Mon, 10 August 2020 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
    That striker will probably be Jonas Wind who just returned from a bad injury. He's young and can be a handfull but he needs service.
    If we can keep Jon Asswind quiet there's a good chance we'll come up trumps.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
    JDT
    Its a deathmatch. Its not like we have anything else to play for. So anything less than the full first team is negligence. We need the cup.

suheilsworld

United should play as full strength team as possible, with maybe Romero or Fred in contention to start.

If United beat Copenhagen, their semi-final match is 7 days later, with the final 4 days later.
    That’s good to know that we have 7 days rest till semis - go out there with our full strength team which includes Romero

Al-T

First choice xi gave had a fortnight's rest and there's a week until a potential semi final.

No reason to start with any reserved.

Havak

Pokemon master
    de Gea
    Wan-Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Williams
    Pogba Matic
    Greenwood Bruno Rashford
    Martial
    ---
    Romero; Bailly, Fosu-Mensah; Fred, McTominay, Garner, Andreas, Mata, Lingard, James, Chong; Ighalo​

Would like Mengi to keep a place on the bench even though it's unlikely he'll get on the pitch. I'd expect Garner & Chong to be selected ahead of him even if we're lacking fit defenders. Romero could start, but I think if you go with Romero you have to use him for the remainder of the tournament provided we progress.

This is the last game to get some rhythm before the competition gets somewhat difficult. I think we'll have to be better than we were against Palace & Leicester for example in the Semi Final / Final, even though we won those games, or we're not winning the competition.

I am probably underestimating Copenhagen here, but I think 7 or 8 times out of 10 we'd beat them with the kind of lethargic performances we put in at the end of the season in the Premier League. If we're anywhere near our best it should be a comfortable win.

Last edited:

Eire Red United

Wouldn’t go full strength with this one, of the lads who started last night I’d keep Fred, Williams, Maguire, Romero and Lingard, possibly McT and Bailly as well. Mata and James should be nowhere near it though

Mihai

Watched a bit of the Danish League on Eurosport/FreeSports recently and they are no mugs, it'll be a lot tougher than some would expect, happily win it on away goals .....
    There're no away goals.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
    Time Travel
    Last time they were in the elimination stage of the Europa league, I saw them in person and Atletico did them 4-0 without breaking a sweat.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13

Solbakken vs Solskjær. Our media are going to wank themselves silly over the next few days.
    Bloody hell, and we complain about the Chevrolet logo on our shirt :lol:

onemanarmy

3? games left to win an European Cup. Go all in. I think a lot of players still have a point to prove.

Roux

Watched a bit of the Danish League on Eurosport/FreeSports recently and they are no mugs, it'll be a lot tougher than some would expect, happily win it on away goals .....
    What away goals?

Mickson

They're pretty terrible. Watched them live twice against Malmo. Absolutely toothless even at home (and lost) also nowhere near the league title in Denmark... Can't see them scoring, and can't see them not conceding. We'll win comfortably. Best team please.

DDG
    AWB, VNL, Maguire, Williams
    Matic
    Bruno, Pogba
    Greenwood, Martial, Rashford

Bwuk

Romero
    AWB - Bailly - Maguire - Williams
    McTominay - Pogba
    Lingard - Bruno - Rashford
    Ighalo​

Still not quite full strength, but more than enuogh to beat Copenhagen.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    Romero
    AWB - Bailly - Maguire - Williams
    McTominay - Pogba
    Lingard - Bruno - Rashford
    Ighalo​

Still not quite full strength, but more than enuogh to beat Copenhagen.
    Why on earth would be play that? If we win we won’t need to play the semi final for another week so there’s no need to rest players. We don’t have any league games in between. Most of our first XI didn’t play against LASK. Why would we not play full strength?

meamth

I want to win not because I want the Europa title, but to save myself from defending my beloved players in Caf. Please win.

AmanNits04

Go Full Strength, score a couple of goals and then take off some of them around the hour mark. Players have had enough rest. We don't want them rusty for the semi finals.

Gator Nate

What away goals?
    Well... both sides are away... and it's a single match... so... :lol:

Honestly, it amazes me how many people, at this point, are still totally unaware of the format of the competition going forward. I mean, yeah, it's changed from the past, but seriously... it's not like there's ANYTHING else going on right now. And how many times has it come up in how many threads? How did they miss it?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
    Well... both sides are away... and it's a single match... so... :lol:

Honestly, it amazes me how many people, at this point, are still totally unaware of the format of the competition going forward. I mean, yeah, it's changed from the past, but seriously... it's not like there's ANYTHING else going on right now. And how many times has it come up in how many threads? How did they miss it?
    So what you're saying is that 1-1 puts us through becuase away goals count double.

Hester_manc

Here is some informations about FC Copenhagen, as I see them. I have written them based on their starting lineup in the last match. Daramy and Stage often play for them. I
    GK - Karl-Johan Johnsson: Decent goalkeeper, without many mistakes.

RB - Varela, Very good offensive, good dribbles and crosses. Not so good defensively. Easy to cheat, even in the Danish league. Used to play for us

CB: Victor Nelsson: Young talent, 21 years. He is occasionally misplaced. Good technique, calm with the ball. Has been around the Danish national team a few times already.

CB: Andreas Bjelland: Experienced. Has played for Brentford. He has played a number of international matches, where he was for a long time preferred to Chelsea's Andreas Christensen. Makes some good long passes. Not so fast anymore.

LB: Nicolai Boilsen: 28 years. Has played 52 games for Ajax, where he was captain for a year. In the summer of 2015, he said no to extending his contract with Ajax. Ajax punished him by putting him on the youth team for the rest of his time there, after which he lost a lot of level and switched to FC Copenhagen. He is about to be at old level again but has had many injuries. He has just returned from an injury break. He is really good offensively, but also fair defensively. He could easily play for a team like Crystal Palace in the PL. When in form he will play for the Danish National Team.

CM: Robert Mudrazija: Has been injured a lot, and has therefore not played as much for FC Copenhagen. The player I know the least. He came to the club january 2019 and has only played 14 games.

CM: Carlos Zeca:
    Their best player. Perhaps the best player in the entire Danish league. He looks slender and skinny but is great at capturing balls and tackling. He has a really good technique and a good overview. He both creates chances and destroys the opponents' upswing. Has played 165 games for Panathinaikos and he was their captain for a while. He has played 19 times for Greece.

RW: Pep Biel:
    Fair technique. He fluctuates a lot in performance. A mediocre player. On his good days, though, he is really good, but it doesnt happen too often.

AMC: Jonas Wind: 21 years and a great talent. He can make goals and create chances. He has been injured for a very long time with his cruciate ligament, but has come back well now. He will soon move to a major club abroad. A good, young player.
    LW: Rasmus Falk: A physically small player. Good technique, good dribbles, good work rate. He's hard to take the ball off. He is occasionally around the Danish national team. If he is in the mood to play, he may well become a handful.

CF: Mikkel Kaufmann 19 years, ok talent. He came from a smaller club from my hometown (Aalborg) this January, but he hasn’t made an impact yet. Strong player.

------

CM: Jens Stage: Young midfielder and a talented player. Has a great work rate. He's suffered a dive in form right now.

LB: Pierre Bengtsson: Ok defender. Good offensive. Has played 29 times for the Swedish National Team

CB: Sotirios Papagiannopoulos. Strong defender.

GK: Grytebus: Almost same level as first choise

RW/LW/CF: Mohamed Daramy: 18 years and a great talent. We will certainly hear about him in the future. He is going to play many games for the Danish national team in the future. Good technich. He can become a really good player. I really like him.

RB/(RW): Karlo Bartolec: A okay player. Can be creative. Perhaps one of their weaker player, but can play ok sometimes.

LB/(LW): Bryan Oviedo: Used to be fast and offensive. He has lost a lot of quality and is perhaps a weak link. Has played 50 games for Everton.

LW/CF: Viktor Fischer: Injured right now and might not play. He is an important player for them. He is very creative and fast. He can do the unexpected, score goals and make assists. He has played 79 games for Ajax. He was in Middlesbrough, but without succes. Has played 21 times for Denmark.

Last edited:
    Reactions: roonster09

Knux

Supports
    AIK Stockholm
    Wouldn’t go full strength with this one, of the lads who started last night I’d keep Fred, Williams, Maguire, Romero and Lingard, possibly McT and Bailly as well. Mata and James should be nowhere near it though
    Are you being sarcastic? Or how do you motivate to play a B team that nearly drew to LASK at home 2 days ago in a Europan Quarterfinal?

You know that we have 30 days rest after the final, right? And also 7 days until a possible semi final. It’s not like they’re playing every two days.. Ole would be slaughtered starting that team and lose..

always_hoping

Copenhagen record v English clubs in Europe.

Played 8
    Won 1
    Drew 3
    Lost 4
    Scored 5
    Conceded 11

Only win was 1-0 at home to United in 2006, Ole should remember it as he started in that game.

Biggest defeat 3-0 to United in the same year.

Knux

Supports
    AIK Stockholm
    Sentiment? Something about being loyal to the players that got us to this point in the first place?
    What about the players who took us to the EL spot in the first place?

EwanI Ted

If we intend to play our first team players at any point, they need to be getting minutes in the next game. Three weeks off followed by a (relatively speaking) high tempo competitive game won't be good prep. Ideally play a full strength team, get ahead, then make substitutions early. Just leave out anyone carrying a knock.

SteveTheRed

We should go all out to win this trophy. It's great pre-season preparation, one that is for a legitimate title! Ole's first, and talks about a new squad feeling. Get the first trophy done and the rest will fall into place.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 288 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • FC Copenhagen win
  • Draw