Smalling
Evra

Nani
Carrick
Anderson
Young

Rooney
Hernandez

SUBS: Lindegaard, Fabio, Fletcher, Valencia, Park, Giggs, Berbatov.

Tareq

Livvie's Favourite Jordanian.
i dont think that Carrick deserves to start after tonight's performance....

MUFCgal

----------------De Gea---------------
Jones---Ferdinand----Smalling-----Evra
Nani------Carrick-----Anderson---Young
----------Rooney----Chicharito--------

Subs: Lindegaard, Evans, Giggs, Fletcher, Park, Berbatov, Owen.

Gasolin

After Carrick's performance today, maybe it will be:

Nani-------Park-----Anderson---Young

Subs: Lindegaard, Evans, Giggs, Fletcher, Carrick, Berbatov, Owen.

Giggs not gonna be asked to play 2 games within the same week as a starter.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
I agree with that team selection Gas. Let's just play them off the park.

RonaldoVII

The only other option to Carrick is to play Jones there. That isn't realistic. We can't play two attack-minded midfielders in a 442 against Chelsea. They'll slice through us like others have this season but wouldn't be as easy to score against.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
This is what lots of Chelsea fans are calling for:

Cech

Luiz Ivanovic Terry Cole

Meireles Lampard Ramires

Sturridge Torres Mata

Luiz at right back would be a very big call though he'll end up out there eventually at some point, it would give him an opportunity to be a marauder, get down the flank and showboat. Personally I would employ him as a deep lying playmaker sitting in front of the defence, he is far too talented technically to be a centre half.

RonaldoVII

Cech

Luiz Ivanovic Terry Cole

Meireles Lampard Ramires

Sturridge Torres Mata

Luiz at right back would be a very big call though he'll end up out there eventually at some point, it would give him an opportunity to be a marauder, get down the flank and showboat. Personally I would employ him as a deep lying playmaker sitting in front of the defence, he is far too talented technically to be a centre half.
I'd love Young to go up against Luiz. Has Luiz ever played RB before? Also, what's the chance of Drogba being available? Torres doesn't look too bad but Drogba's strength can cause trouble. Mata and Sturridge are both looking sharp at the moment.

WireRed

Cech

Luiz Ivanovic Terry Cole

Meireles Lampard Ramires

Sturridge Torres Mata

That's a very attacking line-up if you go that way, it's the same midfield that made you look much improved at Sunderland but against us is a different matter, it's open as a barn door. With that and our form taken into account, I'd be surprised to see AVB not pick Mikel for this one, question is at the expense of who? Lampard looks below par, Meireles is just settling in, Ramires is probably the cert which is credit to his continuing progression and maturity. He has to go with Sturridge and Mata on the flanks on current form, with Anelka/Torres a toss up if Drogba is unfit.

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
That's a very attacking line-up if you go that way, it's the same midfield that made you look much improved at Sunderland but against us is a different matter, it's open as a barn door. With that and our form taken into account, I'd be surprised to see AVB not pick Mikel for this one, question is at the expense of who? Lampard looks below par, Meireles is just settling in, Ramires is probably the cert which is credit to his continuing progression and maturity. He has to go with Sturridge and Mata on the flanks on current form, with Anelka/Torres a toss up if Drogba is unfit.
I think by playing Mikel you solve one problem but you create a larger one in that you take creativity out of the team and you slow the tempo of the side down which is the most dangerous thing you can do against a flying Man United.

One way to compensate for that would be to put Malouda on the left flank and play Mata centrally in the No.10 role though that would require dropping Lampard so Mikel and Ramires can be industrious.

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
I'd love Young to go up against Luiz. Has Luiz ever played RB before? Also, what's the chance of Drogba being available? Torres doesn't look too bad but Drogba's strength can cause trouble. Mata and Sturridge are both looking sharp at the moment.
Luiz and Ivanovic have swapped around during games before, most at Chelsea have been underwhelmed by Bosingwa over the last year whilst Ivanovic has become core to the central defence. Playing Luiz out there would be a very big curveball but it would increase our attacking potency down that flank whilst any loss defensively would be negligible.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Team should be....

GK: De Gea

RB: Jones
CB: Ferdinand
CB: Evans
LB: Evra

RM: Nani
CM: Carrick
CM: Giggs
LM: Young

CF: Rooney
CF: Hernandez

Subs: Lindegaard, Smalling, Fabio, Anderson, Park, Valencia, Berbatov

No idea of the result, reckon Chicharito to score though

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Cech

Luiz Ivanovic Terry Cole

Meireles Lampard Ramires

Sturridge Torres Mata

I dont think there's such thing as being technically too good to play centre half. There are teams throughout Europe now that are producing these good footballing defenders and it's looking like that will be a new phase in the development of the game.

It's also worth pointing out that being 'too good' to play in defence doesn't necessarily mean that a player will be a success elsewhere. Ferdinand is a good example of this. I think we should enjoy having these players in defence instead of trying to shoehorn them into a different position.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Can't come soon enough.

De Gea
Jones Ferdinand Smalling Evra
Nani Carrick Anderson Young
Rooney Hernandez​
de Gea

Jones
Ferdinand
Smalling

Evra

Nani
Carrick
Anderson
Young

Rooney
Hernandez

SUBS: Lindegaard, Fabio, Fletcher, Valencia, Park, Giggs, Berbatov.
Nani------Carrick-----Anderson---Young

Subs: Lindegaard, Evans, Giggs, Fletcher, Park, Berbatov, Owen.
After Carrick's performance today, maybe it will be:

Nani-------Park-----Anderson---Young

Subs: Lindegaard, Evans, Giggs, Fletcher, Carrick, Berbatov, Owen.

Giggs not gonna be asked to play 2 games within the same week as a starter.
I notice a lot of you going with this centre back pairing, but i can barely remember these 2 playing together in the centre. Both very much favour playing on the right side of centre defence don't they.

I'm pretty sure that it'll be Jones that misses out despite also not starting tonight. It might be seen as still a bit early in his Utd career to be thrown into a game of this magnitude so i think we'll opt for experience at the back instead.

DDG

Smalling
Ferdinand
Evans
Evra

Nani
Carrick
Anderson
Young

Rooney
Hernandez

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
I notice a lot of you going with this centre back pairing, but i can barely remember these 2 playing together in the centre. Both very much favour playing on the right side of centre defence don't they.
30 minutes at Reebok Stadium?

Varun

Staff
De Gea
Smalling Ferdinand Jones Evra
Nani Carrick Anderson Young
Rooney Hernandez​
[/QUOTE]

I can see us winning. 2-1.

Tribec

Phil Dowd has been appointed as the ref for this encounter.. I can't recall him having this fixture before. At least it isn't Webb or Atkinson taking charge, which we've had for god knows how long now.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
What's the point of most people posting the same line up with some interchanging Jones/Smalling?

'This' would have saved a lot of time and avoided looking through at least 7 different lineups which are all the same...

C'mon guys get with it....

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Smalling---Ferdinand----Evans-----Evra
Nani-------Carrick-----Anderson---Young
----------Rooney----Hernandez--------

3-1. Hernandez; Rooney, Rooney.

Skywarden

Valencia or Nani on the right? I'm not sure here. Valencia has just recovered from his injury but he looked sharp last night and he could easily get into Cole's head.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I actually think Jones makes a better full back than Smalling but for this I'd rather Jones partnered Rio in the middle.

Smalling and Ferdinand are too similar IMO.

Man-United

Both very much favour playing on the right side of centre defence don't they.
Smalling and Ferdinand are too similar IMO.
Agree. The only time I recall them playing together was against Rangers last season where Rio had to play in a unfamiliar left centre back role. Both seem to perfer the right side, Evans the left, Vidic both but played mostly on the left because of Rio. I've seen Jones handle both great.
It's more important than some people seem to think.

Smalling - Rio - Jones - Evra

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I would think it's a very good bet that Chicharito would score. Though the odds I see for these things are always terrible.

..............De Gea
Smalling Rio, Rio Jones Evra
........Anderson Giggs
.......Nani Rooney Young
............Chicharito

Evans doesn't deserve to be dropped, mind, and I think SAF will start him.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
The last time.

They played some games last season... short memory?
I said they rarely seem to play together at centre half, and you replied '30 minutes against Bolton' which seemed to back up what i was saying. So not sure what you're point is, are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

edit: and now you're deleting your posts it seems.