Kick-off
Tue, 18 May 2021 @ 6:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bsCallout

Couldn’t give a feck. We’re gonna scrape over the line and drag ourselves to a CL finish kicking and screaming once again.
    That's fine. Atleast out weaknesses haven't been hidden from view leading into the window.

We've improved this season a lot but recent performances have shown we still need big investment despite the decent season overall.

Devil may care

I'm not a fan of putting Pogba in the double pivot but we've got to switch it up after last night, and up top Cavani rarely plays 2 in a row so Mason should get another run out at #9 here.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
    We have to play our best team against Fulham and focus on the game. Otherwise we won’t be sharp for the final.
    Win against Fulham, then rotate against Wolves and let the players do whatever they want (against Wolves) while focusing entirely on tactics for the final once the Fulham game is finished.

Bestofthebest

We need to get the points to guarantee second place because it will give a bit extra money and the highest position since Jose’s attempt. Forget the Europa Cup, I doubt we will win that even with our strongest team. If it was available.

Bwuk

I'd look to play as strong a side as possible, it's the last home game of the season. If we win we will confirm 2nd place. Then we can play a complete reserve squad vs Wolves ahead of the Europa League final.

Henderson
    AWB - Bailly - Lindelof - Shaw
    McTominay - Pogba
    Greenwood - Bruno - Rashford
    Cavani​

gajender

We need to get the points to guarantee second place because it will give a bit extra money and the highest position since Jose’s attempt. Forget the Europa Cup, I doubt we will win that even with our strongest team. If it was available.
    Overreaction much we would finish second comfortably and We are favourites for Europa League irrespective of who we put up for final have some faith in your team.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    How much extra money does it give?

Santos J

:lol: Completely forgot about that game, was thinking Roma was our last game before Leicester. Either way 3 defeats from 4 ain’t good enough.
    Aye I had to check as well as it does feel like the Villa one was ages ago :lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
    I'm not a fan of putting Pogba in the double pivot but we've got to switch it up after last night, and up top Cavani rarely plays 2 in a row so Mason should get another run out at #9 here.

That midfield seems like another disaster waiting to happen.

BFernandes

A team with nothing to play for and trying to avoid injuries V a team with nothing to play for

Should be a barnburner.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
    We have second place to play for now.

Finishing third would be a failure beyond belief.
    It would be disappointing to finish third for sure but second is no achievement therefore it don't ultimately matter. It's not a trophy.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
    Don't know why I'm suprised at the meltdown after last night, but this should be an easy win in reality.

Maybe give a couple players a rest before giving them 45 against Wolves, players like Bruno, AWB and Rashford need a prolonged rest rather than additional minutes and we should have enough in the tank to get the win and secure 2nd. I'd personally go with...

Henderson
    Williams Tuanzabe Lindelof Shaw
    McTominay DvB
    Greenwood Pogba James
    Cavani

Strong enough to get the job done, but gives the key players with a lot of minutes in their legs an extended break.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
    You should put your house on Villarreal so!

I know where my money is going. We will beat them. We should beat them. We are spending about 20 times more than them

Glorio

Give Maguire a seat behind our goal to scream instructions at the defence :)

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
    :lol: Completely forgot about that game, was thinking Roma was our last game before Leicester. Either way 3 defeats from 4 ain’t good enough.
    Not sure you can count Leicester as anything other than a Get fecked from the team to FA, that was a pure reserves match.

always_hoping

Couldn’t give a feck. We’re gonna scrape over the line and drag ourselves to a CL finish kicking and screaming once again.
    You do realise that United secured CL football last Sunday? The scrape over the line was last season which in itself was decent when you consider United was looking odds on for a 6th or 7th place finish in early February last season.
    What is the capacity for fans attending live? Assuming it won't be full capacity?
    10,000 and no away fans in that attendance. We are a while off from full capacity stadiums.

Last edited:

FatTails

These are terrible going forward so we won’t be missing Harry as much as against Liverpool. They have the second worst attack in the league after Sheffield, scoring only 25 goals in 35 games (some terrible finishing is a big part of that, as they’re massively trailing their expected goals). I hope we don’t go with McFred against them.

Their defence is not that bad actually, so I expect a close game in terms of scoreline. I’d go with 2-1, like the away game.

3 games in 10 days seems like asking too much of Cavani so I’d start him on the bench. We need three points from two games to guarantee second (or two barring some miraculously huge wins for Leicester). Is Daniel James fit now?

Henderson
    AWB - Bailly - Lindelof - Shaw
    Pogba - McTominay
    James/Amad - Bruno - Rashford
    Greenwood​

siw2007

Does anyone know when it was announced that the game was kicking off at 6?

Cast5

Henderson

AWB Lindelof Tuanzebe Shaw

Mctominay Pogba

Greenwood Fernandes Rashford

Cavani

Play the 2nd team vs Wolves.

Bondi77

You know its going to happen.

We've got nothing to play for in the league and neither do they. Fully expect Fulham to win.
    Fully, and I'm not even joking.
    Wolves might beat us too
    Great to see Pessimism is alive and kicking!

roseguy64

Only real wonder for me is will James/ Martial be fit enough for the bench. Hopefully we won't need either off the bench in the final but would be good to get minutes into them if needed.

Havak

Pokemon master
    Only real wonder for me is will James/ Martial be fit enough for the bench. Hopefully we won't need either off the bench in the final but would be good to get minutes into them if needed.
    As long as we win this game with the strongest XI possible, we could make big changes against Wolves on the last day. Hopefully James, Martial and Maguire have a chance to play a part in that game before the final.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 167 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw