Kick-off
Mon, 2 May 2022 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    ....................VS.........................

Date: Monday, May 02 2022
    Kickoff Time: 2000 Hrs BST
    Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester

League form guide

6. Manchester United: LWLLD
    14. Brentford: LWWWD

Previous League Meetings

Brentford 1—3 Manchester United

Brentford 0—0 Manchester United

Manchester United 4—1 Brentford

Manchester United 3—0 Brentford

Brentford 2—5 Manchester United

All-Time League Record

Manchester United wins: 5
    Brentford wins: 4
    Draws: 2

Pre-Match Pressers

Ralf Rangnick

Thomas Frank

Team News

Manchester United

Paul Pogba, Luke Shaw and Harry Maguire ruled out. Jadon Sancho, Fred and Aaron Wan-Bissaka doubtful.

Brentford

Zanka, Frank Onyeka and Sergi Canós ruled out. Kristoffer Ajer, Christian Nørgaard and Ethan Pinnock doubtful.

Know the opposition

Brentford Football Club (nicknamed The Bees) is a professional football club based in Brentford, West London, England. The club was founded in October 1889, as the local sportsmen's latest attempt to form a permanent football or rugby club in the town. By 1896, Brentford had joined the London League, progressing to the Southern League in 1898 and entering the Football League in 1920. Upon the appointment of Harry Curtis as manager in 1926 came the beginning of Brentford's most successful period, with promotions in 1933 and 1935 taking the club into the top-flight of English football for the first time in its history. Three consecutive top-six finishes in the First Division established Brentford as one of the top clubs in England, but a decline began in 1938 which led to the club's relegation back to the Third Division South by 1954.

Recently, after two failed playoff campaigns in six Championship seasons, Brentford were promoted into the Premier League after victory in the 2021 Championship play-off Final (reaching the highest level of the English football pyramid for the first time since the 1946–47 season). Brentford's main rivals are Fulham and Queens Park Rangers. The club have a long standing rivalry with Fulham. In the past this fixture has been marred by crowd violence. Brentford's rivalry with Queens Park Rangers intensified in 1967, when Rangers failed in an attempted takeover of the Bees, a move which, had it succeeded, would have seen Rangers move into Griffin Park and Brentford quit the Football League. Brentford play their home games at the Brentford Community Stadium.

Referee

Chris Kavanagh.

Familiar Faces

N/A​

Irwin99

Will be a farewell to OT for quite a few players -Mata, Matic, possibly Jones.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
    End of an era at Old Trafford. Lets go out with a win.

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    ---------------------de Gea
    Dalot--Lindelof---Varane--Fernandez
    --------------Matic-----Mejbri
    Sancho-------------------------Garnacho
    ------------------Cristiano

From the bench: Elanga, Fred, sicknote Cavani

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    Like to see Garnacho given more than 30 seconds. Should win but pretty sure we'll managed to give them a draw...

Josh 76

Sky must be thinking how the feck are we going to make this game sound appealing.

Even the presenter of last nights game asked Roy Keane to pick his best UtD 11 on MNF. Then he said “there’s something to look forward to.” What he don’t realise is Keanes best 11 is not a top secret!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
    We will need another two wins to secure EL football. We could win this one but not sure about Brighton and Palace away at all.

Conference League is definitely still a scary proposition.

NoPace

Sky must be thinking how the feck are we going to make this game sound appealing.

Even the presenter of last nights game asked Roy Keane to pick his best UtD 11 on MNF. Then he said “there’s something to look forward to.” What he don’t realise is Keanes best 11 is not a top secret!
    What is it?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
    Play the kids for fecks sake. Hannibal instead of Bruno and Varna how instead of Rashford and stop this two keepers on the bench shit.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
    I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
    Frank is probably still bitter about smashing us to a 3-1 loss. Have no doubt they’ll have their way with our ‘midfield’ and create some opportunities, whether they take them we’ll have to see. Don’t have much hope for our lot, completely checked out, maybe Ronaldo might drag us over the line.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    With their current form i'd say they are heavy favourites :lol:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
    Kinda have to win this one, would be sweet with a Ronnie hattrick, he only need 5 goals to overtake Salah. All balls to Ronnie!

crossy1686

career ending
    I concur.

But it's 2020's, peak cancel culture, and if you deny that those bees resemble golliwogs then you're lying to yourself and to me - and to the bee.

Anyway, like it or not, if that mascots not already cancelled (the pic looks a little older) it will be soon enough.
    They’re now known as Gollies or a Golly my friend, the second part of that word is the highly offensive part. Probably best to do a little edit

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
    With Brighton and Palace away to come which I don't expect much from, this is a must win for 6th to avoid the Europa Conference league.

Pughnichi

Tickets for this one. I’m dreading it.

hoping to see Hannibal at least get some reasonable minutes.

Hoof the ball

We'll be 2-0 up and Hannibal will come on in 88th minute.

Most of Redcafe will bemoan it. A spattering of individuals will point out that giving kids anything more than a minute unless in a game we're winning 8-0 will damage them irreparably.

Put money on it.

el diablorojo

Supports
    Brentford
    I concur.

But it's 2020's, peak cancel culture, and if you deny that those bees resemble golliwogs then you're lying to yourself and to me - and to the bee.

Anyway, like it or not, if that mascots not already cancelled (the pic looks a little older) it will be soon enough.
    No chance fella - if they get rid of Buzzbee and Buzzette they will be uproar. I can happily confirm they are very much still our mascots and are present at every game outside the stadium. They are clearly bees and I think you are the first person I've ever come across that golliwogs are the first thing that comes to mind when seeing them. Even in peak cancel culture I can't see them going away ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 211 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brentford win
  • Draw