Manchester United vs. Galatasaray

Scrumpet

There are no words
Home support was amazing, no where else does any team have a group of children counting down to tell the players when the 90 mins are up.

Jaz

For our first performance in Europe for a long time, this was not bad.

If this was last season we would have conceded.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Teams go through our midfield like it doesn't exist. I'm not sure it got dominated but we get battered through the middle.

DDG, Kagawa, Nani and Vidic were the only real positives today.
I thought Carrick was very good today I thought... our midfield wasn't that bad. Ultimately, even though we weren't great... I was never overly worried, bar maybe the last 5 minutes of the first half, that Galatasary would score. Apart from the counter attack (when we should have had a pen) they didn't really create anything clear-cut (there was the shift back from the FK, but that was just poor marking from a setplay on our part)... I'd say they were unlucky, but only because they should have had 2 penalties in the game.

You've got to ask - faced with a choice, why would a United player go down, given how we take penalties?
Arf! Fair point!

wr8_utd

:'(
tough game.

That'll be Nani off penalty duties then, dear oh dear
Penalty duty is anyway on a rotation policy this year. Can't wait for Rooney to come back so we actually have someone who can put the ball in the net from the spot.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
ref missed 2 penalties for both teams, so as crap as he was atleast he was "fair" in that aspect :D

Jaap

That's six penalties missed in the row now? Nani, Hernandez, van Persie so far with Wazza missing v Barca in pre-season and two missed in the shoot-ou back then.

Sylar

So we;ve gone from not being able to take freekicks to not being able to take corners and now we can add not being able to take penalties...