Kick-off
Sun, 1 November 2020 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

always_hoping

Hopefully Arteta shows some ambition and not clone the cowardly tactics Lampard used last weekend.

Gasolin

I think Arteta will fall into the same mistakes Neiglsman made. He will try and control possession with high line, and we will finish them on counter (maybe even penalties).

Even with the win against RB, I m not sure about the result of this game. I m starting to believe some English teams are learning how to play against us, as lampard tactics showed last week.
    Arteta will freak out exactly like Lampard and try to setup defensive. Ole just has to bet on that and kill him right there. They all fear our offensive power and the fact that we can take decisions on and off the ball faster than most teams. You’ll see.

RashyForPM

Nice to have a real selection headache again. Majestic as we were after lockdown in the league last season, the first 11 picked itself every game. Now, it feels like everyone is either in form (Rashford, Bruno, Mata) or good players about to hit a rich vein of good form (Martial, VdB, Pogba, Mason, Cavani). Anyway, I’d go with:

DDG
    AWB Tuanzebe Maguire Shaw
    Fred Matic
    Greenwood Bruno Pogba
    Rashford

Tuanzebe has to play over Lindelof as we’re playing a speedster in Aubameyang. The rest of the team pretty much picks itself although VdB is very unlucky to not get in over Pogba or Mason. Shaw is in there for the obvious reason that Telles has Covid, although he is playing very well too, all credit to him.

Prediction: United 3-1 Arsenal

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
    Hope that we smash them, and make Arteta calls Ole his daddy.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
    Please OGS do not change the formation. Bruno for VdB and Rashford for Greenwood should put the game to bed within 45 mins.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
    Stevenage
    Trouble is we dont have a best XI so its so hard to know whos qualities suit which game.

Are Martial and Telles back yet? Didnt know if suspension ran out or not and when Telles started isolation.

Would like to see Cavani start, not sure its the game for DVB or Pogba to start so maybe a diamond with Fred, Mctom, Bruno & Matic

arnie_ni

Better not go back to the 4 2 3 1 with james starting and pogba on the bench.

Play the same formation swap out matic for mct and dvb for bruno please.

Obv rash and martial straight swap for the suspension

Crustanoid

Needs to still get Marco Rose after that. Would require them to come up against us in the CL though
    Beats Arse 10-0 prompting spiralling decline and Atretas eventual sacking. Rose hired as replacement in time for return fixture.

Mike Smalling

We desperately need three points in the league - still have Everton and City coming up!

Would be interested to see the diamond again in this game. Something like this:

DDG
    AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
    McTominay
    Fred - Pogba
    Bruno
    Greenwood - Rashford

Lewnited

The only player of theirs that I'd genuinely be wary of is Saka to be honest, the one player in that team with a creative spark. Him aside, I think we should be able to handle anything they throw at us, particularly after taking confidence from yesterday's result. Arteta's proven himself to be quite a conservative manager, I don't think we'll see much of a press from Arsenal given what we can do to them on the counter.

Same line-up - Rashford in for Martial, Bruno in for VdB.

Havak

Pokemon master
    Another tactical battle incoming. I would like to see a similar team that played against Leipzig.

de Gea
    Wan-Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    Fred
    McTominay Pogba
    Fernandes
    Greenwood Rashford
    ---
    Henderson; Tuanzebe; Matic, van de Beek, James, Mata; Cavani​

Any win will do. We play Istanbul next week, so realistically we should be able to make a couple of changes there (Henderson, van de Beek, Tuanzebe, Martial could all play for example). Then we play Everton... If we can get over the line in these two fixtures, then things suddenly don't look so bad after one of our worst starts. Jumping the gun here of course, but we could be one of the dark horses along with the likes of Spurs that could secretly fancy challenging for the title... This season is bonkers, so why not?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
    Another tactical battle incoming. I would like to see a similar team that played against Leipzig.

de Gea
    Wan-Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    Fred
    McTominay Pogba
    Fernandes
    Greenwood Rashford
    ---
    Henderson; Tuanzebe; Matic, van de Beek, James, Mata; Cavani​

Any win will do. We play Istanbul next week, so realistically we should be able to make a couple of changes there (Henderson, van de Beek, Tuanzebe, Martial could all play for example). Then we play Everton... If we can get over the line in these two fixtures, then things suddenly don't look so bad after one of our worst starts. Jumping the gun here of course, but we could be one of the dark horses along with the likes of Spurs that could secretly fancy challenging for the title... This season is bonkers, so why not?
    Always a bit nervous when there's no fullback on the bench and we have Shaw starting, think we should take Brandon instead of James.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
    If we're going to go with 2 up front I want to see Cavani start with Rashford. I think he's made for this match.

Havak

Pokemon master
    Always a bit nervous when there's no fullback on the bench and we have Shaw starting, think we should take Brandon instead of James.
    Yeah, I feel the same sometimes but I think Tuanzebe can play anywhere along the back line. Even if we were incredibly unlucky and lost a CB & FB during the game we can drop McTominay or Matic to CB.

I would like to see James out of the PL 18 as well though so that does make sense, Ole has continued to pick him though... Hopefully his performances have been bad-average enough for Ole to change his stance.

Relfy

We are desperate for a home win in the league, so this is really important for us here. I fear Arteta will set up like Chelsea did and try to stifle the game. If we can get ahead early then we force them out where we are at our best. Momentum is building so I hope we can get a good win here and kick on and up the table.

Mihai

Tough game. Arsenal are very defensive under Arteta and defensive teams are where we struggle.

I want to see the diamond again and I think it will be too much for Arsenal.
    Looks like we are struggling against all teams, then. People said we would struggle against PSG attack, we would struggle against Leipzig's high press, now Arsenal. Is there a team we wouldn't struggle against?

bsCallout

Bruno, Rashford and McT to start instead of Martial, VdB & Matic.

Tough game to be honest.

Cavani and Matic to come on later in the game, say 50th minute, when we are already 6-0 up.

Reddevil1978

----------------------DDG-----------------

AWB---Lindelof----Maguire----Shaw

-----------------------Fred-----------------------

----------Mata------------------Pobga-------

---------------------Bruno-----------------------

--------Cavani-------Dr Rashford MBE

Subs
    Greenwood for Cavani
    VDB for Pogba/Mata
    McSauce for Fred

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Arsenal's a bit shit and frankly we should be getting all 3 points.
    They are, but I’m just wary they’ll do something similar to what Chelsea did and essentially play for a draw. Hopefully Aubameyang and Lacazette continue their terrible league form for any chances they do sneak in.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    If we score first I’d be confident given they seem to be really lacking going forward. What we can’t do is go 1-0 down and end up chasing the game because they still have lots of quality that will take advantage if the game opens up.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    Does it? Ole has used 3 different systems in past 3 games. I have no idea what system he will use this time. Plus can Fred really start 5 games in 14 days?! Same issue with WanB.

Especially as Arteta will be most likely drive his team into stadium in a massive London double decker red bus.

ie: as you are the undisputed team selection king, can you please give me a clue?
    DDG, AWB, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, Fred, McTominay, Pogba, Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood.

No idea about the system. Could be 41212, 433, 4231.

Fred is needed against Arsenal and Everton. He can rest vs the likes of 2xIstanbul and WBA in the coming weeks. There's also an international break coming up and I don't think he's a regular starter for Brazil.

Highfather_24

--------------------DDG
    AWB--Lindelof--Maguire--Shaw
    --------------------Fred
    ------------McT--------Pogba
    --------------------Bruno
    ------Greenwood---Rashford

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating