Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tinfish

Supports
    Arsenal
    You guys need an Arteta style process and phase out the old washed up players. A complete squad overhaul is needed.

jeepers

We're not even making top 4 with Dalot and McFred, forget about even more ambition.

Dalot is legit one of the worst RBs I've ever seen. Can't attack can't defend can't tackle can't man-mark
    Dalot is one of our better players this first half. But agreed on McFred, especially the first half of the partnership.

The Irish Connection

Expected us not to have it all our own way but this…
    shame on the glazers and on the fans who are so quick to make excuses for them.

Hope to Feck we can salvage something in the second half.

lex talionis

It really is all about our midfielders not being up to the job. Hopefully ten Hag will bench MCTominay at least, possibly Fred as well. Ronaldo on, bring Eriksen back. Donny for McTominay.

IhabX7

We have a few players that should be dropped immediately. McTominay, Shaw, Dalot and Maguire. Bruno and Fred are on a tightrope as well. We’ll see about Rashford.

Hopefully next match sees Varane or Bailly come in for Maguire. AWB and Malacia at full back positions. I wonder why VDB’s level has dropped below the likes of McTominay, but the latter must be replaced even if it’s Zidane Iqbal.

horrific start to the season but the game is not over yet. Ronaldo in at HT please.

Erics_Collar

Do not be surprised.

Look at our team. Genuinely look at it.

Don't look at them at their best. Look at them how they actually are, what they have genuinely shown you.

Don't look at De Gea making world class saves and fool you into thinking he's world class. Look at the remainder of his game and how it's lacking. Look at him booting the ball out for a throw in because he can't use his left foot.

Don't look at Luke Shaw's 4 or 5 game yearly purple patch, or his England EURO performances. Look at him as a full back who's top gear is "jog". Look at his positioning that has always been suspect.

Don't look at Harry Maguire from his Leicester days or the World Cup a few years. Look at him as the slow, cumbersome treebeard that he is.

Don't look at Martinez price tag, his exotic name, his hard man tattoos or his statistics in the supposedly professional farmer's league. Look at him getting some by Danny Welbeck twice within 5 seconds earlier on.

Don't look at Dalot being a bit more attacking than AWB. He is not a defender. He is barely a footballer.

Don't look at McTominay being an academy lad with an eye for goal and full of heart. Look at a player who can't control the football, who has reckless abandon and has always been a liability.

Don't look at Fred.

Don't look at Bruno and his insane goals and assists record when he first joined. That was decades ago. Look at him as the most wasteful footballer in the PL currently, who gives more balls away than the national lottery.

Eriksen nearly died, god bless him. What a remarkable comeback story.

Don't look at Sancho as our preseason wonder. Andreas Perreira made a living off of that. Look at Sancho as someone who has not justified his price tag in a meaningful game of football and remains a flop until he proves otherwise.

Don't look at Rashford as the golden child. Look at him as someone who thinks he can dribble last anyone, but who hasn't done it successfully for 17 years, and delays every attack with his selfish dallying on the ball.

Dont look at this team based on what you think they might be. Look at them as the shower of unfiltered shite they have proven themselves to be, over and over and over and over again.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Eriksen looks unfit, McTominay disaster, Shaw lazy, Dalot useless, wingers not getting involved at all. They're hammering us

Rajiztar

Supports
    Chelsea
    You mean Glazers ?
    It's ridiculous to watch manutd players struggle to keep the ball. You need four players minimum who is technically skillful on the ball to work teams around. I said this even four weeks ago.

You need to play eth way you should have technically sound players who can have close control of the ball.

Holters

Slow tempo, terrible accuracy, minimal press. Shocking first half.

Caicedo we were linked to is at least a level above Fred and McTominay

Josep Dowling

We're way too slow playing out from the back. DDG won't survive this kind of play. Looks so uncertain of himself. Gives me the jitters.

Would have started with Ganarcho and actually Malacia for Shaw.

2 nil down already. Mercy
    I’ve said many times that De Gea is a huge problem. Yes he can makes saves but he’s terrible with the ball at his feet. He dithers putting so much pressure on the defence. I would have replaced him in a heartbeat but we need so many players this summer it was never going to happen.

ten Hag can’t play his style with De Gea, Maguire and McFred. All of them are rubbish with the ball at their feet.

Vaibhav Raj

We have a really poor team. These guys shouldn’t be in our starting XI

Maguire
    Dalot
    Mctominay
    Fred
    Bruno
    Rashford

you can probably also throw Shaw and De Gea there
    De Gea should definitely go. He is too inefficient and cowardly when in possession.

Shaw might have a chance to redeem himself with Sancho playing ahead of him.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
    Scout
    Ten Hag looks lost already..
    He looks like a manager who doesn't want to show anything in public because he's about the scream at the players when they get to the dressing room.

That was disgusting. We have zero leaders on the pitch, we're taking too many touches, McTominay is pointless and needs replaced with someone who can actually play football, the rest of the team aren't any better. We're nervous and panicking on the ball against fecking Brighton.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
    Bohemians 1905
    I wonder what the real problem is? A lot of the players think they have shitload of time, always on the heals, this is not a problem with preseason tempo and PL tempo. We looked sharp and not this stupidly lazy and "comfortable" in possession. Is that some kind of lazyness or nervousness?

And let me tell you this what fraud Bruno Fernandes, he should be kicked out of the club for that miss alone. schhol boy mistake leaning back tryna hit the fecking sky or what?

spiriticon

When the pressure's on, this lot are the first to crack. Total melts.

Pre-season wonders. We're only good when the opposition is unfit.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
    All starts with the quality of the midfield for me.

I'm not particularly sure what Eriksen's role is, but one thing he looks particularly poor in is turning on the ball in possession. Fred has played like an absolute idiot, and can't handle slight pressure. McTominay has been terrible, one of the worst 45 mins I've seen from a United midfielder in my lifetime.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    I wonder what odds the bookies are offering on Potter as our next manager ha hahahaha

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
    Iqbal and Garner were better than McTominay in pre season
    Stick two unproven midfielders on for first game of the season. Brilliant thinking.

It’s easy to say this with hindsight after that half.

avgp_1

Bruno was equally terrible as Fred. McTominay was whole another level though

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 404.85714285714 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw