Wed, 20 October 2021 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
    A good pressing team. Sub lindelof instead of varane (since he's injured).

-----------------------------------------DDG----------------------------------------
    -------AWB-----------Varane--------------Maguire------------Shaw----
    ---Greenwood-----Donny----Bruno----Matic---------Rashford--
    ----------------------------------------Cavani--------------------------------------

GledTheRed

Valid opinion if you started watching football yesterday. Last season we were even further behind just to enter top of the league a couple of months later. Things turn quickly in football; we´ve seen it so many times, so don´t give up quite yet.
    We will struggle for top four and might just get out of out CL group with the current set up. Even if we do get out of the CL group we'll be easily picked off by any half decently coached team with a actual game plan.

Ollie Derbyshire

……………………..DDG
    AWB……Lindelof….Maguire…Shaw
    …………Fred……….…….VDB
    Sancho…….Bruno…..Rashford
    …………………Ronaldo

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
    Atalanta in the last two seasons could score 5-6 goals against us.

They are just average this season....of course that will probably not enough for at least a draw for them.

No win against them and it means Europa League again.

Dve

................... De Gea

Bissaka - Bailly - Lindelöf - Telles

.............. Pogba - Fred

............... Fernandes

Sancho - Cavani - Rashford

Mcking

Hope we don't play Ronaldo as the striker again. A striker that can't keep hold of the ball and can't complete 5-yard passes, combining with Fernandes, an attacking midfielder that can't keep hold of the ball, and can't complete 5-yard passes. No wonder we are shit.

RooneyLegend

Hope we don't play Ronaldo as the striker again. A striker that can't keep hold of the ball and can't complete 5-yard passes, combining with Fernandes, an attacking midfielder that can't keep hold of the ball, and can't complete 5-yard passes. No wonder we are shit.
    We really are asking for trouble with what you've said.

Statue of Limitations

Atalanta have won 3 of their 7 Serie A games, losing 2.

They have +1 GD.

Be real, the are not going to tear anyone apart.

We win this 8 or 9 times out of 10 I think, Pool have a tougher game and will hopefully be tired playing us on the weekend and hopefully the stars are aligning a bit now.

I've been down today re the result and performance, but this really is a chance to refocus and build momentum again.

Please Utd, just win.

2-0.

Last edited:

Chairman Steve

Remember how people were like “Leicester have been cack so far this season. We’ll do them” in the leadup to today’s match? I feel like deja vu is coming back round sharpish, the way people are talking in here :nervous:

Nickthepip

My sense is that we’ll win. Probably with a mediocre performance and a flattering scoreline. That’s what this team does and would follow the pattern of the last 2-3 years.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
    Atalanta have been pretty mediocre in Serie A this season and some of their key players won't be available in both matches (CB: Djimsiti, WBs: Gosens, Hateboer and their Trequartista: Pessina) but yeah, M.United need a very different attitude from what I watched today.
    At the moment I have the feeling you would struggle against any team
    Leicester were pretty shit until today .

Hughie77

Do you know I don't realy care what 11 he puts out, there way way short on fitness on ability, and the only player that's showing he's aUtd player is Greenwood. The rest are not playing for olly or themselves. No may Maguire was fit enough game time for the foxes game. But he tells the manager I'm ready, who's picking the team?? .. I'm a olly in but after that rubbish. Its time to go sorry .

always_hoping

Ole under pressure so lump your savings on a win
    Same was said before yesterday game v Leicester.

Keep those savings than betting on a disjointed and error ridden team that doesn't make it hard for the opposition to score.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

They have +1 GD.

We win this 8 or 9 times out of 10 I think, Pool have a tougher game and will hopefully be tired playing us on the weekend and hopefully the stars are aligning a bit now.

I've been down today re the result and performance, but this really is a chance to refocus and build momentum again.

Please Utd, just win.

2-0.
    Watch how we make them look like prime Barcelona.

FatTails

Like I said before the Leicester game and in another thread, we need to start having a midfield, and for that, we need to sacrifice one of our attackers, or make big changes to how they operate. Formation and personnel changes are quicker than coaching many players to operate differently.

I am assuming that Matic can’t play twice in 4 days, hence his omission. If he is anywhere near fit enough to play, I’d start him instead of Fred.

De Gea
    Dalot———Lindelof———Bailly———Shaw
    DVB ———Fred———Pogba
    Bruno
    Ronaldo - Rashford​

Last edited:

Winrar

They have +1 GD.

Please Utd, just win.

2-0.
    Leicester had a mediocre start to the season as well... and obviously we know how that turned out :lol:

de Gea, Dalot, Bailly, Lindelöf, Shaw, Telles; Fred, McTominay; Lingard; Greenwood, Cavani.

tob

Feck it. Let’s just do what City does. Five defenders and five attackers. Keep it tight between the lines. Donny is better on and off the ball, so he gets the spot in the middle.

————————— de Gea
    Wan-Bissaka Lindelöf Bailly Shaw
    ————————— de Beek
    ——— Fernandes ———— Sancho
    Greenwood — Ronaldo — Rashford

Honestly, I just wish Ole would try something different at this point.

abailey123

I think it’s time to see what Donny can do personally. We’ve tried every other midfield option and it’s not worked. Pogba to the bench (he’s leaving in the summer anyway). Let’s see Sancho on the right now Rashford is back

De Gea

AWB
    Lindelof
    Maguire
    Shaw

Fred
    Donny

Sancho
    Bruno
    Rashford

Ronaldo

LoneStar

Surely anything other than a win would be detrimental to us getting out of the CL group.

Knowing Ole, he'll go full defensive with McFred and maybe even 5 at the back for the draw. Or we'll destroy them, cause it's Ole under pressure. But in our current form, the former is far more likely.

yamo123x

OLE will get some legs in the team for this one. I think Cavani Rashford and Lingard all play.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Bruno benched. Been great for us but when he is off it and wasteful like he is at the moment, he is not helping.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    Saw their game v Milan this season. Milan beat them by pressing high and causing mistakes. That’s the only way to do it and we should be looking to do the same.
    Yes, i watched that and this is the way to go for an intelligent top-class manager but....................

Marcus

Ole's second last real test. The last one being Liverpool.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    They’re like a juiced Leeds. We normally bag those. But squad morale must be rock bottom right now

vanderpants

All this Ole talk is getting boring now, the board back him for some reason, let's just hope we don't embarrass ourselves again. I want Sancho to start and have a good game along with Donny

Rajma

Saw their game v Milan this season. Milan beat them by pressing high and causing mistakes. That’s the only way to do it and we should be looking to do the same.
    1:13 , once again forward pressing the player with the ball into a mistake for an easy goal. Watch us allow them all the time in the world to go about their build up…We need to start deploying high energy players up top with Rashford/Cavani.

::sonny::

No way, absolutely, that you will see Maguire and Bruno benched, and Donny starting

Will never happen in 1 million of years

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
    Scout
    Players who deserve to keep their place after yesterday

DDG
    Lindelöf
    AwB
    Matic
    Mason

I'd literally change every other fecker.

Offsideagain

Atalanta are 8th in Serie A and are playing away today (Sunday) so using some logic spouted on here, they will be tired. I don’t think so. Like all teams playing against us, they will be energised and press the hell out of our lazy midfield and defence. Pogba calls for change, well putting in a shift would be a start followed by Ole growing a pair and bollocking some of them. The defence keep backing off players instead of tackiling them. If we lose this one, the shit should hit the fan.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

They have +1 GD.

This is exactly the type of team that we'll lose to.
    I think we have more chance of winning against Liverpool because we can play our counter attacking tactics against them. Let the big club/team hog possession, while we hit them on the counter-attack.
    Our problems begin when we play a team who play defensive (like we do). So, if Atalanta want to win, they won't go all out attack. They'll be timid and force us to attack them. If they do this, it should be an easy win for them.

It staggers me how a team of Galacticos can be so badly managed and the manager (who has no history of winning big trophies) still holds his job.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

They have +1 GD.

Please Utd, just win.

2-0.
    What was Leicesters form again?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

They have +1 GD.

Please Utd, just win.

2-0.
    This is what happens when you just look at the stats and results of Atalanta. Have you seen them play ? They play an aggressive 352 . A very physically imposing forward flanked by 2 attackers with an overlapping run from full backs. They will press aggressively .

Going by our form, recipe for disaster. The midfield will be overrun if Ole sticks to Fred or McT. We need players who can pass through the press, who is good on the ball.
    Change to 352 to match their numbers in midfield and start Dalot ,Matic and Donny . Bench one of Pogba/ Bruno. Rashford should start with Ronaldo. Once you bypass the first press , it's easy to get into their half.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 319 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Atalanta win
  • Draw