Manchester United v Derby Count - Sunday July 18 1pm - WE GO AGAIN

lysglimt

Scout
Greenwood the big disappointment - he wasn't even there. Lingard, Matic and Pellistri really good. Heaton was solid

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm just happy to see this place moaning about (irrelevant) United performances again.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
On the whole that was okay. We lost a bit of concentration after our second goal. That's how it is sometimes. Very hard to judge how things are looking this early into preseason. All you can say is some look a bit further along than others.

Idxomer

Greenwood the big disappointment - he wasn't even there. Lingard, Matic and Pellistri really good. Heaton was solid
He played with the far worse team. However, our failure to involve our #9 in play is a problem we've had for a while.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Lingard is our best option to rotate with Bruno for sure. As long as he can stay happy I guess. Difference was obvious with him and Matic on the pitch though.

Pellistri looks very bright but still small and raw, can see why he's too good for reserves but needs time in the Championship or something. Big potential as a right winger though. Shoretire had some decent moments. Pretty much everyone in the first half and most others were meh though, which isn't a huge surprise for the first pre season game, though I hoped for more out of Garner and want Greenwood to stand out more.

dalriada

Enjoyable match as pre-season friendlies go. No point over-analyzing player performances, it's about players stretching the legs and getting back into a rhythm, and trying out some of the youngsters.
Pellistri looks promising and Lingard maybe trying to prove a point?

I was a bit bewildered when we signed Tom Heaton, but listening to his post-match interview, I get the impression his experience will be well worthwhile. Not sure why we need Grant as well, though.

tomaldinho1

I’m genuinely superstitious about pre season because of LVG - I’d rather we were terrible because I think it really scares the players when you have a bad pre season and the pressure in on from day 1.

LVG came in and we beat Real, Inter, Roma, Liverpool and Valencia…first PL game lost to fecking Swansea.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Enjoyable match as pre-season friendlies go. No point over-analyzing player performances, it's about players stretching the legs and getting back into a rhythm, and trying out some of the youngsters.
Pellistri looks promising and Lingard maybe trying to prove a point?

I was a bit bewildered when we signed Tom Heaton, but listening to his post-match interview, I get the impression his experience will be well worthwhile. Not sure why we need Grant as well, though.
Heaton will probably be 2nd choice after one of De Gea/Henderson leaves. Grand to stay as 3rd.

Dve

Yes, agree with that, and I think Shoretire looked good as well. In the first half, I think Levitt did quite alright (except from his very first involvement).

SAF is the GOAT

Pellistri speaks very good English. Hope he gets a chance.
I hope that he'll get a chance in a PL club and not return to Alaves again

Always said that the ones who suffers the most in Man United are the strikers because lack of real chances for them.

big rons sovereign

Loved seeing pellestri round the keeper. It seems such a rarity these days, players tend to knock it past then hit the deck rather than putting it away.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Some of those kids would do very well on loan in England.

Elanga and Pellistri would work very well for a club like Brighton.

Red_toad

Have you actually watched him at Atletico to be able to see any improvement?
Yes and also for England. He's better in possession and in an attacking sense that AWB, but for defending, there's no area he's better in my opinion, he still has many issues he had at Spuds. If you have a different opinion, that's fine.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He played with the far worse team. However, our failure to involve our #9 in play is a problem we've had for a while.
I don’t believe that to be the case. Cavani comes and gets the ball and lays it off and makes a run. He’s also pressing far more aggressively off the ball than Mason or Martial. I’m expecting a lot more from Mason in that regard. I obviously wouldn’t read too much into it today but surely we’ve seen we need aggressive and direct players in the attack, not passengers waiting for it to fall perfectly for them.

Highfather_24

Neither Garner nor Levitt looked any good. Disappointing.

When Andreas came on, played a long ball and lost possesion, it reminded me that he was "pre season Pirlo".

Idxomer

I don’t believe that to be the case. Cavani comes and gets the ball and lays it off and makes a run. He’s also pressing far more aggressively off the ball than Mason or Martial. I’m expecting a lot more from Mason in that regard. I obviously wouldn’t read too much into it today but surely we’ve seen we need aggressive and direct players in the attack, not passengers waiting for it to fall perfectly for them.
Cavani himself suffered from it last season.

There were many games where he barely saw much of the ball and didn't get a lot of chances either despite his movement.

SirAnderson

Some post match comments for those interested:

1. Lingard still in Ole's plans is interesting to hear
2. Sancho hopeful will be wrapped up soon enough
3. Tight lipped on Varane
4. Rashford surgery still not sure on course of action and supporting him

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Sorry but the new kit looks so naff. The top looks cheap and it looked like it was 2 sizes too big for our players today.