Kick-off
Sun, 5 December 2021 @ 2:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Superunknown

Completely bossed that. Keeping the clean sheet is great and Fred's goal was deserving of being the winner. What an effort. It's a step in the right direction, especially that first half.

MDFC Manager

I mean all the evidence over the last few years and today suggests we definitely don't have the players to break teams down. Not consistently anyway. We're not miles off though. Two ball playing midfielders would do the trick.
    Thought you meant forwards. I agree about a midfielder or 2.

edgecutter

Bruno, Ronaldo, mctominay, rashford and Maguire were poor today. Some of these lads need to have some time with the bench.

JPB

Dude as an Ajax fan i've watched every match he played for Ajax. He wasn't a 10. Ajax doesn't play with a 10. He was the most attacking 8. Not a 10.
    So he was the most attacking midfielder in a 3 man midfield and you want him to come on for Mctominay to play number 6?

James35

Result was the most important thing but I really hope in the next few weeks we start seeing the shit players being dropped. Want a manager with the balls to make the big calls and not just toe the line.

3 points was a must. Onto the next game.

tidraKS

Cristiano is not up to Ralf's level of intensity. He'll suffer.

I loved our defensive work today, best of the season imo. We let only 1 single chance the whole game.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
    Why are people upset with this performance? Thought they’ve done well, intensity wore off but that’s expected, players are knackered, fitness isn’t up to the standard that high press requires. It’ll come in time though
    Agree. Delighted myself. Same lineup = no room for "see it was my fav X not being played all along". Show of things to come (need patience), some players clearly showing their worth going forward. Fantastic.

Lest we forget, Palace have given us the run around a fair bit the last few seasons.

mancan92

I loved our defensive work today, best of the season imo. We let only 1 single chance the whole game.
    What are you on about? Ronaldo pressed the entire match. In the last minute there he was at left back defending.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

I think you have been swallowing the media narrative too much to be honest. Ronaldo did well today. Still sprinting at the end.

Bobski

Dude as an Ajax fan i've watched every match he played for Ajax. He wasn't a 10. Ajax doesn't play with a 10. He was the most attacking 8. Not a 10.
    With a false 9 in front of him in Tadic providing the creativity that he doesn't. Not an easy system to replicate, and there are better players to change the system for than Donny.

Decent player, not much more, out of the system that suits him best.

Toad

The intensity of some of the players was brilliant. Full credit to Fred in these last 4 games, he deserves a starting spot and will thrive under Rangnick. Full backs also looked a class above what we are used to.

Redlyn

Right, so Rangnick see's VDB as a 10, he see's Rashford, Mctomminay and Maguire as favourites when they are 3 of our worst players. All not particularly good signs.
    Give it time let him feel his way around the squad and his own preferences will emerge. For example he's not going to drop the captain on day 1 for Bailly who has never established himself here.

NoLogo

Good first half. Mediocre second half, we certainly seemed to run out of steam there towards the end. Great goal by Fred but all in all we can see the attacking movement isn't quite there yet, but honestly I wouldn't have expected everything to immediately get better after just one training session under Rangnick.

The Red Thinker

Fred was INCREDIBLE today. Mctominay was dogshite. Fred with solid tactics may be a high achiever under Rangnick. McT looked like he needed more coaching.

appleman

Supports
    Atletico Madrid
    Ajax played plenty games with a 10 under Ten Hag, there was a reason that the season after that example, where he practically a shadow striker, when he was later put back into the 6/8 positions that he was criticized for hanging up front too much. Positionwise he was very similar to Bruno.

However, movement wise there was a lot of difference, as he was a receiver of plays by Ziyech, Tadic, etc showing up in the penalty box, while Bruno is more of the passer/long shot taker himself. Positionwise I thought Donny would be a great stand-in, but them not getting Sancho at the time, and Pogba being injured all the time, Rashford forgetting how to aim for passes kinda took all that away last season and you missed Bruno's own playmaking on the field. They play the same position, but Donny has to be part of a machine, while Bruno is more of an engine. I wonder if that makes him favorable in RR's plan where everybody is part of the whole, while Bruno has edges of a Sneijder-type, which is either the hero or terrible.

Tarrou

just glad we got the result as could easily have lost that

encouraging signs in the first half but players looked shot in the second

rollingstoned1

He looked exhausted when he got on the ball he struggled from exhaustion at the end there.
    We won't get the best out of him In the areas where he's dangerous if at his age he is expected to press and run back. Let's see how that develops.

The Red Thinker

Look here guys… a new member! He doesn’t have a fecking clue what he’s talking about. Ronaldo was IMMENSE in the press.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
    Nah, he was well within his rights to take the shot there after doing well to get into that position. Neither Bruno nor Rashford were really open for the pass anyway imo.
    Bruno was as open as he's possible can, and in much greater position also.

No clip so far of the game. So maybe you're right, Pat.

Terranova

Supports
    United/Ajax
    So he was the most attacking midfielder in a 3 man midfield and you want him to come on for Mctominay to play number 6?
    Well his position at Ajax required him to attack and defend. So it's not like he can't do it. Besides he started out as a 6, but only moved a bit forward
    Ajax played plenty games with a 10 under Ten Hag, there was a reason that the season after that example, where he practically a shadow striker, when he was later put back into the 6/8 positions that he was criticized for hanging up front too much. Positionwise he was very similar to Bruno.

However, movement wise there was a lot of difference, as he was a receiver of plays by Ziyech, Tadic, etc showing up in the penalty box, while Bruno is more of the passer/long shot taker himself. Positionwise I thought Donny would be a great stand-in, but them not getting Sancho at the time, and Pogba being injured all the time, Rashford forgetting how to aim for passes kinda took all that away last season and you missed Bruno's own playmaking on the field. They play the same position, but Donny has to be part of a machine, while Bruno is more of an engine. I wonder if that makes him favorable in RR's plan where everybody is part of the whole, while Bruno has edges of a Sneijder-type, which is either the hero or terrible.
    Not really though. He's never ever been in the same position as Bruno. Maybe position on the pitch, but not the same position in the formation. So he should never come on for Bruno, because that wouldn't work here. Without Bruno there isn't any creativity left. So VDB would be set up to fail because it's not the same position he can play at. He played as an 8 at Ajax, but a bit more offensively than the other 8(De Jong). Which would translate more to a 6 here than a 10.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
    Bohemians 1905
    Positives:

• First half pressing and clear intent how we should play. If not for poor finishing we were in totall control of the game, stealing the ball in high areas, palying very far from our goal and creating chances after chances. Just need to upour game in the final third and finishing and all will be good.
    • Clean sheet - seems like the proactive approach playing with the ball on opponents half is paying off, except for 2 set pieces we were as solid as ever
    • Some good performances from questionable starting quality players like Lindelof and Dalot, they will benefit hugely from our proactive play and manager forcing them to play more aggressively
    • Ronaldo seemed to be on the boat and worked pretty hard
    Negatives:

• There are no negatives. We knew it will take time and spells like the opening 20 minutes in the second half can happen when the team is not used to it. FFS we were 16th in the league in that stat and that tells you about how much we underperformed

We may encounter some resilient teams playing out of their skin and poor finishing can let us down but finally we're down to a pragmatic style which will ultimately make us challenge again. People might think it's too soon to say anything but if you have seen how much our game can improve and get the real structure after a couple of trainings, everyone can be only positive in terms of future. Let's chase the top!

Ralph1386

So, Ralf has obviously thought it’s the best way to go. The playing style has been different.
    You will notice more of a difference when he gets his own assistants in, instead of having McKenna in his ear.

TheGame

And what is your opinion on the matter? Would you keep this coaching staff??
    Well if it was the case the coaching staff were getting their directions from then manager then they would be getting new instructions from Ralf so if is the case then yes I would keep them as they would be implementing his methods. It depends on how comfortable Ralf is in working with them. He seems pretty hands on when it comes to coaching so he would ensure coaching to a specific style.

Reddevildans

I hate it when he looks up twice before he realizes there's no pass on. If you don't see it right away just play the short pass and keep the ball moving.
    Correct. With the correct coaching I hope he learns. There's also those weak long crossfield balls that just dangle in the air and are easy to head away. He should he pinging it into the fullbacks while in thier stride.

UTD_Since_1978

I guess you could easily subscribe to something like DAZN and use a VPN too?
    Which is what I use but once upon a time (for 6 months) the 2 VPNs I used with it both didn't work, but for the past 6 months or so the VPN I use does work with it. Great thing about DAZN is if you are not able to watch the game when it is being played you can watch it in full anytime you want, which is good for me as I work on Saturday's so unable to watch the 12:30 or 3pm games live.

I don't understand why more people don't get satellite dishes that can point at European satellites. They're hardly expensive. As I keep saying Albanian TV shows all the United games in English in full HD if you have the right set top box to decode it. Better than scrabbling around for a dodgy river.
    That's all well & good but how do you bypass the need for subscriptions that need to be paid? Say, for example, you point it to get TV2 in Norway, I read it costs 399kr per month = £33 per month, if all someone had to do is get a motorised dish then no one in Norway would pay 399kr per month, so, I suspect, it may not be that easy to watch EPL games just by buying a motorised dish, unless someone can prove me wrong.

SirAF

Ageist
    Which is what I use but once upon a time (for 6 months) the 2 VPNs I used with it both didn't work, but for the past 6 months or so the VPN I use does work with it. Great thing about DAZN is if you are not able to watch the game when it is being played you can watch it in full anytime you want, which is good for me as I work on Saturday's so unable to watch the 12:30 or 3pm games live.

That's all well & good but how do you bypass the need for subscriptions that need to be paid? Say, for example, you point it to get TV2 in Norway, I read it costs 399kr per month = £33 per month, if all someone had to do is get a motorised dish then no one in Norway would pay 399kr per month, so, I suspect, it may not be that easy to watch EPL games just by buying a motorised dish, unless someone can prove me wrong.
    Sweet child, it’s like almost 700 NOK per month now! As for your point, you are right. The signals are of course scrambled so you would need a card for your tv box.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
    Errrm let's just say that Sky Uk has the finest most advanced TV encryption system anywhere in the world :wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger:
    But not everyone use HD Videoguard.

https://liveonsat.com/uk-england-premier-league.php

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Fred image Fred 81% of 367 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player