Kick-off
Wed, 20 October 2021 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

peridigm

No reason this lineup should not win comfortably. Pretty much our starting lineup last season if you swap Ronaldo for Cavani.

Nick7

So when can we try only playing one of McTominay or Fred in a game for a run of matches?

Because I checked our results this season and no Midfield is clearly better than the other.

We have 1 Clean sheet in 19 the majority being with McFred.
    Because we’re even worse when only one of them plays.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
    One of those games where it doesn't really matter who played or how we play, just win.

United in sin

Whether we like it or not, McFred is still the best midfield partnership we've got currently.
    Nope. That's what your clueless and Uber pragmatic manager will have supporters believe. Matic put on an individual performance against Liecester (yes we lost) that I'm yet to see from Fred or McTominay this season

villain

Hates Beyoncé
    So when can we try only playing one of McTominay or Fred in a game for a run of matches?

Because I checked our results this season and no Midfield is clearly better than the other.

We have 1 Clean sheet in 19 the majority being with McFred.
    The elephant in the room is Bruno not being disciplined and coached properly, but because he runs a lot people confuse his effort for effectiveness.
    Not that he's not a ridiculously consistent G+A machine, but he's the only constant that continues to remain in our "midfield"

VanDeBank

Ma’am
    If McTominay finds form again, Fred will look better the casual observants and McFred is back in full force to help Ole scrape results.

Are there any Atalanta/Serie A followers here? I see they went to a back 3 with Koopmeiners next to Freuler in CM and De Roon at RCB. That's new for them, right? I'm fairly certain they typically play 4-2-3-1 with Freuler and De Roon the first names on the team sheet, no?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
    Two pivots again? Against atalanta at home? Man, i was expecting more of a change
    Considering we let in four on our last game, I'd say making the midfield as solid as possible is a good thing.

mu4c_20le

Right. He should keep doing what he did at the weekend against Leicester, that should see him keep his job.

:houllier:
    Exactly this. If he started Pogba after a poor performance then people would be bitching about that instead.

Schnappo

:lol:

1-1 ? We lost 1-0 mate.

And 0-0 was a shit result on its own anyway.
    Yes sorry, 0-0 - the point is still the same though. In an ideal world, I don't really want either Fred or Scott starting for us regularly, but I think they provide us with the most balance out of our options.

VivaRonaldo85

Gotta be this. Best we’ve played in the last while was first half against Everton. Cavani and McFred are a must. Leave Pogba out. Maybe he’ll come back in with a point to prove against Liverpool? Can’t deal with walking around losing 50/50s and looking generally disinterested.

Ronaldo, if he plays like he did against Villa or Leicester then it’s gotta be the bench.
    9/11. Stunning Maguire plays again after Saturday. Would have liked to see him train for a week before Liverpool. Ole wouldn’t drop Ronnie again either.

Nick7

Nope. That's what your clueless and Uber pragmatic manager will have supporters believe. Matic put on an individual performance against Liecester (yes we lost) that I'm yet to see from Fred or McTominay this season
    Leicester were passing around Matic all day long :lol:

villain

Hates Beyoncé
    Exactly this.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
    Supports
    city
    As I said earlier I expect you to win comfortably.
    The McFred combo is not good though in this game.

Flytan

Btw, wtf is going on with Sancho? 73m and we don't play him for consecutive games?
    Really concerned why he was bought at this rate. It'd be one thing if he was just failing but ole seems to love to buy players only to never play them

Josh 76

Meh. Glad to see Rashford back. But I don't really see Ronaldo, Greenwood , Rashford and Bruno all working together... its 4 individuals who all love forcing the issue and playing a killer ball or taking a shot at first chance. Nobody who is a creator first and foremost. Hope it works out though.
    Sancho instead of Ronaldo, and having the front 3 interchange and cause havoc with Bruno pulling the strings, then I remembered Ole is our manager!

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
    Well my suggestion involves better coaching, Bruno being more of a third Midfielder than a striker and then with Pogba McTominay or Pogba Fred

All of our Midfields are failing so it's a coaching problem for the most part!
    Ok, so you have nothing that will help today

Sviken

So the game in which he was to blame for the oppositions winner and a game in which he came off at half time is your evidence. You are on a wind up aren't you?
    Blame for the winner? Matic's man wasn't marked, it wasn't Donny's fault. But even if we presume it was, he still showcased a miles better game than anything Fred has produced. I am on a wind up because I want this team to win and actually do something but you, who are content with just losing games with McFred time and time again... Not only losing but getting battered most of the time and outplayed by mediocre players is somehow the sensible one. Okay, let's see what McFred does this time.

As for me, seriously doubt we're gonna win, and if we do, it ain't gonna be pretty. Probably a Wolves-tier win with Ronaldo goal from 1 shot on target. At least that will save good ol' Ole until we get spanked by Liverpool.

wolvored

What do you expect him to do then?

Change formation in a must-win UCL game?

Then he'll lose and you'd say that he should be sacked? At least now there's more defensive players than there is attackers.

Let's see how the game unfolds and watch the match and enjoy ourselves.

Also calling this season "a waste" after it's barely begun is a bit dramatic.
    When he said something has to change I thought he was going to be bold and try something new. Not something that he has tried so many times with no trophies to show for it.
    I appreciate your red tinted specs for Ole are always on, but surely take them off once in a while and have a look beyond him and what could be done with this squad by a competant manager and coaches.

laughtersassassin

Considering we let in four on our last game, I'd say making the midfield as solid as possible is a good thing.
    Is McFred solid at all? We have 1 Clean Sheet in 19. McFred being are most used combo.

I don't think we have any solid Midfield.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    Donny's game against West Ham and Young Boys was miles better than anything McFred has produced this season. He gets no gametime. It's become clear that the 4-2-3-1 is simply not working. So what does Ole do? Persist with it. Ronaldo is still stuck up top for a poacher role that he never once played in his life. My problem is that Ole seems deathly afraid of trying something new because he is afraid that it will be the end of him. But it is precisely this type of fear that makes him a mediocre manager. In this he is eerily similar to Moyes who'd do the exact same thing Ole does. They're both cut from the same cloth "make it difficult for the other team to beat us" types.
    I don’t really disagree with you if I’m honest.

Devil may care

I thought Fred wasn't in the squad, there's no new approach here, no system change, just the same old shit hoping that one of the front 4 scores a worldie.

Hammondo

How is McTominay part of our best or in-form 11 when he's been piss poor and Pogba has been our best playmaker thus far with 7 assists? Is it because Pogba 'cant play in midfield'?
    He got most of those assists in a few games, and has been terrible in the rest.

Artimities

Matic would never be able to go like we need him to after a game a few days ago. Pogba on the bench is a good move. I have a feeling Pogba is not in this teams long term plans. I think we are gonna be patchwork until January in hopes we are still close or contenders.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 319 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Atalanta win
  • Draw