Wed, 20 October 2021 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    Ole's plan : Whenever in doubt, start McFred.
    I mean I do get that stubbornness is a bad trait in a manager but when you’ve got very few options and the other options were disastrous on the weekend, you can’t really blame him. We should really be questioning those above him who didn’t sign a midfielder in the Summer.

One thing that does annoy me is the way Ole drops Sancho and then starts him and then drops him. Give him a run in the team for Christ sake otherwise he’s never going to get going, same way Donny hasn’t.

MichaelRed

Would have been a logical game to play Sancho due to the way Atalanta play so thats disappointing if true.

I hope we win, we should win, but I can't say I'm confident.
    Wants balance, drops his forward most comfortable in possession in favour of direct attacking players that turn over the ball like nobody's business. Balonceee.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    The return of Rashford means Sancho can play on the right with most likely Ronnie through the center.

4-3-3 please :drool:

Coops73

I’ll be happy to see Pogba out but really think Sancho needs to play himself into form and from the right.

Gonna need a few beers for this one.

Red Royal

Pogba and Bruno cant play together.. One has to be benched.. always. Considering pogba keeps talking about leaving, the decision should be simple.
    I agree, Bruno for the majority of matches but he does need rest throughout the season. That’s where Pogba and even Lingard could come in very handy.

FerociousCorgis

I mean I do get that stubbornness is a bad trait in a manager but when you’ve got very few options and the other options were disastrous on the weekend, you can’t really blame him. We should really be questioning those above him who didn’t sign a midfielder in the Summer.
    donny is a clear option to try something else. At this point united are just fecking with donny. You want to try something new how about matic sitting with pogba and donny, rashford left, ronaldo central and greenwood right. That would be trying a new option. Could actually have central midfielders able to occupy space in midfield and not have Bruno running around wherever the wind takes him

Sviken

One thing that does annoy me is the way Ole drops Sancho and then starts him and then drops him. Give him a run in the team for Christ sake otherwise he’s never going to get going, same way Donny hasn’t.
    You can absolutely fault him for that. McFred has been tested time and time again and it has failed utterly. Now I don't think it is entirely McFred's fault, we're coached terribly, but they're not the greatest of players that's for sure. And we have Donny who has given us the 2 best matches from a midfielder this season rotting on the bench. Why? Because Ole doesn't have the ball to be adventurous on anything, he is just as negative as ol' Moyesy boy.

largelyworried

Honestly, no matter how grim things might be, you can't help but get excited by nights like tonight.

MichaelRed

Or we should be questioning Ole for not using the £40m midfielder he supposedly convinced to join us by telling him all about he fit into his project? Or questioning Ole for not letting go of Lingard for a hefty fee & instead letting him rot on the bench until we lose him for free when we could have reinvested his sale in a midfielder? Or questioning Ole for extending Mata's contract, setting out another multi-million pound outlay for absolutely no reason instead of again putting those finances toward a much-needed midfielder? I don't think Ole should come close to getting a free pass on the midfield issue when it's an issue of his own making.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
    I wondered what the coaching staff were up to after hours.
    With all respect to these coaches, how much 'coaching' do our very good players need at this point. Maybe we should try implementing a remotely discernible style of play.

I would genuinely love to know exactly what they have been working on for the last 2-3 years.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
    Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    Everyone praising this return to McFred like they didn't just lose to Villa and draw with Everton......

All our Midfields are failing including McFred.

Anyway the lineup doesn't matter at this stage. We have been playing bad no matter who we out out there.

Must win today and Sunday if Ole wants any respite in those calling for his sacking.
    Dam you , you edited your post before I could quote you in the "What shall we do about this" thread! :mad:

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    Honestly, no matter how grim things might be, you can't help but get excited by nights like tonight.
    Agreed - feeling up for this one.

At least with things feeling on a knife edge currently, it's one of those games where things will be clearer by the end of it - one way or another

FerociousCorgis

Agreed - feeling up for this one.

At least with things feeling on a knife edge currently, it's one of those games where things will be clearer by the end of it - one way or another
    i do like the excitement regardless of european nights, but disagree on 2nd point. If we scrap by looking like shit again wont solve anything. Only way things will be clearer if we go down by 4 or 5 goals and players just look like they have quit even more. Which i dont really feel like wanting to see.

As an american fan of Manchester united depressing times where have to just hope the players do well in spite of the coach for both my national team and the club team i root for.

MalaysianRed7

Doing the same thing over and over again is the definition of insanity, as goes that commonly peddled phrase. McFred didn’t work before, it won’t work now. I’m at a lost for words as to why Ole, looking to keep his job and win back the fans, keeps doing it. Why can’t Donny ever get a game? He was one of the stars in the Ajax system we saw last night.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    I wondered what the coaching staff were up to after hours.
    The coaches are working their backsides off, yet we look like we are side that hasn't been coached.
    It's cruel, but the entire coaching staff need to be replaced with elite-level coaches.
    We are an elite level team of Galactico class players and we're getting outperformed by teams who would probably be in awe of our players.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
    Doing the same thing over and over again is the definition of insanity, as goes that commonly peddled phrase. McFred didn’t work before, it won’t work now. I’m at a lost for words as to why Ole, looking to keep his job and win back the fans, keeps doing it. Why can’t Donny ever get a game? He was one of the stars in the Ajax system we saw last night.
    Donny is frozen out and gone in January, unless he can last longer than Solskjaer.

Ixion

Starting Rashford seems a bit of a risk. Guy has barely played yet and starting already

MalaysianRed7

Donny is frozen out and gone in January, unless he can last longer than Solskjaer.
    I would love him to because it would mean we’ve had a turnaround of mesmeric proportions, but I doubt Ole is making it past this run of games. Hope the new man fancies Donny for the Christmas period.

laughtersassassin

This would make sense but MCFred have just went back to back without a win.

Loss to Villa and Draw with Everton.

No other pair would get given another go so quickly

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
    I'm sorry I completely disagree. I get even more desperate knowing that we'll be served up more of the same garbage.
    It doesn't change and it won't tonight.

Every game is just the one more game that we need to click. Just one more try and it's going to click.

But it never does

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    Agent hotel

Is this the great plan which Ole was talking about?
    He could've changed our tactics....but he is so inept, he thought the only way he could get an edge over Atalanta is to prevent their players from sleeping.
    :lol:

Ixion

Right, so Ole's something has to give basically meant dropping Pogba and nothing more. No balls at all.

tomaldinho1

That's the spirit.
    Fixed for you:

If Rashford starts I can almost guarantee he'll look great, score a brace and then someone will wipe him out and we'll think he's injured again only for him to rise up, score another to complete the hattrick and then lift up his top to reveal a #OleOut tee shirt

Rojofiam

One of the best possible lineups, we'll win this easily. McFred is crucial to us, whilst Pogba should be a left winger or bench player

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 319 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Atalanta win
  • Draw