Kick-off
Sat, 25 September 2021 @ 12:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lewnited

Please can we stop with the DVB love in, the guys done feck all since he's been at the club. Gods know how he was voted MOTM on here this week, he got caught in possession at least half a dozen times against West Ham's second string. There is a reason he doesn't play regular because he fecking not good enough!!
    Are you ok? :lol:

Walters_19_MuFc

It'd be nice to see VdB get a start.

I would go for:

Ronaldo
    Pogba Fernandes Greenwood
    McTominay Van de Beek
    Shaw Maguire Varane Wan-Bissaka
    De Gea

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
    Please can we just win 5-0 with a fluid performance

Is that too much to ask ?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
    Worrying game. Our up and down and in-between performances mean you never know what you're going to get.

Also, 1 clean sheet in 7 games this season, and we were absolutely blessed to get it against Wolves. Villa will score.

roseguy64

Picks itself. Will be same team as last weekend.

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka Varane Maguire Shaw
    McTominay Fred
    Greenwood Fernandes Pogba
    Ronaldo​
    Team should be...

----------------------De Gea----------------------
    AWB-----Varane-----Maguire-----Shaw
    -----McTominay-------Pogba-----
    Greenwood----Bruno----Sancho
    ---------------------Ronaldo---------------------

Subs: Henderson, Lindelof, Bailly, Dalot, Matic, Fred, VDB, Lingard, Martial
    It will be one of these two XIs.

PoTMS

The danger man Bailey is out for this one just like Antonio was last week. At least we have some luck, if not with the referees.

Big Andy

Bloke
    Taking my 9 year old to this game. His first proper game after going to a Friendly when he was about 4, and the Everton friendly pre season.

I'd resigned myself to none of my kids liking football, as my eldest isn't interested in it at all despite me trying to drill it into him as a baby and toddler. My 9 year old up until about 6 months ago had no interest, but now since discovering he can play a little bit at school, he's bang into it.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
    Taking my 9 year old to this game. His first proper game after going to a Friendly when he was about 4, and the Everton friendly pre season.

I'd resigned myself to none of my kids liking football, as my eldest isn't interested in it at all despite me trying to drill it into him as a baby and toddler. My 9 year old up until about 6 months ago had no interest, but now since discovering he can play a little bit at school, he's bang into it.
    Ahh don't worry they might still come good there simply is too many hobbies for kids to enjoy and pour time in so they naturally might find football boring
    Also look on the bright side there's zero chance of them supporting pool if they don't watch football at all

Marcus

I am going to put VDB insread of Fred in my team, at the cost of line-up points.

Andersonson

Back four is nailed on.
    Pogba will play at LW and Sancho benched.

McFred will play, I don't think he'll go with Matic, even though he did ok against West Ham. DvB didn't take his chance and won't be anywhere near this line up.

Rest picks itself

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    Last time we thought United will crash his opponent was in CL at Bern, so I'd better be precautious and go for a tight game. I can see Villa defend deep and counter us. As usual we will see a difficult game.

Even if we have CL on Wed, it will be on 9, so 3 days rest is fine, let's play the best team. I'd play Matic to get a better balance in the team and let Pogba be higher up on the pitch.

But please Ole, do not play Pogba as left wing

--------------------------------------------De Gea-------------------------------------------
    AWB-------------------------Varane-----------Maguire----------------------Shaw
    ---------------------------------Pogba-----------Matic------------------------------------
    Greenwood--------------------------Bruno------------------------------------Sancho
    -------------------------------------------Ronaldo---------------------------------------------

United 2-1 Villa

ash_86

Would be a close game and Villa are a good team. We should win at the end though.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
    Those involved in line-up prediction should be one of the easiest games to get all eleven correct.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    The danger man Bailey is out for this one just like Antonio was last week. At least we have some luck, if not with the referees.
    Tuanzebe cannot play either and he has started their last 3 in a 3 back formation. Wonder if Smith will change to a back four again?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
    Dalot should start. He’ll be playing against Villarreal and needs game time.
    It's the very reason I think Dalot won't start. Protection from any likelihood of injuries.

VinzentFTW

Supports
    Liverpool
    You Brits are fecked :lol: A paid subscription should include all matches. Esp the big ones. Is it because of that old rule again ? This is the second time in a short period you have to use a piracy stream ffs.

yamo123x

Is there a formation where we could play both cavani and ronaldo in home games...? Goals they could get between them...maybe give ronnie a free role, maybe below against teams we should be battering at home.

DE Gea

AWB varane maguire shaw

mct bruno Pogba

Greenwood cavani Ronnie

RUCK4444

You Brits are fecked :lol: A paid subscription should include all matches. Esp the big ones. Is it because of that old rule again ? This is the second time in a short period you have to use a piracy stream ffs.
    Mate don't get me started. We are royally fecking robbed.

We are the ones pilling the cash in to the league with stupid expensive subscriptions and they don't even let us legally watch the games. Beyond a joke.

cyberman

Try being Irish same subscription, 1 match at 3pm when there’s no reason we shouldnt have every game available

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    Try being Irish same subscription, 1 match at 3pm when there’s no reason we shouldnt have every game available
    Sad thing is had the game not been moved from the 3 pm slot, we would have been able to watch it. :(

RedMilo

Are you ok? :lol:
    Yeah Im fine. Sorry it wasn't aimed at you personally, just seen so many DVB posts recently asking for more game time. and he doesn't look a player to me. Would prefer to see McTominay & Pogba in CM personally.

RedMilo

Please elaborate why we should play Fred then?
    Fred has his qualities, his work rate and covering of the ground, is to be applauded. He is also quite aware of what is going on around him, which DVB isn't to play a CM role. Fred's quality of passing lets him down, as a player, its very hit and miss. Ideally you want McTominay or Matic alongside Pogba out of current choices, but I'd be up for buying a new midfielder or two, because its definitely our weak area now..

Shark

@NotShark
    McDonny all the way. Fred is drastically out of form and barely good enough to be a starting midfielder in a top four club when not. It's time for Ole to try something new.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    McFred will start while Donny will start vs Villareal. Not what I want to happen but I think that's what Ole will do. Either way, must get 3 point.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    Ahh don't worry they might still come good there simply is too many hobbies for kids to enjoy and pour time in so they naturally might find football boring
    Also look on the bright side there's zero chance of them supporting pool if they don't watch football at all
    Think kids enjoy playing FIFA etc more as you can make something happen all the time, where a live game there can be long lulls in the action, especially if they are not great at sports themselves.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 276 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Aston Villa win
  • Draw