Not open for further replies.

Renegade

DDG
    Dalot Maguire Martinez Shaw
    Fred
    Eriksen DVB
    Sancho Bruno Rashford

quirkey

You just know Sancho will start on the left with Elanga on the right, McFred in midfield. Meltdown on the caf

captaincantona

DDG
    Fred
    Eriksen DVB
    Sancho Bruno Rashford
    It’s got to be this with no Martial. Wouldn’t have Ronny near the pitch. Although I have to say I would have McT in instead of DVB who has been poison so far.

RedDevilUnited369

My instant reaction is Martial isn’t really injured and Ronaldo is just that powerful.

I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t start.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Ronaldo will probably play. Martial was the only chance at him staying on the bench. Martinez and Eriksen might well be fit, but I don't think Lindelof has shown any reason not to start, and given that we had a set partnership all pre season, would be weird to change it for the first time on the first game. Will be bedded in slowly IMO. Eriksen more of a chance of starting, but to me he looked short on fitness and that he'll be on the bench.
    De Gea
    Dalot Maguire Lindelof Malacia
    McTominay Fred
    Sancho Bruno Rashford
    Ronaldo​

Garnacho, Shaw, Eriksen, Martinez, Van de Beek to be the subs.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
    Donny's worse than hopeless in centre midfield
    He actually did have a few good performances there in the latter part of 20/21 and beginning of 21/22. Indeed it's the only time since he's been here that he's shown something about him and made me think he might turn it around. Of course he's struggled again since then...

He certainly won't be starting this game unless one of Fred or Scott are injured though.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
    Am I missing something or are we missing the 5 subs option?

DevTheRed

Bruno up top and Eriksen in the Bruno role is the only way I see us lining up. McFred in midfield.. what better way to start the season :drool:

the_cliff

De Gea
    Dalot Martinez Maguire Malacia
    Fred Mctominay
    Sancho Bruno Eriksen
    Rashford

Lewnited

Becomes a lot more difficult to predict a lineup with Martial being out. A lot of potential solutions but none that really stand out. I'd like to see...

De Gea

Malacia
    Martinez
    Maguire
    Dalot

Fred
    McTominay
    Bruno

Rashford
    Ronaldo
    Sancho

I'm not really not fond of that midfield three, but they're definitely the trio that we've seen provide the most intensity off the ball through pre season.

I'd argue some of the best offensive play we've seen over the last few weeks has stemmed from our off the ball work - compressing the pitch and winning the ball back quickly. If Ronaldo is to come back in to the team, I think this trio is best suited to make up for his lack of defensive work.

If Maguire continues as he has in pre season, his and Martinez's ability to progress the ball consistently will help alleviate concerns with that midfields ability to control the play.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
    Stevenage
    What do I want to see?

DDG
    Dalot Varane Martinez Malacia
    Zidane Fred
    Sancho Eriksen Garnacho
    Ronaldo

What's safer and more likely?

DDG
    Mctom Fred
    Sancho Bruno Rashford
    Ronaldo

the_cliff

Makes the most sense to be honest

Edit: swap the centre backs round though
    As long as Malacia/Shaw overlap and provide the width on Eriksens side. I'd say it's our best bet, don't believe Bruno can be a false 9.

You could also switch Sancho for Eriksen and have Sancho come off his preferred left wing.

Posh Red

As long as Malacia/Shaw overlap and provide the width on Eriksens side. I'd say it's our best bet, don't believe Bruno can be a false 9.

You could also switch Sancho for Eriksen and have Sancho come off his preferred left wing.
    Sancho looked very good on the right the last few weeks. I think it can work as you’ve laid it out in your initial post.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
    Having rashford upfront would be dreadful, he doesn't suit it at all.

Rojofiam

De Gea; Dalot, Maguire, Martínez, Shaw; McTominay, Fred; Elanga, Fernandes, Sancho; Rashford

2-0 United.

JustinC00

--------Rashford---------Sancho
    -----------------------Bruno
    ---------------Fred----------Eriksen
    ----------------------Garner
    Malacia-Martinez-Maguire-Dalot
    -------------------------DDG

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
    Stevenage
    Exciting AF, fearless, optimistic and definitely won't turn Trafford into library.
    I still feel like too many names are there for the sake of their names and not what they are doing right now, I don't care how much they cost, Garnacho needs to be rewarded for being best on the pitch when he played, Zidane for me showed more in CM during pre season than any other deeper mid. I know it's only midfield so let's see how they get on here, I don't see that their level is so low that we will stand out against Brighton for it but I trust the manager at this stage, if he picks a different team and gets the right result, he made the right choice.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
    Stevenage
    --------Rashford---------Sancho
    -----------------------Bruno
    ---------------Fred----------Eriksen
    ----------------------Garner
    Malacia-Martinez-Maguire-Dalot
    -------------------------DDG
    Clearly isn't about to completely change the same formation he has played every game so far?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
    I still feel like too many names are there for the sake of their names and not what they are doing right now, I don't care how much they cost, Garnacho needs to be rewarded for being best on the pitch when he played, Zidane for me showed more in CM during pre season than any other deeper mid. I know it's only midfield so let's see how they get on here, I don't see that their level is so low that we will stand out against Brighton for it but I trust the manager at this stage, if he picks a different team and gets the right result, he made the right choice.
    If Ten Hag wants to destroy ego culture, this is exactly one of ways doing it. Rewarding hard work and simply the players who act professional.

Garnacho had just one match chance and he immediately clicked with entire group on the pitch. During Ole era we gave some lads chances and they threw it away, match after match.

Redderp

De Gea
    Mctominay Fred Eriksen
    Sancho Rashford Fernandes
    I think this one too. I’m not completely sure on Martinez because it might be too early for him. New team, league, english not his first language, depends on how settled he is. Also not sure how fit both Shaw and Sancho is after their illness(?). Might be an early sub with Malacia so we have someone to bomb down the left flank.

We have only seen Eriksen play about 20 minutes with Bruno, but EtH moved Bruno out on the left and Eriksen into LCM in a deeper role. I thought those two and Malacia had a good connection in those 20 minutes.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
    Stevenage
    If Ten Hag wants to destroy ego culture, this is exactly one of ways doing it. Rewarding hard work and simply the players who act professional.

Garnacho had just one match chance and he immediately clicked with entire group on the pitch. During Ole era we gave some lads chances and they threw it away, match after match.
    Completely agree

caid

I dont know if i can watch this. I dont think i can deal with another 90 mins of this collection of players. I think i'm just out and done till we buy a midfielder.
    I'll check the line up i guess, maybe ten hag will do something that helps me buy in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 404.85714285714 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw