Kick-off
Sun, 28 May 2023 @ 4:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bertie Wooster

I think we can rest some key players while still looking to pick a strong enough team to try and win and secure a deserved 3rd placed finish.

I don't see any reason to pick such a weakened team that some have been going for. We can rest the likes of Varane, Casemiro, Rashford, etc, and promote the current subs - without going to the likes of Jones, Mengi, Mainoo, Iqbal, Elanga as sudden starters.

I'd go with...

De Gea

Dalot
    Maguire
    Lindelof
    Malacia

Fred
    McTominay

Sancho
    Fernandes?
    Garnacho

Martial / Weghorst

Bench a mix of some regulars like Eriksen, Fernandes / Sancho / Weghorst (whoever's not starting), and also younger players like Pellistri, Mainoo, Elanga...

Last edited:

always_hoping

Is ETH gonna go all out for this or rest our key players? What do you guys reckon?
    He'll start a hand of first choice starters and probably sub them off early in the 2nd half. Bruno for example wants to play every game.

BorisManUtd

Butland
    Dalot Maguire Lindelof Malacia
    McTominay Fred
    Sancho Bruno Garnacho
    Weghorst

2 reasons why a win would be great: finishing 3rd (though Newcastle just not winning at Bridge would be enough) and it would get us on 75 points, more than in 20/21 season. Other than that I'd be happy with a draw as well and do think Fulham will field strong team and be motivated to beat us after that loss in Fa Cup.

I think if it's starting 11 I put here then it won't be more than a draw anyways, unless likes of Rashford/Casemiro/Shaw come off the bench and win it for us.

JustinC00

Seems like ETH will be at least start out going for the win Sunday

scottser

The sensible thing to do is start the team that finished tonight. Once we're a couple of goals up we can sub off those we need to rest for those who'll be saying goodbye, such as Maguire etc.
    Wout''s gonna score BTW. I can feel it in me water.

BorisManUtd

It's not easy to predict starting 11 but you'd think Maguire starts this one, captains the side in his (most probably) last game at Old Trafford and possibly in United shirt.

Brightonian

Rest the ones whose form is solid but legs are tired. Bruno, Rashford especially. Play the ones who don't burn themselves out but need every ounce of form they can get. Sancho, Martial.

Start Garnacho. I think he's too raw to start important matches yet, but if he plays 90 and scores here, it'll make him all the more confident coming off the bench against City.

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    Am I wrong in thinking 3rd is automatic CL qualification and 4th requires one qualifying round?

lex talionis

I expect a lot of 45-60 minute appearances from key players.

A full 90 for the following:

De Gea
    Lindelof
    Varane
    Wan-Bissaka
    Martial
    Sancho

We'll see what Antony's injury is all about this weekend.

After that, it's not hard to imagine the following getting a runout and nothing more:

Casemiro
    Eriksen
    Bruno
    Rashford

Hopefully we'll see a few kids get more than a few minutes.

lex talionis

Is ETH gonna go all out for this or rest our key players? What do you guys reckon?
    Neither. What I believe is that he'll start a full strength squad but give our midfielders -- who typically do more work than defenders and forwards -- a break starting around the 55-60 minute mark. Maybe Rashford as well, who today didn't quite look match fit to my eye and needs a bit more work before the cup final.

Blood Mage

Finishing 3rd would be ace but I think on balance I would rather have a fully rested team for the cup final.

Butland
    Dalot - Lindelof - Maguire - Malacia
    McTominay - Fred
    Sancho - Sabitzer - Garnacho
    Weghorst
    A nice swan song for the McFred era. Sancho doesn't need rest since he barely runs anyway.

prateik

I want to win every game.. but you dont get too many chances to give youngsters real match experience without pressure to get a result.

Would be nice to see some kids get some starts.. not just making the 18.. Don't think it'll happen though.

croadyman

Can't decide if we should go strong and try to win game in first half or rest players and bring them off bench if result is going against us

croadyman

Elanga--Weghorst--Pellistri
    -----------------Mainoo
    -----------McTominay-Fred
    Malacia-Mengi-Maguire-Dalot
    ------------------Butland

Subs: Vitek, Williams, Iqbal, Emeran, Jurado, Hugill, Kambwala, Furson, Hansen-Aaroen
    Not a chance whatsoever

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
    Fulham and their manager can have their cup final against us. Couldn't care less

hobbers

We wont be resting more than a few. Wouldn't be surprised if the only changes from today are Shaw and Antony out.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Garnacho Weghorst Sancho
    Fred McTominay Eriksen
    Malacia Lindelof Maguire Wan bissaka
    De Gea​

Rashford, martial, Bruno, casemiro, Shaw, Varane to be rested. Fred to play because he should start the final. Sancho and wan Bissaka to develop some rhythm.

sepulturite

I hate to break it to of all of ye in here posting the ridiculous starting line ups, EtH isn't going to rest the whole first team, I can guarantee you that. Expect a very strong team.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Hard to pick the line up prediction for this. Think we’ll change quite a few of the lads. Can’t risk injury’s when we have a massive game next week. Think we’ll still win though and give the fans something to cheer about on the final game at OT.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Be mad to start people like martial/Varane who are injury prone and even Casemiro and Bruno who are our main players. I’d also keep rashford as far away from the team as possible. He’ll be massive against city.

CM10

I'm not sure about wholesale changes for this one. Maybe rotate in the odd player like Maguire but there's almost a week between this game and the cup final. That should be ample rest time, it's far more important to keep momentum and try to finish 3rd than playing fringe players.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
    Ten Hag doesn’t do wholesale changes. And he’s definitely wanna finish 3rd. So I don’t see the likes of mengi, mainoo, iqbal and pellistri starting.

DDG

Dalot
    Maguire
    Lindelof
    Malacia
    Fred
    Eriksen
    Sancho
    Bruno
    Garnacho
    Weghorst

Rest Varane, rashford, casemiro, shaw, awb,
    Martial.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
    Butland
    Dalot Maguire Lindelof Malacia
    Fred Mctominay Mainoo
    Pellistri Weghorst Garnacho​

Not bothered about 3rd place just rest everyone for the final, we can't be risking anymore injuries
    Or bookings? Do these carry into final?

Hughes35

I think rhythm is important and finishing 3rd would be great.

I'd do some rotation, but not the full hit.

I'd play the below but I think ETH will maybe go even stronger.

---------------------------------------------Butland------------------------------------
    Dalot----------------------Maguire----------------Lindelof-----------------Malacia
    ------------------------------Casemiro---------------Fred-----------------------------
    Elanga-----------------------------------Pellistri---------------------------Garnacho
    ---------------------------------------------Weghorst------------------------------------

I think that's strong enough to nick a win. Garnacho and Casemiro to score in a 2:1 win !

saivet

This is the team I'd probably go for, taking off Rashford and Bruno at around 60 minutes.

DDG
    Dalot, Maguire, Lindelof, Malacia
    McTominay, Fred
    Pellestri, Bruno, Garnacho
    Rashford
    I think ETH will probably start Casemiro instead of McTominay and Sancho ahead of Pellestri though.

I think Martial, Varane, Shaw and AWB are almost certainly going to be on the bench.

BorisManUtd

I think AWB and Varane will definitely get a rest with Dalot and Maguire starting in their places. Fred to start as well and Weghorst too.

Last OT game for Maguire and Weghorst you'd think. Shame Sabitzer got injured as he's been solid for us and deserves a nice send-off from home crowd as well.

Ballache

Supports
    Martial
    Butland
    Dalot-Maguire-VNL-Malacia
    --------------McFred-----------------
    Pellistri----Wout----Garnacho
    ---------------Elanga-----------------

Won't happen and ETH will probably start Bruno, Casemiro, Rashford and one of them will get injured.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 37% of 161 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 129 ratings.

Score Predictions