the defending has fallen to bits both times.

Dazzmondo

That was fun. Thought there were some really good performances, great goals. Defending was pretty rubbish again

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Guess he's trying to defend the cutback but really poor decision against a left-footer like Mbuemo, didn't limit his shooting angles at all. Axel has had a quite poor preseason all things told, really needs a loan.
He's gone backwards since returning. I watched him at Villa and he was a lot better. Sadly I don't think he'll ever become a first choice CB here.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
For all the talk of our supposedly "world class" academy, I don't see it.
Seriously? How many other clubs can put our youth sides that can mix it with premier league sides. Greenwood, Rashford, McTominay, Henderson all very good players already with further room to grow and a whole host of other young talented players. Elanga looked better than James and Lingard too! Think you are being a little harsh.

Godfather

Am I seriously seeing people dismiss Garner after 3 preseason games when he had a great season? This bloody place...
What is it you see in him? Honest question as I obviously didnt follow freaking Forest and I don't watch our youth so I'm curious. I can only judge his games in pre season for us as that's the only time I've seen him and he didn't look good in any.

Sea-Cow

Not a fan of his, but Dalot brought us that night in Paris.
Haha with his horrendous decision to shoot, and the even worse execution of the shot that would have sliced away in to row z if it hadn't been blocked.

RUCK4444

Reading the updates as I couldn't see the game, some hilarious reactions to dalot :lol:

I need to see what he did..
Seriously we should limit his game time because he's only damaging his value which can't be much at all as it is.

I cannot see a single PL team being interested in him that's for sure.

yamo123x

Really need to get our first teamers getting match fit, Leeds will be superb fit and up for the first game we need to get off to a good sfart

edcunited1878

Seriously? How many other clubs can put our youth sides that can mix it with premier league sides. Greenwood, Rashford, McTominay, Henderson all very good players already with further room to grow and a whole host of other young talented players. Elanga looked better than James and Lingard too! Think you are being a little harsh.
United's academy has generated a lot of very good football careers and then their fair share of first team players. Just because they don't have a large transfer fee against them doesn't mean it isn't one of the best acadamy's in club football in England. Especially when you consider that the club always wants a path for their academy players for the first team.

United Irishman

Some decent performances and as good as we could have hoped for from the lads who are available.

The huge worry is that we must have the most scratch team playing in pre season. We'll be up against it in the first few fixtures. Looks inevitable we'll have a slow start, eerily similar to last year.

Flytan

Andreas getting his yearly preseason goal (it was amazing won't lie) to give hope he'll kick on and be good. Tuanzebe bad. Dalot awful. AWB had some deft touches and played well. Greenwood looked tidy and Elanga was great.

dalriada

Dalot's first game back, so maybe cut him some slack, but difficult to see what he offers other than being technically good with his feet. Defensively he had a horrible evening.

Pereira's passing, positioning and posture were very polished tonight and a great goal.

Pellistri has an energy and busyness that looks very promising.

Elanga is a player we need to look after.

Donny eventually managed to attract Ole's attention and remind him he was there.

Ludens the Red

Christ. Still so many big names out. Where is everyone:mad:? Perfect excuse to start the season like dick heads again.