Sat, 4 July 2020 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

always_hoping

Why change a winning team?

Bournemouth represent zero threat yet they beat us earlier on this season?
    That defeat was one of Uniteds most depressing results of the season. A prime opportunity to win this match in style and put that previous meeting firmly in the past.

edcunited1878

The squad had the fitness levels of the Dog and Duck reserve side this part of the season last year thanks to Jose and his rouge fitness coach, something we don't have to worry about now. We are probably along with Liverpool the fittest squad in the Premier League now thanks to the work put in during pre-season.
    I don't disagree with them being fitter than that time, but they still have to go out and prove it and do it. The most important game is the one game in front of you. I'm not getting ahead of myself because it's never as straightforward as people want to believe and just roll out the balls and get the result. Every game is a test for everyone to prove to themselves that they can do it and do it when the pressure is on and when United go behind. What's the response and their where's their head at. Those are the small, but significant details.

USREDEVIL

Same 11. We're actually starting to gel so let's not eff that up. Can't see Rashford going another game without a goal. I think it'll be 3-1 united. Rashford, Martial, Bruuuuuuunooo.

Class of 63

Sourness
    Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
    I don't disagree with them being fitter than that time, but they still have to go out and prove it and do it. The most important game is the one game in front of you. I'm not getting ahead of myself because it's never as straightforward as people want to believe and just roll out the balls and get the result. Every game is a test for everyone to prove to themselves that they can do it and do it when the pressure is on and when United go behind. What's the response and their where's their head at. Those are the small, but significant details.
    They are visibly fitter and at the right time, still can't believe there were those questioning it after only a few games of the season, not sure what they were expecting so soon.

As long as the players don't go onto the pitch thinking it's only Bournemouth and we should be winning 3/4/5-0 we'll be fine, and if they do Ole, Mike and Michael are the right people to pull them back in line.

Yep one game at a time, and I wouldn't be surprised if we struggle to win the home games, but win the away games including Leicester City comfortably.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Maguire was money well spent, the guy was born to Captain Manchester United, and you can go game after game without really noticing Lindelof which surely is a good thing.
    Lindelof isn't noticed because he's not making obvious errors. He's not making these errors because he's been performing well for us.

Its an absolute joke how he's underrated on the caf.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    I'm sure for some it's because he's a Mourinho signing, or because he's a Swede.
    If he had the exact performances but happened to be an academy kid, we'd be salivating over him

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    Lindelof isn't noticed because he's not making obvious errors. He's not making these errors because he's been performing well for us.

Agreed! You don’t really want to notice defenders, and keepers.

He wins more of his aerial duels, he has some way to go still but he’s on the up for sure and I’m happy with him recently.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
    Probably, but going into Match Week 11, Bournemouth had scored 6 points on 5 matches (3 draws and a win) where United had only garnered 5 (2 draws and a win).

Coming into this week, Bournemouth have 1 point from 5 matches (scoring 4 goals, conceding 11) while we have 11 (scoring 10 goals, conceding 2).

We're on a roll, they're getting rolled.
    Yeah that’s what I meant. We were shitter in November than we are now. They were better than they are now.

Should be a hammering

Marcelinho87

Maguire was money well spent, the guy was born to Captain Manchester United, and you can go game after game without really noticing Lindelof which surely is a good thing.
    You can indeed but I always fear Lindelof has a mistake in him or a moment of weakness, much more reliable than Bailly though!

Gerald G

De Gea
    AWB--Lindelof--Maguire--Shaw
    Matic--Pogba
    Greenwood--Bruno--Rashford
    Martial​

Subs: McTominay > Matic; Fred > Pogba; Mata > Bruno; Chong > Rashford; Ighalo > Martial

Class of 63

Sourness
    Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
    You can indeed but I always fear Lindelof has a mistake in him or a moment of weakness, much more reliable than Bailly though!
    All defenders make mistakes, there's far to many top players trying to make them look like chumps not to, but the best ones are those that get it out of their system and not under or over defend trying to make amends and Lindelof seems to be one of those, and his rare mistakes don't seem to affect his team-mates either. With Bailly and he's so frustrating because he's got the tools to be one of the very best in the business, when he makes a mistake, oft unforced, you sense the entire defence think here we go again!

If only we could clone those two we'd have potentially the greatest ball-playing centre-half ever to play the game.

RedDevil@84

Shaw can have a normal game and get high praise on caf. Lindelof performs well game after game and somehow Maguire gets praise.

Yagami

Good post resistant
    Looking at a Bournemouth forum and it seems that they're confident:

cherrycarl2004 said:
    9-1 Man Utd. Going for 10 and we will hit them on the counter attack for harry Wilson to get a goal. Eddie Howe will then say how we need to improve and that we haven't been good enough. Oh, and it is a head scratcher.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
    :houllier: Really?? I'll give you some mid-table club, but Manchester United? Not even saying that he's not currently our best choice as captain. But have our standards dropped that far?

RedCurry

Might be worth keeping an eye on Ake in this. With Bournemouth all but down I'd say, he may be gettable at a cut rate. Seeing as our CBs tend to drop like flies, and we're in need of shipping out the likes of Jones, Rojo and Smalling, could he be a shrewd signing this summer?
    Never really rated Ake all that much. He doesn’t really stand out at anything and seems to be error prone. He’s far better than Jones and Rojo so that’s something.

flappyjay

A 2-0 professional performance is fine for me. On other hand these feckers manage to beat us every season, it would be great if we gave them a proper send off AS Roma 06-07 style

red woppit

Supports
    Northampton Town
    I don't think the team will change much now until end of league/ fa cup season, but I think there may one or two changes each match to give a bench player a start. I would give Fred a run this week, instead of Matic, the reason being that Bournemouth are not great going forward, they won't have Calum Wilson or Ryan Fraser playing, so defensively we shouldn't be under any pressure, and save Matic for Villa away. I would probably give Williams a run at left back, think he would enjoy bombing up and down that left wing, and it would be interesting to see if he comes up against David Brookes, probably Bournemouth's best player, and how he copes with him. Can see Greenwood having a rest, possibly Villa away, as I think they will have a go at us, and James may have a better opportunity in that one than Saturday, and Greenwood is only 18, so will need some rest periods, don't want him to get injury problems like Michael Owen when he was that age.

Withnail

Based on those last couple of games, Liverpool aside, it looks like cobwebs are starting to clear and teams are getting used to this lockdown malarky.

I don't reckon Bournemouth will pose a huge challenge tomorrow but I think the games against teams with something to fight for will be more closely contested affairs from here on in.

Withnail

Thanks, just read he will make changes. I hope its not in attack.
    Seems like it will depend on fitness judging by this quote:

“I’ve got to wait and see. A couple have got some knocks and bruises. If there are a couple of changes don’t be surprised just because of fitness, but so many games. We’ve got to look after the players.

“It would be nice to play a team that played so well against Sheffield United and Brighton but let’s wait and see how everyone is after training. I’ve got many many reasons to play the same team but have reasons to rotate.”

I'd say he'll keep the same team if he can, hope to build a lead and then rest players.

ShinjiNinja26

Hopefully we don’t make too many changes and feck up the momentum and have another game like Norwich. We really need to close the gap and put pressure on Chelsea and Leicester. This is exactly the type of game we’ve got complacent in all season, Bournemouth are on a terrible run but can’t afford to be taking this lightly.

RedDevilUnited369

“I’ve seen lots of quotes we have an easy run in but next five games: Bournemouth we lost against them earlier in the season, Aston Villa we drew at Old Trafford, Southampton, we drew to them, lost to Palace, lost to West Ham - there are teams we’ve got a point to prove against and we have to improve on last performance.

“It’s not an easy game, what anyone else thinks doesn’t matter, we’ll have to perform. Bournemouth are fighting, where they are is not a nice place to be in but they are one of the best teams in the league on set pieces. We know we have to stop quite a few things with them. If we play to our best we should create chances and win the game.”

I’m glad Ole isn’t letting the boys get complacent. I think part of why Chelsea lost to WH was down to thinking it would be an easy game.

I feel like Matic will be rested. James will start too..maybe Shaw will make way for Williams.

Last edited:

romufc

Seems like it will depend on fitness judging by this quote:

“I’ve got to wait and see. A couple have got some knocks and bruises. If there are a couple of changes don’t be surprised just because of fitness, but so many games. We’ve got to look after the players.

“It would be nice to play a team that played so well against Sheffield United and Brighton but let’s wait and see how everyone is after training. I’ve got many many reasons to play the same team but have reasons to rotate.”

I'd say he'll keep the same team if he can, hope to build a lead and then rest players.
    I would imagine its the players who played 90 mins. Greenwood maybe Matic?

Zoo

I reckon Fred for Matic and James for Greenwood will be the changes that Ole makes.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    “I’ve seen lots of quotes we have an easy run in but next five games: Bournemouth we lost against them earlier in the season, Aston Villa we drew at Old Trafford, Southampton, we drew to them, lost to Palace, lost to West Ham - there are teams we’ve got a point to prove against and we have to improve on last performance.

“It’s not an easy game, what anyone else thinks doesn’t matter, we’ll have to perform. Bournemouth are fighting, where they are is not a nice place to be in but they are one of the best teams in the league on set pieces. We know we have to stop quite a few things with them. If we play to our best we should create chances and win the game.”

I’m glad Ole isn’t letting the boys get complacent. I think part of why Chelsea lost to WH was down to thinking it would be an easy game.

I feel like Matic will be dropped. James will start too..maybe Shaw will make way for Williams.
    Not sure Matic and dropped is the right word. Rested would be better. He sure as hell doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Irrational.

Is King going to be fit?

I hate playing Bournemouth as they love stepping it up against us. Hopefully our quality will shine through.

romufc

Do we need to rest anyone for this one when the next match is 6 days away?

I know it's a bit of a grueller after that with the next 4 games in such a short space of time.
    If it was me then no, start the same team, if we up then rest them otherwise do not make a change.

From his quotes, it seems he will make changes.

jamesjimmybyrondean

So based on Ole's comments I think it's this.

De Gea
    AWB--Lindelof--Maguire--Shaw
    Pogba--Mctominay
    James--Bruno--Rashford
    Martial​

GoldanoGraham

We need to start with our now preferred starting 11 as that team can start with pace and purpose - we saw at Norwich what happens when we make changes from that line-up - we end up playing a more slow-paced predictable style......

let's get a couple of goals up and then make the changes

while I'm confident that we will win - when we've been here before when we think we just need to turn up to win it has a habit of biting us in the arse.....the start and urgency are key - I normally have a good idea of how a game is going to go after the first 10 mins - against SU and Brighton I was very confident as we looked up for it and moved the ball around quickly and with purpose - that's what we need tomorrow - especially as they are going to sit deep and try their luck on the counter

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Mason Greenwood image Mason Greenwood 81% of 383 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 371 ratings.

Score Predictions