Kick-off
Sat, 25 September 2021 @ 12:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Chicharo

Can;t you please, I really mean please, stop with this "11/11, 10/10 etc and ect.". nonsense. We have a separate topic for this shit. I don't give a damn who plays as long as we're winning

arnie_ni

I think Villa are being underestimated here.

Also why change a side that worked fine last week?
    Did it work fine? We weren't that great against West ham. It took an 89th min Jesse winner?

Chelsea just smashed them 3 0. I don't think they are that good and I fully expect us to win even with mcfred.

My point still remains, if you can't do it at home against villa, who can you?

Alemar

No Buendia, no Young, no Chukwuemeka? Strange line up for Villa

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    Varane was meant to end Mcfred... but Mcfred will never be defeated!

3 points an absolute must today.
    “McFred” is more because of Bruno than it was ever anything to do with the centre backs. He plays so high up the pitch, closer to a 9 than a traditional 10, that Ole goes conservative with his two CMs, prioritising workrate & energy over what Pogba, Matic & Donny offer.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    Easy 11/11 as Ole refuses to drop Fred no matter how badly he plays.
    He has to unfortunately. Playing with Bruno means we’re essentially playing 442/424, Matic & Donny would get overrun.

Feeling confident today anyway. Im gonna say 4-1, as clean sheets are a pipe dream these days.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
    I reckon Ronnie will make Mings look like the donkey he is. Some clever movement and he won't have a clue.

Litch

“McFred” is more because of Bruno than it was ever anything to do with the centre backs. He plays so high up the pitch, closer to a 9 than a traditional 10, that Ole goes conservative with his two CMs, prioritising workrate & energy over what Pogba, Matic & Donny offer.
    Absolutely spot on.

Matriac

Can;t you please, I really mean please, stop with this "11/11, 10/10 etc and ect.". nonsense. We have a separate topic for this shit. I don't give a damn who plays as long as we're winning

You're mad that the match day thread, which is always spammy on the day, and has a unique thread feature of guessing the lineup with a competitive league of guessing, has people commenting on the lineup and how many they got correct?

I don't even think there is a separate topic for this? If anything the matchday thread is it?

WPMUFC

No Buendia, no Young, no Chukwuemeka? Strange line up for Villa
    that line up for Villa screams "keep ings isolated and it's game over". They look so lacking.

Granted, beat everton and pushed chelsea to pens...but wow, what a "meh" XI

JebelSherif

Supports
    Huddersfield Town
    So I am absolutley flabbergasted t6his morning.

As a sort-of neutral I like to follow both Manchester teams. Today they both kick-off at 12.30pm - has that ever happened before?

Furthermore, my newspaper (The Guardian) tells me the reason the Man Utd. game is at lunchtime and not 3pm is because of a Courteeners concert!!!!

Well as far as I'm concerned the Courteeners only ever made one decent record ('Last Kiss') about 12 years ago and in fact I was surprised to hear they were still going.

Have I missed something? Are they as big as the Stones or U2 or Springsteen and I have missed it, because to move a Man Utd game for a Courteeners concert seems quite bizarre to me!

Caliban

Bad timing this match. I really want to see the other one too. Will see this one of course

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
    Did it work fine? We weren't that great against West ham. It took an 89th min Jesse winner?

Chelsea just smashed them 3 0. I don't think they are that good and I fully expect us to win even with mcfred.

We should have been comfortable before that.

I watched the Chelsea game and they were unfortunate not to get something from it. The scoreline no way reflected the game.

HailtotheKing

Predicable line up, and likely our most balanced, but its not a line up that is winning the PL or anything else. It also shows the stupidity of prioritizing Sancho over a CM +RB.
    Exactly. When you look at how well stacked we are for attackers who can play left and right it makes it absurd that we didn’t go for a CDM at the very least. I still think Dalit could do a job at RB. But CDM would’ve solved everything in terms of giving us real options to play in midfield. We coulda played any of Pogba, Donny, Matic, mctominay, Fred with a new CDM. Would have totally opened up our options. Especially considering when Rashford comes back pogba will prob have to move back to misfield. Seems totally blind to have gone for Sancho under those circumstances when Greenwood can do such a good job and Amad and Rashford can cover that side. Even Lingard. Was it Oles stubbornness or Woodward and the club wanting to appear bigger than Dortmund by winning the battle? Very happy to have Sancho and I’m sure he’ll prove to turn out good. But midfield would have transformed us.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
    You didn't get 11/11 did you?

Chicharo

You're mad that the match day thread, which is always spammy on the day, and has a unique thread feature of guessing the lineup with a competitive league of guessing, has people commenting on the lineup and how many they got correct?

I don't even think there is a separate topic for this? If anything the match day thread is it?
    I see why you didn't, ya joined the forum last year.People simply don't care what yo've guessed, it is about winning the game only

HailtotheKing

Villa should have scored before Chelsea though. Chelsea seem to be smashing a lot of teams that they should be losing to before they dominate. Villa are a good side. I just wonder if they’ll go more low block than usual based on the team they can put out and the fact everyone knows we’re so bad at it. Fancy Greenwood to score.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
    Not just Bruno, but also the fact we play two wingers who don't help much defensively (no matter which options we use out of Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Pogba, Martial) and a striker who also doesn't do much (Cavani is the exception, but Ronaldo and Martial don't do much).

M Bison

Supports
    York City
    I see why you didn't, ya joined the forum last year.People simply don't care what yo've guessed, it is about winning the game only
    I agree, I do the prediction thing but never write how many I got right, always seems strange thing to write to me.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
    Staff
    Predicable line up, and likely our most balanced, but its not a line up that is winning the PL or anything else. It also shows the stupidity of prioritizing Sancho over a CM +RB.
    We needed the attacker, but once Ronaldo came to us it made the Sancho deal look 'worse'.

If we didn't sign Sancho and went for a CM+RB and Ronaldo didn't come here, we'd have been having Greenwood, Pogba, Bruno and James as the front four with Lingard, Martial and Mata on the bench for the opening games. Nowhere near good enough in depth.

And the midfielder that people wanted us to go after - Saul - has looked way out of his depth so far so we'd be worse off.

M16Red

McGinn has been playing well, last match I watched he was running the show.

But they are inconsistent

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 276 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Aston Villa win