Sun, 30 December 2018 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 66 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
    We are going to struggle big time with this 11 any time the ball is in the air from defensive situations.

Would love if we could land a defensive leader in January but it's a tough time to add quality to the squad.

It's bloody exciting to watch though and I hope we carry on hunting for goals in the second half. Bournemouth are there for the taking.

MrBest

Screw it if we win 5 1 every game i would take that over 2 0 every game. I do think we look progressively better at the back today.

EwanI Ted

Another feelgood first half. Not arsed about the goal against, just enjoying the football these days for the first time in a good while.

Smores

Guys, if we keep winning by 2 and 3 goals, I don’t give a shit about a clean sheet.
    Yeah but we won't against the top teams. To go to title challengers we need to sort our defence out, Liverpool are perfect example of that this season unfortunately

OldSchoolManc

This is all so much better!
    We are back and all it took was letting the players express themselves.
    Pogba is putting in proper effort and he’s working great in an 8/10 position
    I’d give it Ole and Phelan right now, but it’s best to keep the hunger til the summer.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
    Incredible how well this team is playing after booting Mourinho out. Can’t even begin to imagine how detrimental he was to the players’ attitude and spirit. So happy with this football.

Excited for the rest of the season now. If we hadn’t fallen so far behind under Mourinho we could definitely fight for the title, but I fear it’s a bit out of reach now.
    Let's keep the big talk for when we play a top team! If we can start scalping top 4 teams then we can start talking. Although beating everyone else would be a good start!

el3mel

Clean sheet is cursed I guess.

Nevermind, unreal form from Pogba and Rash. I'm speechless from what they're doing today. They look head and shoulder above the rest of players. Both are 10/10 today.

This is the closest thing I have seen to United of last 2 Fergie seasons, amazing upfront, absolute shite at the back, but as long as we score 3-5 goals a game I don't fecking care!

Let's go on and bang on another 2-3 goals second half.

RedDevilRoshi

Conceding that goal at the end of that half is annoying. Can’t seem to get a clean sheet against anyone.

Other than that, I’m thoroughly enjoying watching us again. Our attacking play is just so refreshing and enjoyable to watch which is crazy after the season we’ve endured before Ole came in.

moodyred

we are playing with swagger. The football is so pleasing to the eye. Lads should not be afraid to make mistake. Sure, we may let in one goal per game, but we are scoring 3 in a half!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    Defence is again a worry for us, but that was never going to solve itself overnight under Ole. I'm just so pleased we're looking a real attacking threat again, against teams who we'd have made look like 90s Milan with our dithering rubbish under Jose.
    We obviously need to sort the defence out, but Jose just made it that to protect them we didn't attack. Best form of defence is attacking.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    How is lindleof struggling in a game where he barely has to defend? It’s happened in the past 3 games now
    I just don’t think he’s very good, to be honest.

The United

We need a defender or two who can dominate in the air.

Both Lindelof and Bailiey are pretty shite in the air for PL CB.

But, I would rather lead 5 - 2 than defending as our life defends on it against Barca at their peak against some bottom half team.

buckooo1978

great watching United again

one of the good thing about our defending is it's clear to see our weakness

Jones, Rojo out

bring in two CBs who will dominate our box like Rio and Vidic

Smalling is probably our best defender in the air but he doesn't have the presence someone like Vidic/Rio did. I remember games against Bolton under Big Sam where Vidic was winning 10 headers a game

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
    A Pogba hat trick and martial for some icing will do me. And if this defence could just stop letting goals in ffs

Ekeke

just a little shoulder charge to show you are there will impact the force of the header. He just jumped for nothing.
    Yeah you dont always have to win a challenge whether its on the floor or in the air, but just making the challenge can at least put the attacker off

Teja

It is this really weird feeling that we're not in control defensively - too many cases where oppo players are 1:1 against our fullbacks in a relatively attacking situation. Maybe post Mou hungover but it felt a lot more secure and organized when he was the coach.

It feels like we'll get punished by better teams but maybe we won't be this attacking against a better team. At any rate, it's really exciting to watch.

EDIT: Set pieces obviously are a different ball game and we seem to be shit at them suddenly but open play positioning is what worries me more.

WelshManc

If we could get a defender like Koulibaly in that defence we'd be fine. Shame we couldn't keep a clean sheet again but a brilliant first half, don't go off the boil now and get a couple more goals.

Cerberus

Feels good knowing we'll outscore the opposition even when they get a goal back.

That Bournemouth goal would have had me dreading the second half were this a couple of weeks ago.

saivet

What gives me some hope for our defence is that it's set pieces we have been conceding from, something that good coach can help reduce.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 88% of 791 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 549 ratings.

Score Predictions