Kick-off
Sun, 5 December 2021 @ 2:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    .................VS.......................

Date: Sunday, December 05 2021
    Kickoff Time: 1400 Hrs GMT
    Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester

League standings and form guide

7. Manchester United: WLLDW
    11. Crystal Palace: WWDLL

Previous Meetings

Crystal Palace 0—0 Manchester United

Manchester United 1—3 Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace 0—2 Manchester United

Manchester United 1—2 Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace 1—3 Manchester United

All-Time League Record

Manchester United wins: 30
    Crystal Palace wins: 8
    Draws: 10

Pre-Match Pressers

Ralf Rangnick

Patrick Vieira

Team News

Manchester United

Raphaël Varane, Paul Pogba and Edinson Cavani ruled out. Luke Shaw doubtful.

Crystal Palace

James McArthur, Nathan Ferguson and Joel Ward ruled out. Joachim Andersen doubtful.

Know the opposition

Crystal Palace Football Club (nicknamed CPFC, The Glaziers and The Eagles) are a professional football club based in South Norwood, London. Crystal Palace were founded in 1905 at the site of the famous Crystal Palace Exhibition building by the owners of the FA Cup Final stadium, who wanted their own team to play at the historic venue. When Crystal Palace were founded, they turned to one of the biggest clubs in the country at the time, Aston Villa, to seek advice. Villa helped the club in a number of ways, not least by donating their kit. As a result, Palace's colors were originally claret and blue shirts paired with white shorts, socks tending to be claret. They kept to this formula fairly consistently until 1938.

The club initially played their home games at the FA Cup Final stadium which was situated inside the grounds of The Crystal Palace, but the First World War saw them forced to move out, and they enjoyed a number of seasons at both the Herne Hill Velodrome and The Nest. Although Crystal Palace have never won a major trophy, they have played in the First Division for the majority of their existence, finishing 3rd once, and losing the 1990 FA Cup Final to Manchester United. Crystal Palace play their homes games at Selhurst Park, and share sporting rivalries with South London neighbors Milwall, former tenants Charlton, and Brighton & Hove Albion.

Familiar Faces

Wilfried Zaha (2013-15)

Referee

Craig Pawson.​

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
    Re Rea

Relles
    Raguire
    Rindelof
    Ran Bissaka

Ran de Reek
    Rfed
    Runo

Rancho
    Ravani
    Reenwood?

Ralfy's first real test

Last edited:

MonkeysMagic

The prematch press conference tomorrow will be interesting as will the formation.

Not enough time to do much with squad before Sunday but interesting to see what he changes.

Bwuk

De Gea
    Dalot - Lindelof - Maguire - Telles
    McTominay
    Donny - Fred
    Bruno
    Sancho - Ronaldo​

BorisManUtd

Our last win vs Palace at home was on 30th September 2017. 2 losses and a draw since then. And they've been good so far this season under Vieira, though they lost last few games. I'd be more than happy with 3 points.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    Just like their city rivals Le Arse, another mediocre bunch of game raising cnuts who have their annual cup final at Old Trafford. About time we put these pricks in their place.

Dve

I think he will put out the same team. And maybe he should. I want to see how the side backs fare with more game time. Then sub Diallo for Rashford and Greenwood for Ronaldo.

tomaldinho1

If Blue Moon put their brain cells together there'll be some good 'rags' puns coming given the manager's surname.

Dante

Average bang
    I'm confident of the new manager bounce for this game. Just a bit worried about Ronaldo, but we should have enough regardless.

The starting lineup will probably be the same as against Arsenal (though, again, maybe with Ronaldo starting on bench to save his legs). You rarely see radical changes in a coach's first game in charge. It'll take a few weeks before Rangnick will properly put his stamp on this team. So I'm expecting a performance that's roughly like under Ole on a good day.

Can't wait!

lenny_1248

De Gea, Dalot, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw (if fit), McT, Fred, Sancho, Bruno, Greenwood, Ronaldo.

4-1 win.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    While Dalot played well in this game, I don't fancy him up against Zaha personally.

Depends on AWB though of course, if he's still got a broken nail then Dalot might have to continue. He probably deserves it though if he's able to recover to play again.

Palace have been a real bogie side against us in the last few years. Their speed usually causes us all sorts of problems.

Think we should sit Rashford out of this one and give Greenwood a go on the right with Sancho left. We need Sanchos close control in tight areas, as palace won't give Rashford room to run into .

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    Changes needed for this game.

Probably the 3 subs will have to make an impact.

Worry about Zaha vs Dalot if Wan Bissaka is not there

------------------------------------------De Gea----------------------------------------
    Dalot-----------------------Lindelof---------Maguire---------------------Telles
    ----------------------------Mc Tominay-----Van de Beek----------------------
    Lingard-------------------------------Bruno--------------------------------Rashford
    -------------------------------------------Martial-------------------------------------------

Real Name

When was the last time there was nice big green circle in the upper right corner? :D

Hughes35

Personally I'd go strongest team for this and rest players if needed against Young Boys. We're qualified anyway and have some players that need game time / Ralf needs to asses. So the Prem games are more important.

Palace game

-----------------------------------------------De Gea------------------------------------------
    Dalot---------------------Lindelof-----------------Maguire--------------------Telles
    --------------------------------------Fred---------------Mctom-----------------------------
    Sancho----------------------------------Bruno---------------------------------Rashford
    ---------------------------------------------Ronaldo------------------------------------------

Young Boys game (Something like)

--------------------------------------------Henderson---------------------------------------
    AWB----------------------Bailly------------------------Maguire------------------------Telles/Shaw
    -----------------------------------Matic-----------------DVB----------------------------------
    Greenwood----------------------------Lingard-----------------------------------------Sancho
    -----------------------------------------------Martial------------------------------------------

Amad to hopefully get some minutes also.

Jonno

Clearly there will be no dramatic changes just yet, I expect him to pick a balanced team and test a system out with the form players.

TheReligion

Abusive
    Unsure why Cavani is listed as unavailable?

Carrick said he was back on the grass and training prior to the Arsenal game but not quite ready. Surely an option for Sunday? Anyone?

Fully expect Greenwood and Lingard to be involved.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
    Staff
    Don't expect a radical transformation. As Rangnick himself said, there's only one 'proper' training session before the Palace game. Today will be mostly players recovering from yesterday's game but he said he'll be talking to them about what he wants. Can't see there being a full transformation to pressing but we'll likely be more solid defensively.

Though there are games every three days from now until Brighton on the 18th, the game after this against Young Boys is a free hit so to speak so we'll probably see a fair bit of rotation against them with Ralf implementing his methods in training.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
    Don't expect a radical transformation. As Rangnick himself said, there's only one 'proper' training session before the Palace game. Today will be mostly players recovering from yesterday's game but he said he'll be talking to them about what he wants. Can't see there being a full transformation to pressing but we'll likely be more solid defensively.

Though there are games every three days from now until Brighton on the 18th, the game after this against Young Boys is a free hit so to speak so we'll probably see a fair bit of rotation against them with Ralf implementing his methods in training.
    Agreed. I don't think we'll be pressing force, but I think our defensive shape will be a bit better. My guess is that he'll have better individual instructions for each players, especially around our midfielders and their positioning.

Smores

I can't see Rashford starting this one, he'll have to prove himself through more effort. Rest of team will probably be unchanged.

Lemon Moon

I can't see Rashford starting this one, he'll have to prove himself through more effort. Rest of team will probably be unchanged.
    Completely agree, he could be so much more productive if he actually put effort in.
    He's very frustrating to watch sometimes.
    He shouldn't be playing on the RW though, he's even more ineffective down that side.

UTD_Since_1978

Just like their city rivals Le Arse, another mediocre bunch of game raising cnuts who have their annual cup final at Old Trafford. About time we put these pricks in their place.
    You forgot to diss their Arsenal legend Manager.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
    Completely agree, he could be so much more productive if he actually put effort in.
    He's very frustrating to watch sometimes.
    He shouldn't be playing on the RW though, he's even more ineffective down that side.
    That's a big risk to take. Why play him if you're not sure he's going to make an effort?

KingCavani

I don't expect many big changes. Ralf mentioned wanting to keep Carrick around to give him an idea of the current state of the squad so I doubt he's coming in to immediately overhaul the starting XI. His project will progress as he gets to see the players himself and I think any radical shifts in personnel will be down the road if they happen at all.

De Gea

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Fred Matic

Sancho Bruno Lingard

Ronaldo
    The full backs obviously depend on who's fit. I'd prefer we stick with Telles and Dalot but just don't see it happening. We seen with Maguire starting yesterday that reputation and status will take you far. Even under different management I expect the most established guys to play early on.

Another important game. I think his early focus will be on solidifying the side and trusting the attackers to make something happen. He mentioned the game yesterday being too open and that seems to be his biggest concern for now. It will take far longer to build that cohesion in attack.

2-0 win.

TheReligion

Abusive
    I don't expect many big changes. Ralf mentioned wanting to keep Carrick around to give him an idea of the current state of the squad so I doubt he's coming in to immediately overhaul the starting XI. His project will progress as he gets to see the players himself and I think any radical shifts in personnel will be down the road if they happen at all.

De Gea

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Fred Matic

Sancho Bruno Lingard

Ronaldo
    The full backs obviously depend on who's fit. I'd prefer we stick with Telles and Dalot but just don't see it happening. We seen with Maguire starting yesterday that reputation and status will take you far. Even under different management I expect the most established guys to play early on.

Another important game. I think his early focus will be on solidifying the side and trusting the attackers to make something happen. He mentioned the game yesterday being too open and that seems to be his biggest concern for now. It will take far longer to build that cohesion in attack.

2-0 win.
    Where's Edi

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
    I look forward to the hipster lineups being posted in this thread leading up to the game. Surely there will be at least 2 Mejbri debut lineups

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Fred image Fred 81% of 367 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 328 ratings.

Score Predictions