Not open for further replies.

Falcow

Our passing has been quite crap.
    Pass Success for the first half from:
    Cavani: 67%
    Greenwood: 76%
    Pogba: 77%
    Bruno: 84%

And so many errors on the goal conceded, no coordination attacking space.
    Very very poor first half.
    There is no way cavani has made 2 out of three passes, he has given it away almost every time. His build up play is lukakuesque

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Cavani’s been coasting through that game. Proper Casper half

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
    I don't see us scoring, Rashford and Cavani look well off it. Brighton are good as I expected.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
    Random but I'd never buy an English goalkeeper.

None of our top sides have had one (Dane, Dutch, Spanish) nor has any of the top ten keepers in the world been an Englishman since perhaps Seaman or that one good season Hart had.

Henderson screams Pickford vibes to me.

sparx99

That’s the problem, he most certainly doesn’t have everything to be brilliant. That’s looking through tinted glasses.
    He has a great shot, pace, and good dribbling. Misses the odd chance but so has every forward ever. Isn’t he on of the fastest to 100 goals or something. Takes a decent free kick and got great nerve (PSG late goal/pen). Still only 23. Mane and Salah were failing at Chelsea or playing for Southampton at a similar age.

Now that’s not to say he hasn’t been crap for about a year now. We just seem to have 4 forwards who don’t really work together.

How would Rashford create a chance for Cavani? The occasional cut back onto his right foot for a back post cross maybe? Fairly rare type of assist though. We need Greenwood and Rashford to be getting to the byline and creating cut backs or square passes across the box to find Cavani with his good movement or Bruno arriving.

Judas

Open to offers
    Plenty of our players are playing shite, but there's just something wrong with how we operate. It just doesn't feel right that we watch this "team" play like this far too often.

manichester

Brighton never won at O.T. another record about to be broken. We cannot pass quickly and there is no movement off the ball to move opponents around, Not one player can hold there head up at half time.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
    Our play is just shit. We keep slowing it down for Brighton to get back. Then our fullbacks keep passing it backward to our centre backs who pass it among themselves. When it reached our forwards they usually feck it up with some lazy touch or brainless decision. I mean no words to describe this team. They really get my blood boiling.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
    By this time next week we could be in a scrap to make the top four. And halfway out of the EL.

OmarUnited4ever

I’m not stressed I just seem to remember you predicted us to win 4-0 as I thought at the time it seemed mental, now you say we have shit players. Bit weird to be honest.

Damn I also predicted 4-0

We have almost full strength team and yet I can't explain why we are so crap

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    That’s what City have done to support Pep.
    The reason they don’t concede is because they keep the ball. It’s nothing to do with the defensive personnel. If City & United swapped back 4’s we’d still concede tons & they would keep clean sheets, because they have a coach with a clear system in place & they keep the ball. We can barely string 2 passes together.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
    Pathetic, again. Almost getting on the Ole out wagon but Glazers is the main issue here. No manager is getting fully backed, so it's all moot complaining. We have clear holes in our squad. Bang average. We might get Champions League but wont do shit in it
    You CANNOT blame the Glazers for the way this team are playing. Today, at Leicester, countless other matches.

Yes the team needs investment to challenge for the league but we are playing Brighton. At Old Trafford, and our players look like they have won a competition to play a match at old trafford.

Everything you see on that pitch is on coaching. Bad coaching. Most of the players are pretty good. They are not being used properly.

Giving Ole 300 million for new players wont change the fact he's presiding over a coaching shitshow

slored1

We look like 11 individuals who all won the chance to play a PL game through a Pringles-competition, but sure... you're right. It can still be turned around.
    It's football and stranger things have happened. Why not? I agree with you that we've not shown up, but there is some faith to be had, no?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Everyone is crap, Ole is crap, Woodward, Glazers etc, Fergie left Moyes a weak team, all is woe.

Am I doing it right?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Its every game with Fernandes even when hes in great form.
    I think of late he's been a bit more careless. I think it's when he's frustrated to be behind or drawing, and makes more forceful passes too frequently which doesn't do anyone any good.

R'hllor

Using fitness as excuse vs Brighton, that must be a default option, same thing happened after away game vs them

stu_1992

It's the hope that kills you. I was excited at the prospect of a comfortable game after seeing the lineup, and the start was decent to be fair. However as soon as they got that goal we went to absolute shite and we haven't looked anywhere close to getting back into the game since.

The goal was very poor to concede. Wan Bissaka cannot be letting Welbeck get to that ball there. Very disappointing. Seemed to knock the stuffing out of the team. We can't seem to make any passes in decisive areas and Henderson looks more nervy than usual too.

Giggsy’s left foot

always amazed how Ole manages to have his team look so shit against clubs at the bottom of the league. Anyone who wants a contract extension for this PE teacher is crazy. Another clueless performance against a team with a low block. He can’t suss it out. Every fecking time.

Cast5

Random but I'd never buy an English goalkeeper.

None of our top sides have had one (Dane, Dutch, Spanish) nor has any of the top ten keepers in the world been an Englishman since perhaps Seaman or that one good season Hart had.

Henderson screams Pickford vibes to me.
    This is Xenophobic, guessing you wouldn’t of bought Aubemeyang when he was younger because Gabon don’t produce good strikers?

Hoof the ball

Sigh.

Not all majority possession is good possession.

If:

1. The opposition are allowing you to have the ball and sitting deep, you are not dominating possession. You have it because they're comfortable you having it. You're not imposing your game on them. You're playing their game.

2. You have more statistical possession than the opposition, it's not proof that you're dominating the game. Side to side passing in your own half for significant portions of the game isn't effective, and it's misleading when you use possession stats to colour your argument.

They're using the ball well, with less possession, with better numerous chances and half-chances, with much higher quantity of corners.

Also, there was one moment where Rashford was 10 yards away from the Brighton defender with the loose ball and it was Cavani, a full 20 yards away who was running to press him. There's no excuse for that kind of lazy ass effort in pressing on Rashford's part. Ole should get into his ear about this kind of thing that happens every game.

sparx99

Cavani has been shocking. I’d have him off for probably VdB and push Pogba up the pitch.
    I’d rather VDB played higher cos he seems to naturally get into the box. Pogba has better long range passing whereas Van de Beek seems at his best in tight spaces.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
    I see a lot of blame on AWB for the goal, but Pogba's lack of concentration when playing so close to our box always bite us in the ass. Deja vu all over again. That pass was pathetic, and ref or no ref, it was gonna get intercepted.

Netween AWB and Lindelof, I think the blame should be shared.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
    When we try and create something we give the ball away. I posted that just after we gave the ball away sloppily. Just because we have more possession doesn’t mean we can’t be wasteful with the ball.
    You literally said we can't keep hold of the ball. That's very different to what you're now saying. Come on.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
    This is Xenophobic, guessing you wouldn’t of bought Aubemeyang when he was younger because Gabon don’t produce good strikers?
    Well he was really produced as a footballer in Gabon...

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
    He has a great shot, pace, and good dribbling. Misses the odd chance but so has every forward ever. Isn’t he on of the fastest to 100 goals or something. Takes a decent free kick and got great nerve (PSG late goal/pen). Still only 23. Mane and Salah were failing at Chelsea or playing for Southampton at a similar age.

Now that’s not to say he hasn’t been crap for about a year now. We just seem to have 4 forwards who don’t really work together.

How would Rashford create a chance for Cavani? The occasional cut back onto his right foot for a back post cross maybe? Fairly rare type of assist though. We need Greenwood and Rashford to be getting to the byline and creating cut backs or square passes across the box to find Cavani with his good movement or Bruno arriving.
    His free kicks are not that great. How can you say he has good dribbling? The physicality he does well, yet his stupidity on the ball completely negates his physical skill. His movement is non existent

As someone said, he is overrated.

jem

So is McTominay going to be the first substitution Ole makes? Wouldn’t be surprising.

RashyForPM

We were absolutely dominated in that first half. Disgusting performance so far. Few points I want to make:

1) How many goals will AWB cost us this season simply from crosses to the back post? So what if he can slide tackle? I sound like a broken record constantly banging his drum in many threads, but let’s get Trippier as a cheaper option. AWB is not good enough at both ends of the pitch.

2) We need a new CB. Lindelof has improved, but he’s not a title challenging defender.

3) Bruno hasn’t been good, but he’s trying. If we score, it’ll definitely involve another goal contribution by him. Or Pogba, who’s also trying.

4) Walcott on the left wing is irritating me running into alleys more clogged than his Twitter account with people telling him to focus on his football.

5) Never thought I’d say this, but Cavani has been an absolute embarrassment. I get that he isn’t match fit, but he playing like Solanke. A genuine 0/10 performance so far.

Need to step it up massively to a man, even including Dean who has flapped at a few corners.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    Sigh.

Not all majority possession is good possession.

If:

1. The opposition are allowing you to have the ball and sitting deep, you are not dominating possession. You have it because they're comfortable you having it. You're not imposing your game on them. You're playing their game.

2. You have more statistical possession than the opposition, it's not proof that you're dominating the game. Side to side passing in your own half for significant portions of the game isn't effective, and it's misleading when you use possession stats to colour your argument.

They're using the ball well, with less possession, with better numerous chances and half-chances, with much higher quantity of corners.
    I think us having more possession is a good thing to Ole and Co. That is the problem. As you say it is not great if the other team are just letting you have the ball because they know you are not a threat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Mason Greenwood image Mason Greenwood 39% of 262 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 253 ratings.

Score Predictions