Sat, 24 October 2020 @ 5:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
    I really don't know how this will go. Both teams can be impressive or shocking. I feel if we turn up we'll even if Chelsea do too.

I'll go for a draw.

Reddevildans

Really dont know how this will pan out. When I think of the spurs performance I have no hope. When I think of the PSG performance i have hope. What I am certain of is that if we start with pogba in the middle of a 4231 then we will lose. We need two of Fred/mctominay/matic to start in front of the back 4.

A-man

10:14
    Solskjaer on Tuanzebe
    When you read this it seems like Ole considers playing him in many positions.
    I kind of hope he will let him rest and recover for Chelsea but hope he will play against Leipzig.
    I really don't see the need to go back to the 4231. The PSG game showed that 352 makes us more solid and also no worse offensively. We gave PSG just as many problems as they gave us, probably more.

If it's not broken don't fix it. 352 all the way but with a good amount of freedom for certain players to roam around I'd say. Bruno for example.
    It was 3-5-2 against PSG but to me it felt like we found a great balance. AWB is great at defending 1v1 and it was needed because Neymar and Mbappe took turns playing that side, plus all Kurzawa’s runs. They had difficulties with AWB and if they passed him he got help from Axel, and he could also assist Axel when he had difficulties. On the other side PSG were not as strong and we played Shaw and Telles. They are weaker than AWB/Axel defensively, but better offensively. It fit well against PSG.
    That said, I would also like to see 3-5-2 because we have had some instabilities in the defence lately. We need to put in some good defensive performances to get back on track.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    1-2 players (Martial or even Greenwood) missing shouldn't be a problem. We have beat them before when those two were unavailable. We have enough quality players to win this match & the momentum is on us at the moment while they drew twice in their last two games. Let's be more confident!

-Supreme-

——————De Gea
    AWB--Tuanzebe--Lindelof--Telles
    —————Fred——McT
    —Greenwood—Bruno--Pogba
    —————Rashford

I would like to see Pogba in this attacking role, with Telles providing the width and Fred and McT for their defensive work.

I’d have Mata In place of Greenwood if he’s still out

Matriac

I agree with you on needing a player maker, my worry is that Matic and Pogba will be overran and we will lose our shape. For such games we will need to match Chelsea’s energy and out perform them.

The idea of keeping the game close and then bringing Pogba + Cavani later on the match tilts the game to our favor.
    While I don't fear chelski, especially now that they are still struggling to gel as a team, I don't wanna give them the chance to take the lead to have us chase them most of the game. They do have those players who can individually create something without tactics. :angel:
    I'd prefer to go on the attack from the first minute in this game, especially at home.

Matic isn't as slow as everyone tries to claim, and he seems to thrive in the bigger games. But that's also why I was uncertain about him or McT next to Pogba.

Was thinking Cavani later as well, if he doesn't start ahead of Greenwood.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
    I think this is similar to the PSG game in that Chelsea rely on a good front line but are rather unremarkable in midfield and defense. Unlike PSG they play with a front four rather than 3, all the more reason we should play 3 CB and try control the midfield.

If all are fit I'd go for the same line up that played in Paris in a 5-3-2 or 3-4-1-2. Maybe bring in Cavani or Greenwood for Martial and Maguire for Shaw if they are not fit.

DdG
    Tuanzebe Lindelof Shaw
    AWB McT Fred Telles
    Bruno
    Cavani Rashford​

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
    It would be mad to have other than 3-5-2 formation. Have VDB to replace Martial.

manutdrphenomenal

If we can defend as well as we did vs PSG then we have brilliant chance to win comfortably because their defence is poor. Ours hasn’t been amazing but PSG game gives me hope that we can find good balance in team to defend well. Plus with our good counter attacking credentials. Overall, i would like us to go in with focus on defensive solidity because we have conceded early goals multiple times this season.

Gator Nate

It's funny, while I've been a fan of the 3-5-2 formation (it appeals to the coach in me), it's been widely panned here until now. I'm glad to see the support, but I'd say it's about 50/50 that Ole will go with it this weekend.

jamesjimmybyrondean

We should bin the 4-2-3-1 for now. It has a lot of weaknesses. Even Rashford for some reason decided to turn into a left sided playmaker which he was very ineffective in. He's looked way more dangerous playing as that striker with freedom to roam wide. He and Greenwood needs to start as the two strikers in front against Chelsea

Cloud7

Hope we get to see some Cavani. He's going to end up being a significant player in our season.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
    If Greenwood is available then he should play in a 352 with Rashford.

Bring Cavani on as a sub.

Even though Chelsea dont seem fully linked as a team - they have good individual players in multiple positions which require us to defend as a unit.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
    What I am certain of is that if we start with pogba in the middle of a 4231 then we will lose.
    This is the truth, always. Too easy to box him in and get the turnover. Surely that’s obvious to everyone?

PitTon

The defensive support from endless chasing, the mobility and physical capabilities from Fred and Tommy is so important, especially with Bruno playing so high up the pitch ready for those breakaways. I'm sure things will become so obviously clear when we are playing without them. Matic can play but has to be as a DM with two other players as CMs, not 1 CM and 1 AM to help out with defending the wings.

Anyone know if Chelsea have played with the back 5 this season?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
    Just want to see Telles crossing to Cavani for a headed goal.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
    If we play McFred i think we will win the midfield battle and make plenty of chances. I hope we don’t start with matic. He slows us down too much. I wish we had upgraded in his position this summer instead of reinvesting...

This game could be anything. 3- 1 United. Keep the good feeling going!

Devil may care

If Hazza Mags is fit he'll definitely start so it'll be interesting to see if Axel gets the nod over Lindelof to partner him.

MikeKing

Supports
    Bournemouth
    Henderson
    AWB-Tuanzebe-Maguire-Telles
    -----------MacFredinaytor----------
    ------Bruno------------------VdB--------
    ----Greenwood----Rashford-------​

croadyman

Looking at the squad arriving at hotel would say that the four not making the squad will be Bishop, TFM, Ighalo & Mata/James

Withnail

Henderson
    AWB-Tuanzebe-Maguire-Telles
    -----------MacFredinaytor----------
    ------Bruno------------------VdB--------
    ----Greenwood----Rashford-------​
    Henderson will not start and I'm not sure Tuanzebe will be thrown straight into the starting line up a few days after his first game in 10 months.

We'll surely have to mix up the midfield combination as well. We can't keep playing Fred and McT every single game or we'll risk burning them out.

I think he'll bring Pogba back in for this one.

Dembeza

While I don't fear chelski, especially now that they are still struggling to gel as a team, I don't wanna give them the chance to take the lead to have us chase them most of the game. They do have those players who can individually create something without tactics. :angel:
    I'd prefer to go on the attack from the first minute in this game, especially at home.

Matic isn't as slow as everyone tries to claim, and he seems to thrive in the bigger games. But that's also why I was uncertain about him or McT next to Pogba.

Was thinking Cavani later as well, if he doesn't start ahead of Greenwood.
    I also don’t fear Chelsea but I respect them, if we leave ourselves exposed then they can hurt us. They have attackers to do exactly that.

I wasn’t saying Matic is slow, him and Pogba don’t work hard enough and we will lose that Midfield battle hence why we need to match their energy and work rate. Who ever wins the Mildfield battle wins this game.

I’d play something like this:

-Rash

Pogba - Bruno - Greenwood

-McT -Fred

Telles - Maguire - Lindelof - AWB

-De Gea

1. This way we will keep the energy in Midfield
    2. Pogba is far away from our box and his defense inabilities will not be exposed
    3. Maguire starts because we can’t risk Tuanzebe after the long lay-off.
    4. Telles adds a bit more attacking option and he can pick up Pogba and Maguire in corners.
    5. Or we can just play the same team we played against PSG with Maguire coming in for Tuanzebe and Greenwood for Martial.

PitTon

I like what I have seen from Telles but to have him as a left back atm is a very risky and costly mistake. Unless we run out of options.

gajender

I like what I have seen from Telles but to have him as a left back atm is a very risky and costly mistake. Unless we run out of options.
    And why exactly is that he has been playing regularly for Porto prior to his move here so fitness and match sharpness can't be the issue and he has played left back for most of his career so why suddenly it would be a problem for him . It's about time United start thinking like big club again and start imposing it's game plan against opposition rather than always worrying about them.

PitTon

And why exactly is that he has been playing regularly for Porto prior to his move here so fitness and match sharpness can't be the issue and he has played left back for most of his career so why suddenly it would be a problem for him . It's about time United start thinking like big club again and start imposing it's game plan against opposition rather than always worrying about them.
    He is fine fitness and match sharpness wise and I don't mind if he starts. But as I said, atm if Shaw is fit then it is not a wise decision to start him just because of his contributions to attack and dangerous set pieces.

My point is that firstly Ole gonna play him as much as possible in a system that help him to maximize his strengths while understanding his team mates (like PSG match), then introduce him to the more physical sides of game in a PL games (as LB against cup teams or LWB against better sides when using 5 at the back). And if he plays as LB, a hard working combo midfielders as Tommy is needed to cover and support him just like the way Tottenham have their three hard working and full of power midfielders.

Playing in new league, especially PL may require more time for players to adapt. Not to mention it's Chelsea who we play against. Big game for him to start.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
    He is fine fitness and match sharpness wise and I don't mind if he starts. But as I said, atm if Shaw is fit then it is not a wise decision to start him just because of his contributions to attack and dangerous set pieces.

My point is that firstly Ole gonna play him as much as possible in a system that help him to maximize his strengths while understanding his team mates (like PSG match), then introduce him to the more physical sides of game in a PL games (as LB against cup teams or LWB against better sides when using 5 at the back). And if he plays as LB, a hard working combo midfielders as Tommy is needed to cover and support him just like the way Tottenham have their three hard working and full of power midfielders.

Playing in new league, especially PL may require more time for players to adapt. Not to mention it's Chelsea who we play against. Big game for him to start.
    Agreed. Will go with Shaw as well.

prateik

Chelsea cant defend but their forward line looks good on paper..

Deery

Dreary
    Not as excited for this match as I think I should be, but if we put pace up front we will surely beat Chelsea if we can keep it tight at the back.

Deery

Dreary
    DeGea

Wan Bissaka Tuanzebe Lindelof Telles

Fred NcTominay

James———- Bruno ————Pogba

Rashford​

I’d like to see something like that plenty of pace to get at them on the counter..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 286 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw