Kick-off
Sun, 1 November 2020 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

AngliaRed

Is it just me or are any of you abit fecked off how lazy Sky are in advertising this match?

constantly showing old Keane vs Viera footage from 15-20 odd years ago lol!

I genuinely think Sky Sports need ripping to pieces and allowing fans to subscribe to certain teams and have different packages etc...

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    I sympathise with Ole's defensive selection against Chelsea, but I do hope we see quite an attacking line up on Sunday. No Telles means no back 5 I suspect.

Pogba is probably best utilised further up the pitch, and he won't have to do as much work as the whole team was required to do against Leipzig.

-------------------------de Gea
    AWB------Lindelof-----Maguire------Shaw
    -------McTominay----------Fred
    Greenwood-----Bruno-----Pogba (or VdB)
    ---------------------Rashford

That lineup can switch between 4231 and 433, or even 4312 though that will ask more of the full backs.

Hope and expect us to get the 3 points.

Jaxa

I like the idea of a 4222 against them ,

_______________De Gea_______________
    AWB______Lindelof___Maguire____Shaw
    ___________Fred_____McTominay______

And then have the ability to bring on Greenwood and Donny later on in the game if needs be, I just pray he doesn't start James.

ants7

Arsenal have zero creativity. They have weak mentality and are low on confidence. There is no reason for us to not have a go at them. I think the midfield should remain the same, except Bruno could come in for Donny. McTominay should be kept on bench for latter period of the game. So basically, I'd be happy to see us continuing the shape and personnel we had against Leipzig. Obviously, frontline must change due to the suspension of Martial.

Except 3-1 win for us. Draw would be a disappointment, loss would be major upset.

Alemar

De Gea

Bissaka
    Tuanzebe
    Maguire
    Shaw

McTominay
    Fred
    Pogba
    Bruno

Greenwood
    Rashford

Crustanoid

........Mata Fred Scott Telles......
    Pogba De Beek Bruno Rashford
    ....Greenwood Cavani Martial....

Auf Weidershein, Arsenal

Sweet Square

constantly showing old Keane vs Viera footage from 15-20 odd years ago lol!
    Last time these games had any real worth, right ?

Imo since around 09(After the CL semi final)Arsenal vs United is just a nostalgia fixture. It's only been somewhat interesting again because of the massive drop off post Fergie.

Danillaco

I'm scared. Arsenal won the battle of Dunkirk on Thursday, and they were brilliant against a tough and incredibly well drilled opponent.

USREDEVIL

Please get us a win against this cringy team.
    DeStaya
    Spiderman - Big Head - Axel - Shaw
    Matic
    VDB- Fred
    Bruno
    Greenwood - Rashford

Bring in Pogs at 60th Min as he has been great off the bench.

AngliaRed

Last time these games had any real worth, right ?

Imo since around 09(After the CL semi final)Arsenal vs United is just a nostalgia fixture. It's only been somewhat interesting again because of the massive drop off post Fergie.
    agree - just don’t know why they’re using that rivalry to advertise the current bunch.
    Like you said, its a nostalgic fixture now with very little rivalry!

Sweet Square

agree - just don’t know why they’re using that rivalry to advertise the current bunch.
    Like you said, its a nostalgic fixture now with very little rivalry!
    Oh I should have also said I agree with point about sky sports. It's awful these days.

My only Eric

Degod
    spider-- iceman-- slabby-- burger

four lung--- terminator

Penandes---- --------- -- Madrid

Daddy---- --PM,MBE​

NJM78

Please Ole if you read the caf, please no Dan James or Juan Mata or parking of buses. We should play our best team and beat arsenal by out scoring them. We need to start acting like Manchester United especially after the two results in CL.

De Gea, AWB, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, Matic, Fred, Pogba, Bruno, Greenwood, Rashford.

Cavani, McT and Donny off bench. 3-1.

ColvaleGoa

I was bored so watched a Arsenal Podcast. So they were making a joint team. The team was

Leno - AWB-Luiz-Gabriel-Tiernay. Partey- Bruno-De Been.. Rashford-Aubamyang-Pepe/Saka.

Kept me entertained for a bit. The really don't believe that De Gea is back. They don't think we are good enough to beat them . I hope Ole has got something special lined up for Arteta! I really want us to win just to wipe the smile off their smug faces!

cptkeane1993

Please Ole if you read the caf, please no Dan James or Juan Mata or parking of buses. We should play our best team and beat arsenal by out scoring them. We need to start acting like Manchester United especially after the two results in CL.
    I can't remember the last time Ole set up our team to park the bus, i.e. sit back, not wanting the ball and try to defend our way out of trouble with say 20-30% possession. Ole always sets his team up to play front-foot, attacking football - we never shy away from the ball.
    We press high, win the ball and break away and score many goals that way. You can call that counter-attacking. Liverpool will call it Gegenpressing, but that's not parking the bus?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    I was bored so watched a Arsenal Podcast. So they were making a joint team. The team was

Leno - AWB-Luiz-Gabriel-Tiernay. Partey- Bruno-De Been.. Rashford-Aubamyang-Pepe/Saka.

Kept me entertained for a bit. The really don't believe that De Gea is back. They don't think we are good enough to beat them . I hope Ole has got something special lined up for Arteta! I really want us to win just to wipe the smile off their smug faces!
    None of theirs would get in our lineup. Even Auba seems totally off it this season, plus is against a now in form Rashford.

How have they put De Beek in the combined lineup when he can barely get in ours?!

Alemar

idiots. Only 2 of their players get into joint team - Partey and Aubameyang. And even then it’s under assumption that Aubameyang is better than both Martial and Greenwood.

The joint team will be:
    De Gea

Bissaka
    Lindelof
    Maguire
    Shaw

Partey
    Fred
    Pogba
    Bruno

Rashford
    Aubameyang

GenZRed

Wonder if Ole will go for it or play for a draw, like he did against Chelsea.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
    Let’s 4-2-2-2 the absolute shit out of this game. Arsenal have a terrible central defence and are there for the taking. Same team as Wednesday and no mercy. 4-0.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
    idiots. Only 2 of their players get into joint team - Partey and Aubameyang. And even then it’s under assumption that Aubameyang is better than both Martial and Greenwood.

The joint team will be:
    De Gea

Bissaka
    Lindelof
    Maguire
    Shaw

Partey
    Fred
    Pogba
    Bruno

Rashford
    Aubameyang
    it’s a long time since I could name enough Arsenal players to come up with a joint team. At a certain stage they just melded into one young kinda promising French lad.

cptkeane1993

Wonder if Ole will go for it or play for a draw, like he did against Chelsea.
    No he did not, Lampard did.
    Did you watch the game and form that opinion? Surely you noticed that Bendy had a blinder, how Chelsea were set up to defend? We had positive substitutions while Chelsea did not, rather making like for like changes.

Really hope we go with a diamond again since I think Arteta will go to a 343, if he goes 433 it changes things a little. Based on midweek rotation/subs I assume it'll be

-----------DDG
    AWB-Lindelof-Maguire-Shaw
    ------------McSauce
    -------Fred-------------Pogba
    ----------------Bruno
    ---Greenwood----Rashford

Only change to that I could see is Cavani for Greenwood or DVB for Pogba but the second is unlikely.

Just praying we don't go back to the 4231 as we don't have the personnel in attack to play it without Martial, unless we go with a front 3 of Greenwood-Cavani-Rashford. James simply cannot play and I don't think Ole will make the same mistake twice. Mata had at least been performing well but the DJ inclusion against Chelsea was bizarre unless he thought the Leipzig game was super important to rest for

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
    Great to finally see a matchday thread with no ‘it has to be Henderson’s time in the net’ lunacy. Unfortunately we will see such idiocy reappear immediately in the next CL matchday thread unfortunately.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 316 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw