Kick-off
Thu, 25 May 2023 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Todd

Haven't seen Chelsea in action in a while before today...man, they're just dreadful. They should've had 3 goals already. Realize they've got an injury crisis, but still.

Really want to see us pour it on now. We've yet to score 4 goals in the league, what better time than today?

Bestofthebest

Chelsea have had far too many chances but for some reason they have failed to score whereas we have struggled to make chances but have scored two. Hope we wake up in second half or this could be a farcical end to the game.

DanielofLeyland

Thank God we got that second goal. Chelsea slicing through us at times. Lucky that they have been so profligate in front of goal. Hopefully we can get a third goal early to kill it as a contest.

stu_1992

The job is getting done, it if we're honest it was less than convincing. Giving up too much at thr back. Too many bad touches and passes in and around the box for us too. But I'll take it, it's all about getting top 4 done.

Huge shame about Antony though. Didn't look good for him at all, although I'm not quite sure what happened exactly. That seemed to affect our performance too.

Sylar

Quite interesting that we played so poorly yet hold a fully deserved 2-0 lead.

Was De Gea bothered even once? I don't think so.
    Tbh we do deserve the lead because we've scored and Chelsea can't even hit the target

They've had three great chances and haven't tested ddg at all

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    Yeah can see why we need Declan Rice in midfield. Be good in there with casmeiro. Unfortunately Eriksen legs are gone.
    Feel like he’d get exposed against the better sides in the CL. Just not technical enough.

TsuWave

amazing ball by Casemiro, but Sancho's run was great work, kept himself on side and then put it on a platter

Scottynaldinho

No patterns of play, no cohesion, but 2-0 up due to moments of brilliance from Eriksen and Casemiro. Ole?
    2nd goal was a great team goal. The run, control and pass from Sancho just as silky as the ball from Casemiro. Ridiculous not to give credit and call it a moment of brilliance.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
    Scout
    On a serious note, Sancho has consistently been better on the right. It makes no sense how he plays so differently from one wing to the other.

Rustyspider13

Crazy game. We've decided to gung-ho on the pressing no matter where the ball is and have left massive gaps every time the press is beaten. If that was the plan then we should've started Fred. Our midfield and defense don't have the recovery pace needed. It's a good thing Chelsea are utter shit at finishing whereas we're only slightly shit. I'd bring Fred on right now and tell Casemiro to stop sliding in when the ball is in our half.

Really sad for Antony. Our chances against City just went down further without his wrokrate. But that's for later, let's get this 45 mins done and secure a deserved CL spot.

Abraxas

It's not about what Chelsea deserve or don't deserve. You get what you deserve for the most part, you have to score as that's under a teams control.

But no need to be delusional and pretend we defended situations well. I'm pretty sure ETH is not that results orientated to be happy with what we allowed them to create.

jesperjaap

Chelsea knock the ball around well whilst being dreadful in the final third and not much better defensively.

We have been shoddy though, but who cares, CL qualification all that matters.

Anybod not thinking a new number 8 is a priority must be mad though. Matic had more in his legs than Eriksen and he was getting slated. I know he still has that pass and technique in him, but he looks near doe to me. Liability defensively, good players are strolling past him, his reactions are that bit too slow that he gets caught in possesion ad he cant go past anybody. Take Casemeiro out of the side and our midfield is bypassed so so easily.

Sod all this "we need a deep lying playmaker".....we seriously need a quality box to box midfielder....still wishing it was ENzo, as crap as Chelsea have been, you can see his quality

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    MEN…

De Gea

Faced chances but not had to make a save. 6

Wan-Bissaka

Eager but Lewis Hall has got in behind him too often. 6

Varane

Classy again. 7

Lindelof

Early slip but otherwise calm. 7

Shaw

Not at his usual level. 6

Casemiro

Fine goal and defence-splitting pass for the second. 8

Eriksen

Excellent cross for Casemiro. 7

Antony

Forced off injured. 6

Fernandes

Could have had a penalty. 6

Sancho

Not good enough again until he squared for Martial. 6

Martial

Same as Sancho until he converted a tap-in. 6
    Eriksen, 7?!

Someone

Something
    Our players probably thought if we open it up and both clubs go for it we'd have a better shot that this shite chelsea side, and they're probably right.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
    Scout
    Man Utd (1.17) 2-0 (1.52) Chelsea.

Neat.
    Yet again proving what utter bollocks xG is
    To be fair I think I'm finally starting to understand the importance of xG. We did indeed pull that second goal out of our arses. And the 1.52 for Chelsea represents the contact lens strength Murdyk probably needs, because the cnut must be fecking blind to miss as many tap ins as he has.

Glorio

Casemiro better going forward than defending (he's sliding constantly in an attempt to break up Chelsea attacks and making hem even more dangerous), furthers the argument against someone like Mount and for someone like Rabiot alongside him.
    Agree - it's a one man midfield at the minute in defence. If you look at the chances of Chelsea, in a loc of cases neither Bruno or Eriksen are anywhere near

I wouldn't mind Case, Fred, McTom against City, as this midfield against them, I can't bear to think about

PoTMS

Good assist but Sancho was otherwise average on the right wing. I guess it's better than being complete shite on the left.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    We're lucky to be winning this by two goals.
    Chelsea have opened our defence many a time.

BorisManUtd

On a serious note, Sancho has consistently been better on the right. It makes no sense how he plays so differently from one wing to the other.
    Agree. He looks more threatening on the right so will be interesting too see him more on that wing in 2nd half.

Steve Bruce

obviously i'm behind on the stream.
    a beautiful bit of a chip from Casemiro leading to a very simple decision for the assist.
    are you denying that overall throughout our season that we have not struggled in the final third for wasting real opportunities?
    No I'm not saying your wrong but it was more the timing of the comment which you've clarified as being behind on your stream.(it wasn't obvious to me as I'm also streaming but mine must be quite close to real time)

We're very far from the finished article and I'm looking forward until ETH has a normal pre season this year and a few new recruits and alot of our complaints hopefully addressed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Casemiro image Casemiro 84% of 259 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 238 ratings.

Score Predictions