Kick-off
Thu, 15 April 2021 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

UEFA has handed United a €7,000 fine for picking up five yellow cards in the first leg win. Some joke when you consider most fouls weren't yellow card offences and the ref turned a blind eye to Granadas dirty play.
    Worth it if just to rest some of our lads.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
    I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
    UEFA has handed United a €7,000 fine for picking up five yellow cards in the first leg win. Some joke when you consider most fouls weren't yellow card offences and the ref turned a blind eye to Granadas dirty play.
    Most managers would have probably tried to get their players in danger of missing a match on cards booked, so they dont miss the semi-final games.

roseguy64

Thing is most of you all are putting out fairly weak teams, if he does do that and we go out tomorrow, you'd all be complaining that he can't even beat Granada, so on the aspect he wants and the club wants trophies, I expect a much stronger side than we all expect.

Maybe Will Fish will get some minutes? Don't see why he'd been brought in considering most of our defence is either suspended or injured for this game

Will Fish is the latest Academy product to be promoted to Manchester United's Europa League squad.

The local lad has been training with the first-team group this week as defenders Harry Maguire and Luke Shaw are unavailable for the quarter-final second leg against Granada due to suspension.

Fish is a tall centre-back who has risen through the ranks at the club. Although still eligible for the Under-18s, he has been a regular in the Premier League 2 side this term under lead coach Neil Wood.

The 18-year-old has also appeared in this year's FA Youth Cup and will relish the experience of being around Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's senior squad.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/will-fish-added-to-man-utd-europa-league-squad-b-list-2021
    He's just there in case of an emergency. I doubt he'll play otherwise unless we're like 3/4 up.

roseguy64

DDG

AWB Lindelof Tuanzebe Telles

Matic McSauce
    Mata

Greenwood VDB James

Back 5 selects itself really given what is available. Hope we give Mata an appearance - also think this is an apt time to try VDB as a false nine. Alternatively it could be VDB in Mata's position, with the latter on the wing with Greenwood up front. I'd like Amad to start, but given the lack of cameos recently I can't see him starting out of nowhere.

I think Ole will go stronger than this - one of Pogba or Bruno will likely start. As long as Rashford gets a break, I'm happy.
    McTominay is injured.

I also expect both Pogba and Bruno to start instead of McT and Mata in your team and we'll sub the former two off 60-70 minutes in.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
    DDG

AWB Lindelof Tuanzebe Telles

Matic McSauce
    Mata

Greenwood VDB James

Back 5 selects itself really given what is available. Hope we give Mata an appearance - also think this is an apt time to try VDB as a false nine. Alternatively it could be VDB in Mata's position, with the latter on the wing with Greenwood up front. I'd like Amad to start, but given the lack of cameos recently I can't see him starting out of nowhere.

I think Ole will go stronger than this - one of Pogba or Bruno will likely start. As long as Rashford gets a break, I'm happy.
    McSauce is suspended.

izak

Supports
    Glory Glory Red Devils
    De gea
    Awb Lindelof Tuanzebe Telles
    Matic
    VdB Mata
    James Greenwood Amad

always_hoping

Most managers would have probably tried to get their players in danger of missing a match on cards booked, so they dont miss the semi-final games.
    Most managers focus on winning the quarter final tie before thinking about the semi finals. United lucky they didn't get a number of players injured. Stronger ref required for this 2nd leg.

UnofficialDevil

Most managers focus on winning the quarter final tie before thinking about the semi finals. United lucky they didn't get a number of players injured. Stronger ref required for this 2nd leg.
    It's actually very common to purposely get players booked in cup games to miss a much easier match than the ones that are coming up. It's been done many times by many managers. For us, it makes perfect sense to have Maguire and Shaw miss the second leg against Granada than any of the semi-final matches.
    It worked out well for us. Not saying we did it on purpose.

always_hoping

It's actually very common to purposely get players booked in cup games to miss a much easier match than the ones that are coming up. It's been done many times by many managers. For us, it makes perfect sense to have Maguire and Shaw miss the second leg against Granada than any of the semi-final matches.
    It worked out well for us. Not saying we did it on purpose.
    We'll know that on Thursday about 10pm. Hopefully Tuanzebe, Telles perform well in their absence.

Gator Nate

On that ref thing, I keep thinking there's no way they could dig up anyone worse that that last one. Then I think: This is UEFA and the Europa League. Never say never.

always_hoping

Easily, Grenada is a such a low quality team, and we have got two away goals.
    I'd take nothing for granted. Especially after what happened in Istanbul this season. Sheffield United won in Old Trafford this season with Tuanzebe, Telles starting in defence.
    He gave a us nice soft penalty though, no complaints there?
    It was penalty according to the rules and he didn't give it, VAR did.

CasaStreets

No idea why some of you want to rest anyone. With the suspensions, we will already be starting with 3 subs, including our two most important defenders. We haven’t won a trophy in years, the winners of this cup make an extra $5mm, we are much worse at home than away, and have nothing to play for in any other competition.

Bottom line for me is that from now until the end of the season, our next Europa game should always be considered our most important game remaining. Lineup should reflect that. If we have it in the bag at 45 or 60min mark, then make changes.

Shimo

After the results over the weekend, why is anyone suggesting any kind of rest for this game? This is the one game we need to make absolute damn sure that we don't lose. Rest for Burnley if need be, not to mention we then do finally have a week with no mid week games. Play strong a side as possible for this.

DDG, AWB, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Telles, Matic, Fred, Pogba, Bruno, James, Cavani, Greenwood.

Give VDB / Amad a chance on the weekend.

UnofficialDevil

I'd take nothing for granted. Especially after what happened in Istanbul this season. Sheffield United won in Old Trafford this season with Tuanzebe, Telles starting in defence.

It was penalty according to the rules and he didn't give it, VAR did.
    He gave the penalty. VAR didn't overturn it.

Ayrshire Red

DDG
    Williams Tuanzebe Lindelof Telles
    Fred Matic
    Mata VDB James
    Cavani​

All going well, Amad on at half time. An early goal and kill off the tie.

Lappen

I see many talking about the ref snd thar he was very poor. And I couldn't agree more. But is it not horribly common that the ref don't see for example when players go down to easy when they feel the ball is lost. Tottenham game was the same. My point is that I don't think its just a smaller league ref problem. Im sure Im wrong, but it feels like some refs didn't play football themself earlier and don't have the feeling you have when you actually been kicked ore "hit" with a finger on the cheek.
    Yesterday I was surprised when the ref didn't felt for the "easy falling" in the Liv-RM game. The game had a great flow because of it....
    And my surprised feeling is kind of a bit telling, at least for me.

We will win this game despite of a lot of changes in the team. But I don't expect a second half tottenham performens... more of a first half performens. Greenwood score the only goal in the game :0)

Ayrshire Red

Bit of a pedestrian midfield there apart from Fred.
    Not much in the way off availability in there with McTominay suspended and Axel, who could play in there, covering Maguire absence. Suppose you could drop Donny into centre, but would rather see Bruno and Pogba get rests. That 11 will have enough to win with a 2 goal head start. Would maybe start Greenwood up front over Cavani, but getting him minutes might help improve chances of extending his deal.

Havak

Pokemon master
    I think that only Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, and Pogba will start from the side that started against Spurs (maybe Fred too). De Gea should come in for Henderson to stay sharp. Tuanzebe has to play as Maguire is suspended and Bailly isn't available.

Midfield is the tricky one, but I think this is our last chance to rest Bruno this season (unless we cement 2nd place quickly and can afford to leave him out of a League game around the time of the Semi Finals, assuming we get through).

I'd like us to start with something like this:

de Gea
    Wan-Bissaka Tuanzebe Lindelof Telles
    Pogba(c) Matic Fred
    Van de Beek Greenwood James
    ---
    Henderson; Williams; Mata, Bruno, Amad, Shoretire; Elanga, Cavani​

Nickosaur

I think that only Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, and Pogba will start from the side that started against Spurs (maybe Fred too). De Gea should come in for Henderson to stay sharp. Tuanzebe has to play as Maguire is suspended and Bailly isn't available.

Midfield is the tricky one, but I think this is our last chance to rest Bruno this season (unless we cement 2nd place quickly and can afford to leave him out of a League game around the time of the Semi Finals, assuming we get through).

I'd like us to start with something like this:

de Gea
    Wan-Bissaka Tuanzebe Lindelof Telles
    Pogba(c) Matic Fred
    Van de Beek Greenwood James
    ---
    Henderson; Williams; Mata, Bruno, Amad, Shoretire; Elanga, Cavani​
    But we're going for the title!

yamo123x

i reckon Ole will play this

De gea

AWB AXEL LINDELOF TELLES

MATIC FRED VDB

MATA GREENWOOD JAMES

subs- pogba, fernandes, fish, grant, williams, elanga, amad, cavani

Matriac

Want us to line up strong, like we did against Real Sociedad. It is a European quarter-final, and top4 in the Prem is pretty guaranteed.
    Just control and kill the game. A boring 0-0 at half is great, a goal even better. Then slowly take off Bruno, Pogba, Cavani in second half.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 160 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Granada win
  • Draw