Kick-off
Sun, 21 May 2017 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    VS

Date - Sunday, May 21 2017
    Kickoff Time - 1500 Hrs BST

Venue - Old Trafford, Manchester

League standings and form guide

6. Manchester United : DDLLD

13. Crystal Palace : WLLLW

Previous Meetings

Crystal Palace 1 : 2 Manchester United

Manchester United 2 : 0 Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace 0 : 0 Manchester United

Crystal Palace 1 : 2 Manchester United

Manchester United 1 : 0 Crystal Palace

All-Time Record

Manchester United wins - 32
    Crystal Palace wins - 7
    Draws - 10

Pre-Match Pressers

José Mourinho

Sam Allardyce

Team News

Manchester United

Luke Shaw (ankle ligament injury), Marcos Rojo (knee ligament injury), Ashley Young (hamstring injury), Chris Smalling and Zlatan Ibrahimović (knee ligament injury) ruled out. Marouane Fellaini (hamstring injury) doubtful. Paul Pogba and Timothy Fosu-Mensah available for selection.

Crystal Palace

Connor Wickham (ACL knee injury), Mamadou Sakho (knee injury), Andros Townsend (achilles injury) and Pape Souare (broken leg) ruled out. Scott Dann (knee injury), James Tomkins (ankle injury) and Yohan Kebab (foot injury) doubtful.

Know the opposition

Crystal Palace Football Club (nicknamed CPFC, The Glaziers and The Eagles) are a professional football club based in South Norwood, London. Crystal Palace were founded in 1905 at the site of the famous Crystal Palace Exhibition building by the owners of the FA Cup Final stadium, who wanted their own team to play at the historic venue. When Crystal Palace were founded, they turned to one of the biggest clubs in the country at the time, Aston Villa, to seek advice. Villa helped the club in a number of ways, not least by donating their kit. As a result, Palace's colors were originally claret and blue shirts paired with white shorts, socks tending to be claret. They kept to this formula fairly consistently until 1938.

The club initially played their home games at the FA Cup Final stadium which was situated inside the grounds of The Crystal Palace, but the First World War saw them forced to move out, and they enjoyed a number of seasons at both the Herne Hill Velodrome and The Nest. Although Crystal Palace have never won a major trophy, they have played in the First Division for the majority of their existence, finishing 3rd once, and losing the 1990 FA Cup Final to Manchester United. Crystal Palace play their homes games at Selhurst Park, and share sporting rivalries with South London neighbors Milwall, former tenants Charlton, and Brighton & Hove Albion.

Familiar Faces

Ezekiel Fryers (at United 2009-2012), Wilfried Zaha (2013-2015) and Fraizer Campbell (1998-2009)​

Referee

Anthony Taylor.​

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    Hopefully another not a bomb scare and the game gets called off and they just give both teams a point

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
    Scout
    So at least Josh Harrop and Matt Olosunde would be nice to be included in the lineup selection. @Niall Cheers!

el3mel

Hopefully Rooney can say farewell to the fans before leaving in summer,too.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
    Palace will basically be on holiday as well.

Play the kids. Let them play as well. Not just be on the pitch.

Jacko21

Oddly, I'm looking forward to this - providing the kids do indeed play.

Old Trafford will rally. It'll be fun.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
    Feel kind of sorry for people who have tickets. Its a dead rubber. Cheap tickets though I assume.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
    It's almost funny how f… competitive Mourinho is. He was saying he hopes Big Sam is a real friend and doesn't come with a too strong squad. He really hates losing, even if it's playing the youngsters on the verge of a European final. Could be tragic, if it wasn't so funny… and while he's successful, mind you.

JohnnyKills

The Beckham, Scholes generation got their first taste of a packed Old Trafford crowd against Crystal Palace, 25 years ago (OK it was a youth cup final rather than a league game but never mind).

Lets hope Sunday offers a similar experience for a new generation of top United youth players.

As you can see, I'm stretching a bit here.

dichinero

Excited for this. We might actually see attacking and exciting football!

Android1974

Will Rooney be offended if Mourinho starts him? :rolleyes: Or Carrick? Could be a dangerous exercise in man management this.

Al-T

From Man United. Com, Sunday, 16:50........'Reds league season ends in frustrating stalemate as late Zaha strike cancels out Rooney penalty. '

GrandJury

Rooney will play in his last game for United.
    A few youths will play.

Android1974

I would start with an historical central spine of Smalling–Carrick–Rooney, adding Bailly as center-back and Lingard perhaps, all the rest being youngsters. But, as I said before, might be delicate and sensed as disrespectful to those players, specially Carrick and Rooney, both expecting to have an eventual important contribution in the final.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
    Scout
    EARLY TEAM NEWS FOR CRYSTAL PALACE

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has guaranteed there will be some fresh faces in the line-up when the Reds take on Crystal Palace on Sunday, with Paul Pogba also set to return.

The boss name-checked several youngsters and confirmed Joel Pereira will make his Premier League debut in goal against Sam Allardyce's Eagles at Old Trafford. Demi Mitchell, Matty Willock, Josh Harrop and Zak Dearnley are also in line to make their senior bows at any level as none of them have even had a loan spell away from the club.

Pogba will get a run out in the final Premier League game of a demanding season after being granted compassionate leave due to the sad death of his father.

"Sunday will be a big day for the kids because lots of them are going to play," said the boss. "I hope the crowd enjoys that, in spite of it not being a big, strong Manchester United team.

"I hope to play Joel against Crystal Palace. He’s a very good goalkeeper so we’re in safe hands."

When asked about when David De Gea will next play, Mourinho replied: "I think in the first match against LA Galaxy in pre-season in Los Angeles [on 15 July]. David is the top [keeper] in the world and obviously we want to keep the top [goalie] in the world.

"I don't go with 'if he leaves' as I hope he doesn't leave. I think we need two top goalkeepers and a top young goalkeeper and this is what we have in this moment. David is David and Sergio is Sergio. Spain's national-team keeper and Argentina's national-team keeper.

"For me, it's amazing to have it. Everything went very smoothly during the season. Everyone was accepting my decisions and I'm really happy with both of them. I'm also very happy and, the next match, Joel is playing his first match in the Premier League. The kid also deserves this."

Mourinho went on to reveal virtually all of his squad news for the weekend during his press conference at St Mary's, after the draw with Southampton.

"I don't tell you," he initially insisted, but then added: "I will bring Mitchell, he was on the bench. [Scott] McTominay, he was on the bench. Of course, Axel [Tuanzebe]. Of course, Eric Bailly and [Matty] Willock will come too. Josh Harrop will come. Zachary [Dearnley] will come.

"Pogba will come because Paul is not training or playing since his dad passed away. I will put two or three of my boys rotating during the game, making some changes to save them, but I need to give a little structure of four or five of my boys to give some stability to the kids. I don't think, by themselves, they will be in [the right] conditions to play the game."

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Staff
    Is Angel Gomes fit? I'd love to see him get a game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 350 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw