Sat, 25 September 2021 @ 12:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
    We can't find the right balance unless we play 3-5-2. Any other formation and we sacrifice some of our quality players.

--------------------------------------------------DDG------------------------------------
    ---------------------Bissaka--------------Varane------------Maguire----------
    -----Greenwood--------Bruno---------Fred-------Pogba--------Shaw----
    -------------------------------------Ronaldo------Cavani---------------------------

Sancho can play in place of greenwood aswell, while greenwood can be accomodated upfront if either ronaldo or cavani need a rest.

Alternatively a 3-4-1-2 isn't bad either

--------------------------------------------------DDG------------------------------------
    ---Greenwood---------------Fred-----------------Pogba-----------Shaw----
    -------------------------------------------------Bruno------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------Ronaldo--------------Cavani-----------------------

Unless we stack the midfield we can get outdone easily, pogba and bruno sure as hell can't play together in the middle without someone backtracking and screening the defense.

Last edited:

Strelok

Yes, the three referees I dread the most reffing our matches are Atkinson, Oliver, Moss. All three have proven history of agendas against United. Dean is a shit ref and makes the show about him, but we've benefitted from dodgy calls from him, as well as losing out.
    In my country people call him Mike Điên :lol:

(Điên is pronounced pretty similar to Dean)
    https://en.bab.la/dictionary/vietnamese-english/điên

I kinda like this guy, he's a shit ref but in fact quite entertaining. You'll never know what's gonna happen with him :lol:

tenpoless

I wouldnt mind if we try things out like playing Cavani and Ronaldo together or picking other formations. Need to keep things fresh otherwise we become easy to play against.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
    I think there's no chance he plays Villarreal. We'll be under pressure in that competition and Ole will certainly go with his best team, which we know doesn't include VdB
    Well, Sancho sure as shit isn't our best winger right now, so I'd rather see Pogba on the left and McFred against a team that parks the bus feels kind of redundant.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
    De Gea
    AWB Varane Maguire Shaw
    VDB McTominay
    Greenwood Bruno Pogba
    Ronaldo
    Let's try VDB in double pivot. I have a feeling he would improve our build up play in midfield.

My only Eric

Not on TV eh? Sorry PC, looks like we’re going to war with the pop ups again.

Should be quite an open game so should be pretty exciting. Is a clean sheet too much to hope for?
    Mate, install the extension "ublock origin" on your webbrowser and say goodbye to popups forever. It's opensource too, so there no manipulation of your data.

If you're on mobile, install "blokada" and say goodbye to ads.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    De Gea
    AWB Varane Maguire Shaw
    VDB McTominay
    Greenwood Bruno Pogba
    Ronaldo
    Let's try VDB in double pivot. I have a feeling he would improve our build up play in midfield.
    I’d go for this 11 too.

Chicharo

No messing around, especially with Citeh playing Chavs at the same time.

DDG
    AWB, Varane, Magurie, Shaw
    McFred
    Greenwood, Bruno, Pogba
    Ronaldo

Personally I'd like to see VDB instead of Fred, but chances for this to happen are next to nothing.

Perfect time to thrash someone again (because of the confidence and recent results), and give minutes to Cavani and Jadon

izak

Supports
    Glory Glory Red Devils
    No messing around, especially with Citeh playing Chavs at the same time.

DDG
    AWB, Varane, Magurie, Shaw
    McFred
    Greenwood, Bruno, Pogba
    Ronaldo

Personally I'd like to see VDB instead of Fred, but chances for this to happen are next to nothing.

Perfect time to thrash someone again (because of the confidence and recent results), and give minutes to Cavani and Jadon
    Yes that's our fittest team at the minute and shouldn't be changed unless there's an injury. VDB and Matic should rotate with Fred, while Lingard, Sancho and Cavani Rotates with Greenwood and either of Pogba or CR7 depending on teams. The rest of the Squad can wait until the FA cup resumes.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    We can't find the right balance unless we play 3-5-2. Any other formation and we sacrifice some of our quality players.

-----Greenwood--------Bruno---------Fred-------Pogba--------Shaw----
    -------------------------------------Ronaldo------Cavani---------------------------

Sancho can play in place of greenwood aswell, while greenwood can be accomodated upfront if either ronaldo or cavani need a rest.

Alternatively a 3-4-1-2 isn't bad either

---Greenwood---------------Fred-----------------Pogba-----------Shaw----
    -------------------------------------------------Bruno------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------Ronaldo--------------Cavani-----------------------

Unless we stack the midfield we can get outdone easily, pogba and bruno sure as hell can't play together in the middle without someone backtracking and screening the defense.
    So Greenwood as Wing back? Sure that would be the next stage in his development. :houllier:

Deery

Dreary
    I have the feeling we’ll get beat today but Ronaldo will score 2-1 Villa.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
    Actually kind of annoyed that we are clashing with the Chelsea v City game, would have for sure watched that under normal circumstances. Annoying but Utd are the priority!

Oranges038

I think he'll go with tried and trusted, which means Sancho will probably start on the bench. Him and Donny might get 5 or 10 minutes. Lingard will come on for Greenwood and Martial will get on to wander aimlessly around for the last few minutes.

DDG
    AWB, Varane, Maguire, Shaw
    McT Fred,
    Greenwood, Bruno , Pogba
    Ronaldo

Lebo

DDG

Dalot Varane. Maguire. Shaw

Fred. McT. Pogba

Greenwood . Ronaldo. Sancho

that will be my desired lineup. Fernandez needs to sort out his sloppiness

Chicharo

Yes we could’ve messed about if the games weren’t played at the same time. Not now though.
    No, we couldn't have
    The reason I mentioned the schedule was because of the fact that we DO play at the same time.If we played today, and they tomorrow -still the same answer. It's only the begining of the season, but we surely don't wanna watch struggling or even worse losing points while our main rivals play each other. Don't give a sh*t if it's Saturday or Sunday. No one here wants us to go behind the first place so early in the season, esp, because we still haven't played against our main rivals. I.E.if anyoe thinkswe really can fight till the end

Litch

Starting XI

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka - Varane - Maguire - Shaw

McTominay - Fred

Greenwood - Fernandes - Pogba

Ronaldo​

Subs: Henderson, Dalot, Lindelof, Matic, Van De Beek, Sancho, Lingard, Cavani, Martial

Score Prediction: Manchester United 2-1 Aston Villa
    Spot on.....

captaincantona

DDG
    Bissaka Varane McGuire Shaw
    DVB Matic
    Bruno
    Greenwood Pogba
    Ronaldo

Lads.(and lasses etc.)..it’s a home game...against Villa who have lost both their away games so far. At some point, we have toput the fear factor back into Old Trafford...attacking line up is called for and McFred at home should be illegal.

largelyworried

I would love to see VDB in this game. As the season goes on it gets harder and harder to pick unproven players. Villa at home is the perfect time to try him out. If he’s good, he becomes an option. If he’s bad, he won’t cost us the match and we can hook him after 60 minutes.

fergieisold

I would love to see VDB in this game. As the season goes on it gets harder and harder to pick unproven players. Villa at home is the perfect time to try him out. If he’s good, he becomes an option. If he’s bad, he won’t cost us the match and we can hook him after 60 minutes.
    he was good mid week, tired a bit later on but that’s understandable given his lack of minutes. I’d start him and replace if he tires.

Mickson

:lol: We are on most weeks and people then moan about the football they are watching from about 20 minutes in. It is on the radio. How would people have coped when there was only the radio to follow their teams. There are some fans who very rarely see their teams on TV.
    I can understand the frustration though. I don't live in UK and we can see every game, every single game regardless of time and place and police decisions. We are spoiled and would be furious if we could not watch ONE game this season.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    I can understand the frustration though. I don't live in UK and we can see every game, every single game regardless of time and place and police decisions. We are spoiled and would be furious if we could not watch ONE game this season.
    I do agree it is a rip off for the amount of money people are expected to pay.

IrishRedDevil

Ridiculous that this game on on the same time as Chelsea v City.

And yes I know it was rescheduled for some stupid concert.

How the hell did planning office / Council allow a concert to be booked, when there was a premier league game being played?

RUCK4444

Ridiculous that this game on on the same time as Chelsea v City.

And yes I know it was rescheduled for some stupid concert.

How the hell did planning office / Council allow a concert to be booked, when there was a premier league game being played?
    Just push the concert to the evening like all concerts usually are. Bizarre.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    Yes, it doesn't help us with kick off times not being confirmed until a few weeks beforehand, so that the TV companies can choose their schedules. Anyway, it doesn’t adversely affect me, being a season ticket holder who lives 10 miles from Old Trafford :D
    You just had to get that last one in…. Yer bastard!

Enjoy the day mate

Thiagoal

I’m just shocked that some people still don’t put McFred in our midfield. How we controlled last weeks game against West Ham compared to all the others this season makes them both guaranteed starters!

RUCK4444

I’m just shocked that some people still don’t put McFred in our midfield. How we controlled last weeks game against West Ham compared to all the others this season makes them both guaranteed starters!
    Yeah I get people don’t like McFred but they are an absolute necessity against decent opposition.

I would bet anything they play as a pair again today.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
    Why is this game and the City v Chelsea game at the same time?

RedDevilRoshi

Why is this game and the City v Chelsea game at the same time?
    It was originally scheduled as a 3pm game but got moved to an earlier kick off time due to a concert taking place at the cricket ground later today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 276 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Aston Villa win
  • Draw