Sat, 24 October 2020 @ 5:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    Should be the same team bar Greenwood/Cavani/Pogba or VDB for Martial.
    Axel needs to be monitored carefully though. Ole stated that the injuries came from overplaying. If he's come through the PSG ok then play him. We have Leipzig in mid week too. He shouldn't be playing both this early

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    2 very unpredictable teams who can smash or be smashed on any given day, neither team can defend..

It’s gonna be 0-0 init :lol:

DDG
    AWB Lindelof Tuanzebe Telles
    McTominay Fred
    Mata Pogba Bruno
    Rashford​

Mata, Bruno, Pogba & Rashford all interchanging. We don’t have any wingers & Bruno looked very good on the the left at Newcastle & Pogba was coming from the left against PSG. Mobility in the middle with Fred & McT crucial.

Last edited:

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
    I hope this place doesn't erupt if or when Tuanzebe doesn't start. He's most likely going to need a rest.

TheLord

2 very unpredictable teams who can smash or be smashed on any given day, neither team can defend..

It’s gonna be 0-0 init :lol:

DDG
    Tuanzebe Lindelof Shaw
    Wan-Bissaka Fred Telles
    Bruno Pogba
    Greenwood Rashford​
    Inconsistent is probably the better word.

Anyway, this is an important match for both sides, especially for the managers. An easy victory in this huge fixture will automatically lessen the pressure off the manager considerably for a few weeks.

TheLord

A victory here and I will be happy to give Ole this full season unless there’s a cataclysmic meltdown down the road.

SSSSnake

Be cool Ole, just be cool.

Put the 11 who's mind is in the game.
    We need sharpness.

That rules out Pogba, Matić, Maguire.
    this. No time for sentiment. We need the 11 that will be in form, sharp and focused. I would want the same starting eleven. They all played their socks off.

ForeverRed1

Nervous for this one. They beat us last time we played and I think this will be touch and go. Could go either way.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
    I swear to god ole better show some balls amd play the same team but cavani over martial.

No need to change anything.

Gerald G

De Gea
    AWB--Lindelof--Maguire--Shaw
    McTominay--Fred
    Bruno--Pogba--Rashford
    Greenwood

or

Matic
    Fred--Pogba
    Bruno
    Greenwood--Rashford

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
    Look at the amount of different team selections on here. It does show you how many different options we've got now, I mean viable options. 12 months ago, we'd all have been naming the same team. This is a good thing.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Look at the amount of different team selections on here. It does show you how many different options we've got now, I mean viable options. 12 months ago, we'd all have been naming the same team. This is a good thing.
    Yet there were people calling our transfer window bad

RedIan

I don’t see Cavani starting, maybe a cameo off the bench... Hes not played in a long time and doesn’t have youth on his side like axel

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
    Ah, forgivable. We were all a bit worked up over Sancho. Besides, it's not just that, it's the reemergence of Mata as a real contributor, Axel reappearing from the mist, the effectiveness of Shaw in a 3, how comfortable Lindelof looked beside Axel, Fred and McTom being back to their imperious best, lots of stuff opening different doors.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    Ah, forgivable. We were all a bit worked up over Sancho. Besides, it's not just that, it's the reemergence of Mata as a real contributor, Axel reappearing from the mist, the effectiveness of Shaw in a 3, how comfortable Lindelof looked beside Axel, Fred and McTom being back to their imperious best, lots of stuff opening different doors.
    For sure, it shows that I guess we need to trust the club knows what it’s doing sometimes?

I was one of those gutted about Sancho, loved the thought of him with the other two forwards, but if the 3 we got plus Pelestri and Traore come good then it’s an excellent window.

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
    I swear to god ole better show some balls amd play the same team but cavani over martial.

No need to change anything.
    I highly doubt Cavani will start after not playing for so long. He'll probably come off the bench for the last 15 minutes or so, and then slowly build him up for the next few weeks before he's ready to start.

hubbuh

Absolutely. Pretty much all of those players there have at one point or another been written off just within the past year. It goes to show that their abilities to contribute shouldn't be in doubt, but it's crucial they get a bit of consistency.

Very, very excited for today. Come on UNITED!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    It's not proven to be great yet has it?! Two wingers and Cavani who haven't even played yet.
    Van beek can barely get ten mins even with Pogba out.
    Moderately promising from telles so far.
    But we can't say it's been poor or great yet.

Hoof the ball

Lampard is too naive to not attack us, and as we know, big teams that attack us play into our strength on the counter. If Chelsea were smart then they'd play deep with a low-block and they'd sit back, soak up and counter us. They've got a 50% greater chance of beating us this way. Guaranteed. But like I said, Frank is naive and I have the impression that he's going to play into our hands.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    Axel needs to be monitored carefully though. Ole stated that the injuries came from overplaying. If he's come through the PSG ok then play him. We have Leipzig in mid week too. He shouldn't be playing both this early
    Yep he most likely got through PSG on pure adrenaline

It's the same a Bailly, played a blunder against Brighton reserves and everyone wanted him in for the next league game and look how that ended up

I'd revert to Lindelof and Maguire and put Tuanzebe in again in the UCL personally

jamesjimmybyrondean

It's not proven to be great yet has it?! Two wingers and Cavani who haven't even played yet.
    Van beek can barely get ten mins even with Pogba out.
    Moderately promising from telles so far.
    But we can't say it's been poor or great yet.
    I never said It was great. It's not great but it's definitely not as bad as people made it look

Leonzo1

Finally our bench is shaping up nicely!
    If I had to guess it will be something like this: Henderson, Axel, Shaw, Mctominay, Mata, Pogba, Cavani. Not half bad.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Yep he most likely got through PSG on pure adrenaline

It's the same a Bailly, played a blunder against Brighton reserves and everyone wanted him in for the next league game and look how that ended up

I'd revert to Lindelof and Maguire and put Tuanzebe in again in the UCL personally
    Yep That's typical Bailly though I don't think that's a game to judge him with because the whole back line easily had their worst game and very disorganised

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
    I highly doubt Cavani will start after not playing for so long. He'll probably come off the bench for the last 15 minutes or so, and then slowly build him up for the next few weeks before he's ready to start.

I'd rather it be the other way round start cavani and bring on martial or Mason for last 20.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
    I just can’t get my head around those selections on here that include Maguire and / or Pogba. Have you learnt nothing?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 286 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw