Sat, 2 October 2021 @ 12:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    really happy for martial, he needed that.

greenwood been good again

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
    Supports
    4-4-2 classic
    Keep him there forever. He's a left forward. With Cavani or Ronaldo up top he'll have more space to score goals.

Highfather_24

McFred has played well today.

Also I think its a good sign that Ole is not scared to drop Ronaldo when he's tired.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
    Scout
    Excellent first half from AWB and Greenwood down the right, both attacking and defending. Good linkup play there, knowing when one cuts in and the other creates space. Shaw and Varane with crucial blocks, DDG with a super save from Gray. Upfront, Cavani on another day finishes that header into far corner, but Martial took his finish well despite being very static.

Extremely disappointed in the middle of the pitch, Fred has had a 3/10 performance and McT with a 5/10. They press blindly and lose a runner behind putting the defence under pressure over and over again. It's not like they win anything on the press, either, losing most of their duels or simply being run around or passed around. We have a top defence, a great attack, and a flamboyant playmaker who needs to connect his ambitious passes only a couple of times every game to redeem himself for all the times he gives it away. That's the United way, but I'm not complaining.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    Greenwood is insane. Imagine if he wasn't against 2-3 players constantly but 1on1.
    That goal you could argue was a result of us not being so lop sided for a change with a genuine threat from the right Martial had room to work with.

Sylar

We have been here many times before. How many times we've said he has turned the corner and now he will show is class week in week out only for it not to happen. He is the player equivalent of Arsenal. Sometimes breathtaking but mostly inconsistent.
    Yeah, I get that. But if he contributes here and there, its great for us. If not, we have the likes of Sancho, Lingard, Rashford (eventually) to come in.

Every goal will count for him and thus help United.

Dudu

Good half that!

We had almost 70% posession of the ball too. Hopefully kill the game with a quick 2nd half goal.

Strelok

This is ole's wank fantasy ie being a goal up so that he can park the bus and hit on the counter.
    This is not even remotely true. We never stop attacking even at 3-0. Exciting half ahead :devil:

We've been playing some pretty good football but a bit caution at the back is required imo. Gray and that lad on the right is not bad at all.

Infra-red

Scrappy game short on quality, particularly in the final third where there's been lots of heavy touches and misplaced passes. Does have that early Saturday kick-off feel about it where everyone seems a yard off - hopefully we settle into it now and control the game a bit more in the second half.

Ranchero

There are fans who would prefer their agenda to be correct even if it means we are unsuccessful.
    Wrong.
    That was probably the happiest I've seen Greenwood be at someone else scoring in a long time. I wonder if it's because he's especially happy for Martial.

Also, you can see the influence Rashford is having when he screamed a little "eff off" in the celebrations!
    Greenwood has been mustard and seems to get better and better

Yakuza_devils

Hope Martial learn from Shaw to recapture his old form. Martial was one of the emerging talent in the world at one time. He dribbling was world class and played very well for us.

Nick7

Honestly? I think prior to the goal his link play, especially with Shaw has been promosing. Hasn't been easy because we have struggled to get our wingers in 1v1 positions but I feel he's been very neat and took his goal well.
    Tidy, but he's given the ball away a few times and been quite slow at times. I'm comparing this to his better performances for us a couple of seasons ago and I think he's been poor in comparison.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
    Fred was decent that half.....
    He was. The usual complaints though. Lost a few 50/50s and misplaced a pass or two but who doesn’t? One thing I don’t understand is people saying his passing is safe and shite. He’s always forcing the ball through the gaps on either foot. Keeps us playing with zip. He’s got a mistake in him for sure though but I think that’s as much got to do with how open we play as anything else

Redfrog

Not much love for Bruno Fernandes? He's been very good too. Yeah he did hit some hopeful passes here and then but who else would even attempt those passes anyway in this team? Massively involved in the goal. He served it on a platter for Martial to hit.
    Some people will argue about having Ronaldo or Messi in the team, so don’t even care.
    Bruno in this team is not even up for debate, no matter how many balls he lose…

Shimo

Just before the goal was saying to myself that Bruno passing been off. Then lays on a perfectly weighted ball.

First time in a very long time have I seen us move the ball as quickly as have in the first half.McFred have been very good.

hope we kill it early in 2nd half. Don’t need another squeaky bum time.

RedDevilRoshi

Started well but then fell off a bit for and Everton created some decent openings and chances. Scored at the perfect time. Good finish by Martial.

Happy with the scoreline. Need that 2nd goal to kill the game off.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
    Not a great half but we’re winning. Need to keep it tight...that’s the job of McFred and hit them on the break

ThinkTank@Cafe

Greenwood-AWB combo on the right looks exciting. Mutual understanding between them is especially impressing. Not a coincidence both players are shinning today. Once Rashford is ready we will have similar situation on the left hopefully.

Sancho has a lot to do to earn his spot.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    Fred was decent that half.....
    Decent yeah. I do feel both him and Mctominay are too easy to get past in midfield and don't track runners properly. Fred did have some good clearances and interceptions though.

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    He hasn’t really done that today though? He’s been largely good today and only lost the ball a couple of times through frustrating passes. I’d hazard a guess his passing accuracy is higher today than normal.
    You'd expect that given we've got a target man of sorts up front, but it's too rushed. I got some sarcastic response for this, but for me it's been slowly grating on me, which is not to say I don't understand how obviously instrumental he is for our team, which has been proved beyond any doubt since his second match at United.

Tony247

Teams are running straight through our so called double pivot. All the blocks were by back 4.

RedIan

Agree we started ok but after 20 minutes Everton look like teh team creating most threat on goal. I was only thinking martial was posing no threat when bruno opened up their defence after they left martial completely free on the left flank.

that goal will do martial confidence a lot of good. mcfred generally poor, zero creativity. Fred made a couple of howlers that lead to Everton chances.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    Martial was good before the goal. Shaw never overlaps him when martial is dealing with two players.
    I wouldn’t say he was good, bit muted but I think that’s down to good organisational play from Everton and a reluctance to take players on from the left. The pleasing thing is that apart from Fred’s occasional brain farts, we’ve been patient against a good side.
    Sancho on for Martial( maybe) later on to bring some more energy down that side. Jesse and Ronaldo as well around the 60 minute mark if we’re winning

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 288 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw