Kick-off
Sat, 6 February 2021 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    ..............VS...................

Date - Saturday, February 06 2021

Kickoff Time - 2000 Hrs GMT
    Venue - Old Trafford, Manchester

League standings and form guide

2. Manchester United: DWLDW
    6. Everton: LWDLW

Previous League Meetings

Everton 1—3 Manchester United

Everton 1—1 Manchester United

Manchester United 1—1 Everton

Everton 4—0 Manchester United

Manchester United 2—1 Everton

All-Time League Record

Manchester United wins: 81
    Everton wins: 58
    Draws: 44

Pre-Match Pressers

Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Carlo Ancelotti

Team News

Manchester United

Phil Jones ruled out. Edinson Cavani and Eric Bailly doubtful.

Everton

Allan, Jean-Philippe Gbamin and Niels Nkounkou ruled out. Jordan Pickford and Fabian Delph doubtful.

Know the opposition

Everton Football Club (nicknamed The Toffees and The Blues) are a professional football club based in Liverpool, England. Everton were founded as St Domingo FC in 1878 so that members of the congregation of St Domingo Methodist New Connexion Chapel in Breckfield Road North, Everton could play sport year round – cricket was played in summer. The club's first game was a 1–0 victory over Everton Church Club. The club was renamed Everton in November 1879 after the local area, as people outside the congregation wished to participate. The club was a founding member of the Football League in 1888–89 and won their first League Championship title in the 1890–91 season. Everton won the FA Cup for the first time in 1906 and the League Championship again in 1914–15. The outbreak of the First World War in 1914 interrupted the football programme while Everton were champions, which was something that would again occur in 1939.

It was not until 1927 that Everton's first sustained period of success began. In 1925 the club signed Dixie Dean from Tranmere Rovers. In 1927–28, Dean set the record for top-flight league goals in a single season with 60 goals in 39 league games, which is a record that still stands. He helped Everton win their third League Championship that season. Everton's second successful era started when Harry Catterick was made manager in 1961. In 1962–63, his second season in charge, Everton won the League Championship. In 1966 the club won the FA Cup with a 3–2 win over Sheffield Wednesday. Everton again reached the final in 1968, but this time were unable to overcome West Bromwich Albion at Wembley. Two seasons later in 1969–70, Everton won the League Championship, finishing nine points clear of nearest rivals Leeds United. During this period, Everton were the first English club to achieve five consecutive years in European competitions – covering the seasons from 1961–62 to 1966–67. Howard Kendall took over as manager and guided Everton to their most successful era. Domestically, Everton won the FA Cup in 1984 and two League Championships in 1984–85 and 1986–87. In Europe, the club won its first, and so far only, European trophy by securing the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1985.

All in all, Everton have won 15 major trophies: the League Championship nine times (fourth most as of 2017–18), the FA Cup five times (ninth most) and the UEFA Cup Winners Cup once. The club have also competed in the top division for a record 114 seasons, missing the top division only four times (1930–31 and three consecutive seasons starting with 1951–52). Everton have play their homes games at Goodison Park since 1892, after moving from Anfield following a row over its rent. Their biggest rivals are neighbors Liverpool, against whom they contest the Merseryside Derby.

Referee

Jonathan Moss.

Familiar Faces

Michael Keane (2004—15)

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    Same team as tonight though I suspect Pogba will come back in. Maybe Bailly as well

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    Ole's first real test is to make the players come back to earth.

paulscholes18

we beat them 3-1 away this season

DDG
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    McTominay Pogba
    Greenwood Bruno Rashford
    Cavani

abailey123

Only change is Pogba in for one of McTominay / Fred. Greenwood did enough from the right tonight to keep his place - he looked very sharp. Maybe Bailly in for Lindelof depending on Victors fitness

PoTMS

Damn. I was quite looking forward to watching us play an away game.

el3mel

I'm pretty sure we already played this fixture few months ago. This is at home.

Mr.Kaya

Lets keep it going, assume the same lineup as today, really. Only change I could see is Pogba getting in for either McT/Fred/Bruno but doubt it. Have a feeling it'll be a nervewrecking and exciting game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Important to keep momentum.. let's hope we didn't use up all our goals.
    Cavani
    Rashford Bruno Pogba
    Fred McTominay
    Shaw Maguire Lindelof Wan Bissaka
    De Gea​

Gandalf

For those selecting Maguire in their lineups you might want to consider that his booking tonight means he is not available. The rarely seen Lindelöf/Bailly partnership will get a run out on Saturday.

Bwuk

For those selecting Maguire in their lineups you might want to consider that his booking tonight means he is not available. The rarely seen Lindelöf/Bailly partnership will get a run out on Saturday.
    I thought the bookings reset? Fairly certain he’s available?

Same team bar Pogba for Fred for me.

Walters_19_MuFc

Any player earning five bookings from his side's first 19 Premier League matches will have to serve a one-match ban in the same competition.

Players who accumulate 10 yellow cards in Premier League matches up to and including their sides' 32nd fixture will serve a two-match suspension in the competition.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/...te 10 yellow,for suspensions for yellow cards.

Maguire picked up his 5th yellow against Arsenal in the 21st game, so it now becomes 10.

As of today, he is on 6.

Walters_19_MuFc

Baffles me that people are putting Pogba wide.

I was someone guilty of this, only when we come up against the tougher sides, but we're clearly a better side and looked much more balanced with two wingers, who keep the width and create overloads out wide.

If Pogba plays, it should be in a pivot.

rooney2009

Important to keep momentum.. let's hope we didn't use up all our goals.
    Cavani
    Rashford Bruno Pogba
    Fred McTominay
    Shaw Maguire Lindelof Wan Bissaka
    De Gea​
    We are at home for this but will go with this line up
    Martial in if Cavani is injured

Ludens the Red

Baffles me that people are putting Pogba wide.

I was someone guilty of this, only when we come up against the tougher sides, but we're clearly a better side and looked much more balanced with two wingers, who keep the width and create overloads out wide.

If Pogba plays, it should be in a pivot.
    Aye no need for two dms versus Everton . Theyre quite open themselves and aren’t particularly menacing going forward. Air balls into Calvert Lewin. Dominated them a few weeks back with Pogba in the two behind Bruno.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
    I actually fancied us to win this one more than the Southampton game tonight so with that in mind I’m expecting/predicting a comfortable 3-1.

Devil may care

Despite scoring a brace I don't see Martial coming back in for this as I think Greenwood and Rashford switching back and forth on the flanks works better than Rashford just out on the right all game. I also don't think Ole brings Pogba back in.

Red00012

Fake news

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
    Same team that played against Southampton except Pogba in for Mctominay. I thought we didn’t look too bad with a Pogba Fred combo against Arsenal and Pogba is much closer to Mctominay in style compared to Fred (although different skill sets of course).

We have to keep the wings the same though, need to regain some balance that we’ve been lacking by shunting Rashford to the right and Martial to the left. Rashford and Greenwood work far better it has to be said just look at how we played during lockdown.

always_hoping

Only Leicester and Man United have a better away record in the Premier league this season than Everton.

Just 2 defeats in 9 away games and their last defeat was on November 1st and have conceded a mere 9 goals in those 9 matches only Man City have conceded less on the road.

Long story short I think we may have to settle for 1-0 instead of another 9-0 win.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
    If we can keep Richarlison and Digne quiet, we will be fine. If so, I cant see anything beyond a United win.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    DDG
    AWB Bailly Maguire Shaw
    Pogba Fred
    Greenwood Bruno Rashford
    Cavani
    I think Martial will play instead of Greenwood while Lindelof will play instead of Bailly because we know Bailly will play the West Ham FA Cup game.

Chicharo

No need to rest Pogba two games in a row. Play him instead of McT. If Cavani isn't at 100% do not risk him and play Martial instead and include Greenwood in the lineup

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 321 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw