Kick-off
Sun, 4 April 2021 @ 7:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    ................VS....................

Date - Sunday, April 04 2021

Kickoff Time - 1930 Hrs BST
    Venue - Old Trafford, Manchester

League standings and form guide

2. Manchester United: WWDDW
    16. Brighton & Hove Albion: WWLLL

Previous League Meetings

Brighton & Hove Albion 2—3 Manchester United

Brighton & Hove Albion 0—3 Manchester United

Manchester United 3—1 Brighton & Hove Albion

Manchester United 2—1 Brighton & Hove Albion

Brighton & Hove Albion 3—2 Manchester United

All-Time League Record

Manchester United wins: 10
    Brighton & Hove Albion wins: 3
    Draws: 2

Pre-Match Pressers

Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Graham Potter

Team News

Manchester United

Juan Mata and Phil Jones ruled out. Edinson Cavani, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood doubtful.

Brighton & Hove Albion

Florin Andone, Solly March and Tariq Lamptey ruled out. Aaron Connolly and Adam Webster doubtful.

Know the opposition

Brighton & Hove Albion (nicknamed The Seagulls and Albion) are a professional football club based in Brighton & Hove. The club was first formed as Brighton & Hove United on 24 June 1901, and the name was quickly changed to Brighton & Hove Albion. The club took the place of a defunct club, Brighton & Hove Rover, in the Southern League In the Southern League they won their only national honour to date, the FA Charity Shield, by defeating Football League Champions Aston Villa in 1910. There had previously been Old Brightonians, representing the area in the FA Cup in the 19th Century. The club initially played at the Hove County Ground, with a few games were also at Goldstone Ground that was used by Hove F.C. From 1902 onwards, Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. and Hove F.C. shared the Gladstone Ground. In 1920, 19 years after the club was formed, they were elected to the Football League's new Third Division.

Mismanagement brought Brighton close to relegation from the Football League to the Conference which they narrowly avoided in 1997 and 1998. A boardroom takeover saved Brighton from liquidation, and following successive promotions they returned to the second tier of English football in 2002, from then on playing in the second and third tiers of English football until the conclusion of the 2016-17 season, where the club earned promotion to the Premier League for the first time in their history, marking the end of a 34-year absence from the top flight. Bighton's fans consider Crystal Palace to be their biggest rival with matches between them termed the M23 derby, and they play their home games at Falmer Stadium.

Referee

Mike Dean.

Familiar Faces

N/A.​

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    Thank god there's a break from watching United

Hopefully no injuries from the Internationals

Bwuk

Assuming no injuries after Internationals I want to see Amad start

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    Deano
    AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
    McTominay - Pogba
    Greenwood - Bruno - Rashford
    Cavani
    Half of those will come back injured from the internationals though.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    Inappropriate Content
    Does Cavani still play for youaregay?

slored1

De Gea (Henderson)
    AWB-Lindelöf-Maguire-Shaw
    McTominay-Pogba
    Greenwood-Bruno-Rashford
    Cavani

2-0 United. Let's go back to the winning ways.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
    Thank god there's a break from watching United

Hopefully no injuries from the Internationals
    Yeh been a real slog watching us beat the team in 5th, win at the San Siro and lose in an FA Cup QF.
    Eat your heart out Port Vale fans.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
    I think United will get a favourable result because BHA’s need is not so great. They are on a fairly solid points tally now and should survive quite comfortably.

Pughnichi

Home vs Brighton...against a low block...

I’ll lose my mind if we see McFred.

worse still, one of McFred and Matic

please Ole. For the love of all things holy

The Boy

Supports
    Brighton and Hove Albion
    Home vs Brighton...against a low block...
    You clearly have never seen us play under Potter, we never play with a low block. This is just a lazy assumption that every team that isn't in the top 6 automatically plays a low block.

Separately when did the term low block become a thing? why is not just playing deep or playing very defensively?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
    You clearly have never seen us play under Potter, we never play with a low block. This is just a lazy assumption that every team that isn't in the top 6 automatically plays a low block.

Separately when did the term low block become a thing? why is not just playing deep or playing very defensively?
    Mourinho was our manager.

Pughnichi

Let’s see how the game pans out eh

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
    Waiting for the posts that wants Potter to take over as manager here.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Hopefully Rashford and Bruno are used sparingly over the next 2 weeks... hopefully no new injuries and everyone comes back fresh for the run in. Brighton is good but I think the game will suit us. Get Cavani, Pogba, Bruno and Rashford in the same team and we'll be ok.

De Gea
    Wan Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    McTominay Fred
    Rashford Bruno Pogba
    Cavani​

R'hllor

Well hope we play better than we did away vs them, think i still have that full match on some hdd.

GazTheLegend

Hopefully you won't be given a stonewall penalty after the final whistle this time!
    Fixed that for ya

Going to be a tough game, Brighton playing extremely well with a revitalised Welbeck. We are going to need to be at our best

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    Let’s see how the game pans out eh
    He's right though and he's not wrong to question you called them low block because Brighton under Potter don't play low block. The media also made fun of their xG because their xG is so high aka creating lot of chances but they couldn't score due to non clinical finisher. So playing McFred might not be a bad idea for this match since they don't play low block.

Devil may care

I'm sure one of the usual ham-and-eggers will partner Pogba in midfield but I'd try the below.

RashyForPM

Brighton genuinely play better football than us, which is weird to say. However, we have better players.

Henderson
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    McT Pogba
    Greenwood Bruno Rashford
    Cavani

3-1 United

Pughnichi

He's right though and he's not wrong to question you called them low block because Brighton under Potter don't play low block. The media also made fun of their xG because their xG is so high aka creating lot of chances but they couldn't score due to non clinical finisher. So playing McFred might not be a bad idea for this match since they don't play low block.
    fair do’s. It’s not uncommon though for ‘lesser’ teams to come to old Trafford and change their tactics. More so knowing that we struggle to break teams down.

that said I hold my hands up to not watching much (any) Brighton games except early in the season when they dominated us.

I still do expect them to set up and take a more defensive approach. And similarly expect us to struggle breaking them down.

jumping to the low block assumption perhaps unfair. My main issue is to be playing more gifted players in the middle and give them more cause for concern.

Last edited:

always_hoping

Watched Brighton away to City, they lost 1-0 and they really should have earned at least a point in that match. Also watched them against Liverpool in Anfield and were good value for their 1-0 win.

5 away defeats for Brighton this season in 14 league games and 3 of those defeats was by a 1 goal margin.

Offsideagain

Brighton is always a tough game. They run like hell and are in your face plus they have a manager that drills them to defend. If all the players return without injury and Ole picks the strongest team, we should win. Trouble is, you never know what you are getting these days from United.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    fair do’s. It’s not uncommon though for ‘lesser’ teams to come to old Trafford and change their tactics. More so knowing that we struggle to break teams down.

that said I hold my hands up to not watching much (any) Brighton games except early in the season when they dominated us.

I still do expect them to set up and take a more defensive approach. And similarly expect us to struggle breaking them down.

jumping to the low block assumption perhaps unfair. My main issue is to be playing more gifted players in the middle and give them more cause for concern.
    It’s not because they change tactic but because we force some of those teams not be able to take control of the game. It’s like united vs Barcelona in final 2011, SAF didn’t come into that game to be defensive but Barcelona forced us not be able to take control of the game.

Gordon S

They play attacking football with lots of players pushed forward, however with very poor end product. Could make the game very open and suit our style really well.
    Diallo should be able to turn Burns inside out:drool:

Sparky Rhiwabon

They play attacking football with lots of players pushed forward, however with very poor end product. Could make the game very open and suit our style really well.
    Diallo should be able to turn Burns inside out:drool:
    Looking forward to injury time now.

TheReligion

Abusive
    Brighton genuinely play better football than us, which is weird to say. However, we have better players.

Henderson
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    McT Pogba
    Greenwood Bruno Rashford
    Cavani

3-1 United
    How have we conned the league for a whole season in getting second place whilst the superior football playing team battle relegation.

Ole witchcraft!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Mason Greenwood image Mason Greenwood 39% of 262 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 253 ratings.