Kick-off
Sun, 15 December 2019 @ 2:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    ..............VS..................

Date - Sunday, December 15 2019
    Kickoff Time - 1400 Hrs GMT
    Venue - Old Trafford, Manchester

League standings and form guide

5. Manchester United: WDDWW
    14. Everton: WLLLW

Previous League Meetings

Everton 4—0 Manchester United

Manchester United 2—1 Everton

Everton 0—2 Manchester United

Manchester United 4—0 Everton

Manchester United 1—1 Everton

All-Time League Record

Manchester United wins: 80
    Everton wins: 58
    Draws: 42

Pre-Match Pressers

Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Duncan Ferguson

Team News

Manchester United

Eric Bailly, Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Marcos Rojo, Paul Pogba and Diogo Dalot ruled out. Luke Shaw and Jesse Lingard doubtful.

Everton

André Gomes, Jean-Philippe Gbamin, Cuco Martina, Fabian Delph, Theo Walcott and Morgan Schneiderlin ruled out. Lucas Digne, Theo Walcott and Séamus Coleman doubtful.

Know the opposition

Everton Football Club (nicknamed The Toffees and The Blues) are a professional football club based in Liverpool, England. Everton were founded as St Domingo FC in 1878 so that members of the congregation of St Domingo Methodist New Connexion Chapel in Breckfield Road North, Everton could play sport year round – cricket was played in summer. The club's first game was a 1–0 victory over Everton Church Club. The club was renamed Everton in November 1879 after the local area, as people outside the congregation wished to participate. The club was a founding member of the Football League in 1888–89 and won their first League Championship title in the 1890–91 season. Everton won the FA Cup for the first time in 1906 and the League Championship again in 1914–15. The outbreak of the First World War in 1914 interrupted the football programme while Everton were champions, which was something that would again occur in 1939.

It was not until 1927 that Everton's first sustained period of success began. In 1925 the club signed Dixie Dean from Tranmere Rovers. In 1927–28, Dean set the record for top-flight league goals in a single season with 60 goals in 39 league games, which is a record that still stands. He helped Everton win their third League Championship that season. Everton's second successful era started when Harry Catterick was made manager in 1961. In 1962–63, his second season in charge, Everton won the League Championship. In 1966 the club won the FA Cup with a 3–2 win over Sheffield Wednesday. Everton again reached the final in 1968, but this time were unable to overcome West Bromwich Albion at Wembley. Two seasons later in 1969–70, Everton won the League Championship, finishing nine points clear of nearest rivals Leeds United. During this period, Everton were the first English club to achieve five consecutive years in European competitions – covering the seasons from 1961–62 to 1966–67.

All in all, Everton have won 15 major trophies: the League Championship nine times (fourth most as of 2017–18), the FA Cup five times (ninth most) and the UEFA Cup Winners Cup once. The club have also competed in the top division for a record 114 seasons, missing the top division only four times (1930–31 and three consecutive seasons starting with 1951–52). Everton have play their homes games at Goodison Park since 1892, after moving from Anfield following a row over its rent. Their biggest rivals are neighbors Liverpool, against whom they contest the Merseryside Derby.

Referee

Michael Oliver.

Familiar Faces

Morgan Schneiderlin (2015-17) and Michael Keane (2009-15)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    Unchanged from Sunday Saturday. There you go, easy 14 points.

Up against a rejuvenated team with a new manager bounce. This will be Ole's first real test.

Last edited:

NJM78

Fresh players and on a good run of form. We must win this and the Colchester game, then we will be 5 straight wins going into new year.

If Lingard is injured we need to play a front four of Rashford, Martial, James, Greenwood and batter Everton.

De Gea, AWB, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, McT, Fred, James, Greenwood, Martial, Rashford.

3-1

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
    Unchanged from Sunday. There you go, easy 14 points.

Up against a rejuvenated team with a new manager bounce. This will be Ole's first real test.
    Why do people keep saying that?? Must be like the 10th time this season. It's no different to the Liverpool game, Arsenal game, Sheffield United game, Spurs game, City game etc., etc.

ash_86

Why do people keep saying that?? Must be like the 10th time this season. It's no different to the Liverpool game, Arsenal game, Sheffield United game, Spurs game, City game etc., etc.
    Shush that's the pre match routine. Don't jinx it.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
    Why do people keep saying that?? Must be like the 10th time this season. It's no different to the Liverpool game, Arsenal game, Sheffield United game, Spurs game, City game etc., etc
    :lol:

Valencia Shin Crosses

I'm pretty sure it's a meme, since it's all people were saying last year when we were on good form.

Anyways, let's batter them. Or at least win comfortably.

Ballache

Supports
    Martial
    Same lineup as the one against City. Will be tricky this one but I reckon we'll see it through.
    2-1 Martial and Rashford

Paul_Scholes18

Greenwood, Mata and Young did make a case for starting today. I think a player like Lingard might struggle with less space. Not an ideal game for our fullbacks either since they are not the best in attack.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    De Gea
    Wan Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    McTominay Fred
    James Lingard Rashford
    Martial
    Greenwood, Young and Matic the subs. Hopefully we get a comfortable victory and really push on now. Confidence should be high, we're at Old Trafford, fully fit barring Pogba (who can't be far), players in form. Usually combines for disappointment but would be nice if it doesn't.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
    Fresh players and on a good run of form. We must win this and the Colchester game, then we will be 5 straight wins going into new year.

If Lingard is injured we need to play a front four of Rashford, Martial, James, Greenwood and batter Everton.

De Gea, AWB, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, McT, Fred, James, Greenwood, Martial, Rashford.

3-1
    Same here. Perreira had a decent game today but he shouldn't ever start for us in the league. Let Fred and Tom handle the midfield while Martial usual dropping deep would help with linking up with our attackers.

Alemar

De Gea
    Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    McTominay Fred
    James Lingard Rashford
    Martial

Both Greenwood and Mata must start after today's excellent performances, but both will likely be on the bench nonetheless. Williams probably as well (although Shaw does deserve a start after a City match anyway, their competition with Williams is actually a good thing)

P.S. Pogba instead of Lingard if finally fit.

Bwuk

Assuming Lingard isn’t fit.

Dave
    AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
    McTominay - Fred
    Greenwood - Rashford - James
    Martial​

Ban

First real test for Ole as it was said already. I just hope he won't be a selfish prick and field a tram of youngsters.

Denis79

This will be the first time my wife attends a game with me at Old Trafford. Actually her first visit to England. Hope she falls in love with the city like I have. Too bad the weather isn't too great.

Ban

This will be the first time my wife attends a game with me at Old Trafford. Actually her first visit to England. Hope she falls in love with the city like I have. Too bad the weather isn't too great.
    Great stuff mate, pure romance. :)

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    Can’t wait for this. Renewed confidence, in great form, back in the top 4 race, the old United are back.

2-0 Everton.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
    Smash feck out of Duncan’s boys.

Bring him back to earth.

Easy win I fancy.

Needham

Can I pm you and ask all kinds of personal questions?

Relfy

I think we will win this quite easily. Everton have been poor recently and despite Big Dunc coming in, they are on the road so I think the new manager boost will come crashing down. Going for 3-0 united

Havak

Pokemon master
    Will obviously be surprised if it's anything other than the side that faced City:

de Gea
    Wan-Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    McTominay Fred
    Lingard
    James Martial Rashford
    ---
    Romero; Tuanzebe, Young; Matic, Andreas, Mata; Greenwood​

The only changes I can see are different players on the bench for Andreas or Mata, but I don't think there are that many options still. Also, with Colchester in the League Cup next week, there is opportunity for the likes of Matic, Jones, Garner, Williams etc to come back into the squad to build fitness/stay sharp/gain experience or whatever the case may be. I think we're a bit lucky that Everton got the good win over Chelsea. I think they would have been expected to be rather cautious and try to gain some stability via avoiding defeat against Chelsea & United. However, they've already got 3 Points which is probably at least 1 more than they'd have dreamed of from these two fixtures, so maybe they'll actually come at us and take the old 'free hit' approach? I'd much prefer an Everton that is going to come and attack us. They'll probably score, but I fancy us to get two or three ourselves at the moment if we're clinical enough.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
    Big Dunc is going to set Everton up as either a flat 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1. As long as we're prepared to deal with two strikers at the back we should show these up, but definitely expect a fight.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    Big Dunc is going to set Everton up as either a flat 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1. As long as we're prepared to deal with two strikers at the back we should show these up, but definitely expect a fight.
    This

He’s another Big Sam in his tactics. We won’t piss about with this lot

Alabaster Codify7

I'm very confident. Everton might park the bus, but I still think we're going to put in a good performance and 3pts here! I'm rarely this confident, hopefully its not misplaced!

-----------------------------------DDG--------------------------------------
    AWB----------Lindelöf---------------Maguire-------------Shaw
    --------------------McTominay---------Fred--------------------------
    ---------------------------------Pereira------------------------------------
    James--------------------Martial------------------------Rashford

SUBS - Greenwood (James), Lingard (Pereira), Young (AWB).

Man United 3 - 1 Everton
    Rashford, James, Greenwood.

Jonno

Big Dunc will get them working hard and sitting deep on the counter. This will not suit us and we need to overcome these types of games. Hopefully we persist, break them down and force them to come out at which point we can smash them.

Denis' cuff

Big Dunc will get them working hard and sitting deep on the counter. This will not suit us and we need to overcome these types of games. Hopefully we persist, break them down and force them to come out at which point we can smash them.
    Yep. We'll have to win the fight for the right to play football. Too often give in to these cnuts who roll over for the dippers every time.

Brightonian

If Lingard isn't fit I don't agree with the majority above that the answer is to start Greenwood. Pereira was great against Alkmaar and he'll be more useful trying to break down a packed defence than just throwing another striker in there. The build-up to Young's goal yesterday is an example of how good he can be at finding his way through ranks of defenders. He's also not afraid of a scrap, which is something we'll definitely get from big Dunc. He adds a lot of defensive value too, and he's particularly canny at disrupting counter-attacks when we lose the ball, which could be crucial.

DDG
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    McTominay Fred
    Lingard/Pereira
    James Martial Rashford​

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
    Everton coming into this full of energy and buzzing. In an ideal world we score in the first half and knock the stuffing out of them.

If Everton score fist, I can see it being a bad day. Their tails will be up and working hard for each other

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
    Supports
    USA Manchester Red Socks
    In my mind for the past week I had this down as a away game,thank god.

Big Dunc has given Everton abit of identity back at Goodison it seems.

So I expect some good results for their homes games atleast for the reminder of the campaign,against the top and small sides.

We should have enough for them on Sunday,though.
    Be telling which United side turns up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Mason Greenwood image Mason Greenwood 44% of 269 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 275 ratings.