Kick-off
Sat, 2 October 2021 @ 12:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mav_9me

Who’d have predicted outrage on the Caf for Martial starting ahead of lingard 12 months ago…such a fickle game.
    Credit to Lingard for that. Definitely showed me and others by bouncing back and improving his performances

Joeace2020

His head will be on a spike by the end of the day if this team loses. There's too much change here. Gaddamn!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    You can’t tell me Donny “just needs to do more when given his chance” while Martial is being handed PL starts.

AFC NimbleThumb

Throw sh*t at the wall enough times & it’ll stick once or twice; at some point McFred will come good again. We’ve got Pogba on the bench at home, with more assists already this season than that duo could dream of getting this season.

I’m back McFred to have their 1 in 10 decent game that their fanatics will overblow as per.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
    People are losing their shit because he’s made changes after playing midweek and now early Saturday.

Ridiculous to expect any different.
    Yeah, got no problem with rotation really, considering we only just played on Wednesday night. The only problem I do have is with Martial starting. Can't understand that at all.

Prove me wrong Tony. Grab a hattrick son.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
    What an idiot, firstly he needs to stop playing favourites with this team and actually play player based on merit and performances. I mean, what has Martial actually done to merit playing in this game that Van De Beek hasn't? It's concerning that he still cannot break into this side that has been rotated somewhat despite performing well from the really limited appearances he has actually had.
    How the feck is Martial a favourite of his :lol:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
    Not happy with not starting to play until we go a goal down we now want to start with 10 men by giving martial a start...........

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    Cavani made a huge impact when he came on the other night. Ole starting him today is no surprise. Good call in fact.

red4ever 79

I forgot to submit a line-up prediction but i wouldn't have guessed Martial and Cavani starting and wasn't sure if Shaw was fit. The fact McFred continues almost feels like stubbornness to detriment at this point.
    Indeed. For Donny's sake I am hoping he has been to the supermarket and stocked up on gum. Additionally his agent should be looking for sponsorships with orbit or Wrigley's at least to give him something to do.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
    I dont like to moan before the kick-off but WTF? Come on Ole!

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    Martial starts because he has a decent record against Everton right? Ole does love that.

Joeace2020

Throw sh*t at the wall enough times & it’ll stick once or twice; at some point McFred will come good again. We’ve got Pogba on the bench at home, with more assists already this season than that duo could dream of getting this season.

I’m back McFred to have their 1 in 10 decent game that their fanatics will overblow as per.
    No they won't. The earlier we give up with this charade, the better.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
    People would have been raging had Lingard been starting too. Sancho hasn’t done anything and both he and Martial don’t play the same position anyway.

youngrell

The meltdowns never cease to amaze. Martial is maybe a shock inclusion but Cavani makes complete sense. He needs game time, he’s got a very good record against Everton and he’s barely a drop off in all round quality.

Ronaldo, despite his winner, was woeful on Weds night so is probably in need of the rest.

OmarUnited4ever

I accept resting CR7 and opting for Cavani. its a sensible thing to do to keep CR7 fresh throughout the season, and Cavani is a superb striker himself so no issues here.

Martial being preferred over Pogba & Sancho on the LW is a surprise but both Pogba & Sancho aren't pulling up any trees recently but I would've thought Lingard earned a start here, Bruno & Greenwood are effective for us so they retain their starting spots and the back 5 selects itself, McFred is McFred, Ole's preferred CM partnership

UpWithRivers

Im more surprised Martial is playing LW. Like his actual position. Madness.
    Team is fine but why not play Matic and DVB or at least Matic.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    It is the Martial selection which has baffled, I expected McFred to be back, absolutely no problem with Cavani. I just thought he would give either put Lingard in, or try and build the form and confidence of Sancho. He has just had a kicking off his England manager, the great English public in the summer, now his club manager.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    Very glad that Ole is rotating Cavani and Ronaldo and not falling into the trap of trying to build a team around playing both of them together. I posted back in May this year that Ronaldo and Cavani would be a good centre forward rotation for United, but never thought I’d see it. Cavani’s shown his strengths, but he can’t play much more than 40% of our minutes. Ronaldo will be better for having minutes managed too.

Now I’ve calmed down, I am more relaxed about seeing Martial as inside left. Just not up top please.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
    Scout
    Is he? Sancho and Pogba have been poor recently and Ronaldo is 36 needing a rest. Lingard is the only one who can legitimately be pissed. But Ole rates martial. That’s obvious.
    Martial has also been poor recently....but yeah, Lingard clearly should be starting games over him.

Hell in my opinion there is no one in the squad more undeserving. I'd honestly rather see Elanga or Juan feckin Mata start instead of Martial.

Again I am fully prepared for him to score today :lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    Ronaldo, despite his winner, was woeful on Weds night so is probably in need of the rest.
    Agreed. Ronaldo’s game time was being managed by Zidane as far back as 3 years ago. He can’t play every week, it makes sense to start Cavani. My guess is if Rashford was fit he’d be playing over Martial, but he isn’t.

AFC NimbleThumb

No they won't. The earlier we give up with this charade, the better.
    He won’t though, & by ‘come good again’ I mean for a game or two which will convince some on here. They’ve been living off that night in Paris for too long.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    My right pinky says no.

And it's no longer speaking to me. Where will I find my wisdom now?
    I'd say you had a lucky escape but your post was made regarding VDB starting.

Not sure that pinky is providing much wisdom either way ;)

Cloud7

Cavani did enough to earn a start and some rest for Ronaldo isn't a bad thing.

Martial is an interesting one. Hopefully he does something today.

Josh 76

The meltdowns never cease to amaze. Martial is maybe a shock inclusion but Cavani makes complete sense. He needs game time, he’s got a very good record against Everton and he’s barely a drop off in all round quality.

I agree.
    Ronaldo can’t play every bloody game, especially after a couple of days.

Cavani deserves a start. Martial is the only one I’m shocked about. Lingard should have started

Kaos

People would have been raging had Lingard been starting too. Sancho hasn’t done anything and both he and Martial don’t play the same position anyway.
    Neither has Martial. The difference is Sancho is a new signing we're trying to bed in whereas Martial has had several years to prove his worth. Completely bonkers to start him considering the circumstances.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 288 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw