Kick-off
Sat, 4 March 2017 @ 12:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    VS..

Date - Saturday, March 04 2017
    Kickoff Time - 1230 Hrs GMT
    Venue - Old Trafford, Manchester

League standings and form guide

Manchester United : DDDWW

Bournemouth : DLLLL

Previous League Meetings

Bournemouth 1-3 Manchester United

Manchester United 3-1 Bournemouth

Bournemouth 2-1 Manchester United

All-Time League Record

Manchester United wins - 2
    Bournemouth wins - 1
    Draws - 0

Pre-Match Pressers

José Mourinho

Eddie Howe

Team News

Manchester United

Henrikh Mkhitaryan ruled out. Bastian Schweinsteiger doubtful (knock).

Bournemouth

Adam Federici, Callum Wilson and Simon Francis ruled out. Jordon Ibe fit.

Know the opposition

Association Football Club Bournemouth - nicknamed The Cherries, and Boscombe - are a professional football club based in Bournemouth, Dorset. The exact date of the club's foundation is not known, but there is proof that it was formed as Bascombe FC in the autumn of 1899 out of the remains of the older Boscombe St. John's Lads’ Institute FC. Nicknamed The Cherries (Dean Court was built adjacent to the Cooper-Dean estate, which encompassed numerous cherry orchards), the team traditionally played in red shirts with white sleeves until 1971, when the strip was changed to red and black stripes, similar to that of AC Milan. Bournemouth have spent 69 seasons in the second division of English football, and this is their second season of participation in the top tier of English football. Bournemouth's biggest rivals are Brighton & Hove Albion, Reading FC and Southampton FC. They play their home games at Dean Court, Bournemouth.

Referee

Kevin Friend.

Familiar Faces

Joshua King (at Manchester United from 2008-2013)

paulscholes18

FFS the only time I would miss the game is that time, Bournemouth are sinking like a stone should turn them over

DDG
    Valencia Bailly Rojo Blind
    Herrera Pogba
    Lingard Mata Martial
    Zlatan

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    A week before we play again :(

Any chance Mkhitaryan will be back?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
    A comfortable performance and win please.

Yagami

Good post resistant
    A week before we play again :(

Any chance Mkhitaryan will be back?
    As much as I love to see the games coming through thick and fast, we could do with a break going off of today's game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Ideal opponents, need to stay in touch with the top 4 whatever is going on in the cups

zeekey

Liverpool play Arsenal. Must win this.

A nice break before it goes berserk. No turning back after this match, unless we get dumped out of the other cups.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
    Scout
    Our last period of rest before the madness of March. Hopefully everyone who needs a break will get one and come back ready to work. Another good month keeps us on course for a magnificent season.

As for this game on paper it looks about the easiest start to this tough run we could have wished for. If we stay professional we should get the job done.

charlenefan

Our last period of rest before the madness of March. Hopefully everyone who needs a break will get one and come back ready to work. Another good month keeps us on course for a magnificent season.
    Even if the season ends with an FA Cup, Europa League and a top 4 finish I wouldn't class it as a magnificent season tbh

jackofalltrades

Quite a few of the squad may get a rest when the internationals are played. Of the ones certain or likely to be called up some like Rashford or Rooney haven't played that much this season anyway and others may not even play. For once an international break may come in handy.

Last edited:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
    Scout
    Even if the season ends with an FA Cup, Europa League and a top 4 finish I wouldn't class it as a magnificent season tbh
    Fair enough, it's the same 'treble' we've laughed at Liverpool for celebrating in 2000/01 and would not be in the same league as '99 or '08. However in the scheme of things and where we have come from in the past three years I think cleaning up those three cups and finishing our league campaign strongly would be a pretty magnificent achievement.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
    Then you're really spoiled as a fan.

3 trophies and a solid if unspectacular league campaign wouldn't be magnificent? It would have been classed as such under Fergie.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
    Fair enough, it's the same 'treble' we've laughed at Liverpool for celebrating in 2000/01 and would not be in the same league as '99 or '08.
    To be fair, we mocked them for calling it a 'treble'. I don't think anyone knocked the achievement of winning the cups.

We have a good bunch of fans and generally most are still calling it the 'Mickey Mouse Treble' and would do if we managed the same feat. I can't imagine any United fans commenting with "Treble Winners" en masse if we secured the remaining available trophies.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
    Scout
    To be fair, we mocked them for calling it a 'treble'. I don't think anyone knocked the achievement of winning the cups.

We have a good bunch of fans and generally most are still calling it the 'Mickey Mouse Treble' and would do if we managed the same feat. I can't imagine any United fans commenting with "Treble Winners" en masse if we secured the remaining available trophies.
    True, I should have made it clear I meant we laughed at some of their fans calling it 'the treble' after what we'd done two years earlier. I absolutely think it was a great achievement in its own right and would be fantastic for us to do this season.

But yes I would hope our fanbase wouldn't go mad with talk of trebles.

ChaddyP

plus we actually won a treble in real life.. we can win the mickey mouse treble and call it such as we have the right to do so :devil:

SirAF

Ageist
    Brilliant to have a week until the next match! Must win, per usual..

charlenefan

It would be a very, very good season tho, right?
    Yeah maybe

tbh I find it hard to get excited about the prospect as its about as unlikely to happen as an actual treble is next season. The FA Cup will be about as hard to win as it ever has and that's if we even get past Chelsea which I feel is unlikely and likewise we'll reach a point in the season where we'll either need to either go all in in league or all in in the Europa and subsequently one of those will see results drop as a result

If we end the season with 1 trophy (done) and Champions League football next season then Jose will have had a good first season in charge

Ban

Yeah maybe

tbh I find it hard to get excited about the prospect as its about as unlikely to happen as an actual treble is next season. The FA Cup will be about as hard to win as it ever has and that's if we even get past Chelsea which I feel is unlikely and likewise we'll reach a point in the season where we'll either need to either go all in in league or all in in the Europa and subsequently one of those will see results drop as a result

If we end the season with 1 trophy (done) and Champions League football next season then Jose will have had a good first season in charge
    Agreed. Most important thing is a CL spot. If we can achieve that along with a trophy or two it would be really great. If we celebrated league cup like today imagine the celebrations if we win EL. :)

charlenefan

Agreed. Most important thing is a CL spot. If we can achieve that along with a trophy or two it would be really great. If we celebrated league cup like today imagine the celebrations if we win EL. :)
    The thing about the Europa League is do people want to win it because it's a trophy or because it's a route into the UCL? I personally feel the latter, it's hard to get too excited about winning a trophy where the very best sides weren't competing in it because they were in a better competition :/

Ban

The thing about the Europa League is do people want to win it because it's a trophy or because it's a route into the UCL? I personally feel the latter, it's hard to get too excited about winning a trophy where the very best sides weren't competing in it because they were in a better competition :/
    Both. It's a trophy we never won and it's a route to the CL. United should aspire to win every cup in which it's competing in and despite the fact CL is of course better it's still a good competition.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
    It's also a trophy we've never won before and we're in a unique opportunity to win it. Sure, it's not the CL, but what's not to be excited about?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    By the time this game comes around it will be FOUR months since we last lost a consequential game of football. The only loss in that time was to Hull in a two-legged affair when it was a good enough result to win the tie regardless.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
    Win this and we go 5th.

EDIT - or not if the dippers win tonight.

Last edited:

Devil may care

We have 5 days rest before this one but it is funny that we get the very earliest possible kick off time of the weekend. :lol:

Bournemouth are an attacking side so I think we'll go 4-2-3-1.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
    Are you for real??

AgentP

I think Fergie has spoilt it for us. But if you just take the last 3 seasons, winning all this would be an incredible achievement. If this was offered at the start of the season, I would not think twice. Next season is when we can start aiming for the big trophies.

AgentP

We have 5 days rest before this one but it is funny that we get the very earliest possible kick off time of the weekend. :lol:

Bournemouth are an attacking side so I think we'll go 4-2-3-1.

Would like to see this line up. Hope Mkhitaryan is back by then. The injury didn't look that serious. After last night's performance, I'm not sure who our best CBs are anymore. Bailly will definitely play as he is suspended for the Europa game. Also, I think Blind will play LB.

AgentP

By the time this game comes around it will be FOUR months since we last lost a consequential game of football. The only loss in that time was to Hull in a two-legged affair when it was a good enough result to win the tie regardless.
    The game against Chelsea might change that. Don't want to be too pessimistic but with the amount of games we are playing, we might not be able to match Chelsea's intensity especially with Kante chasing our players down like a possessed demon. Stamford Bridge has always been a tough ground for us. The last time I remember us beating them there was the CL semifinals in 2010-11 I think.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
    Glad that there is almost a week's gap. Give players 1-2 days off, Jose. The tiredness was pretty evident yesterday.

prateik

The players have Monday and Tuesday off.

Shaw should be back.. We struggled against width.. I'd like to see Rojo in the middle and Shaw LB..

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    The game against Chelsea might change that. Don't want to be too pessimistic but with the amount of games we are playing, we might not be able to match Chelsea's intensity especially with Kante chasing our players down like a possessed demon. Stamford Bridge has always been a tough ground for us. The last time I remember us beating them there was the CL semifinals in 2010-11 I think.
    So might Rostov too. If this run continues for another two weeks I'll be very pleasantly surprised.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 544 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bournemouth win
  • Draw