Kick-off
Sat, 29 November 2014 @ 3:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 59 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Northern Tiger

If we get an early goal, we could score three or four I reckon, and we've been a lot better at coming out of the traps at home under LVG, as opposed to the flat, imageless starts last season.
    Whilst I don't think we will get a positive result I also am confident we will not get hammered. We've only conceded 4 once since we've returned to the Prem.

The White Pele

Would be nice to win by more than the odd goal and to keep a clean sheet aswell. Would take any win though.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    Whilst I don't think we will get a positive result I also am confident we will not get hammered. We've only conceded 4 once since we've returned to the Prem.
    I agree. I think a big win is unlikely, I think we will control the game and win by a couple though.

aosmdee

Surely Herrera to start this one?? I think he is one of the best players we have signed this summer; he is a joy to watch play. Only Mata and Blind beating him in pass accuracy% (He is sitting at 88%, Mata 91%, Blind 89%).

Manucho the boss

Would be great to see some signs of us developing our attacking game this weekend. Now that we're through our "test" as VG called it (Chelsea, city and Arsenal) I'd like to see us pick a more exciting line up, maybe leave Fellaini out, and try create more chances. We haven't been managing many shots on goal recently.

darren1991

I reckon if Wilson plays from the start, he will give the team a new energy right from kick-off. He will be giving 110% and that will rub off on the players and also give the fans a lift! When that happens at OT we usually score early, and when we score early we often go on to score 3 or 4... Well not necessarily in the last two seasons but that's where Wilson will hopefully give that energy to take the game to Hull and smash em!

I hope i'm right :D

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
    We will terrorize them the first 15 minutes, miss 1 or 2 really good chances and Hull will sort themselves out in their 532 defensive system. We'll find it hard to score until Mata scores a beauty freekick and after that the floodgates will open! :angel:

superdry

touched by a genius
    The score's unimportant, a win ( of course ) but I want to come out of the game feeling as confident as I'm going into it.

Pexbo

Supports
    Big Days
    We will terrorize them the first 15 minutes, miss 1 or 2 really good chances and Hull will sort themselves out in their 532 defensive system. We'll find it hard to score until Mata scores a beauty freekick and after that the floodgates will open! :angel:
    Can you spoiler that please.

Ixion

Looking forward to this. Falcao is back and wants to show what he can do, Van Persie has a point to prove, Rooney is on fire and Wilson might get a chance today as well. All our strikers itching to get a goal and then Mata aswell who looked great when he came on last time. Just don't defend like morons and we should win comfortabley.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    It would be nice to play exciting football, win big and be Sky's main match... meantime have to be hapy with being 5 Live's 3pm commentary game. The chance of finding a stream that actually works on my laptop is as slim as ever!

gonzy

Can we put more than 3 goals past them please!
    No fecking about this time hopefully. Is falcao back?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
    Stevenage
    That was no grammar lesson. That was just me trying to get a clarification so that the conversation could go on in the right direction.

Everyone has a different view on who the best player is and where he should be playing.
    But you seem to want me to guess who you think the best player is and where his best positions is, instead of just telling me.
    This conversation would go much easier if you didn't have me guessing what you think.

But I'll guess you're talking about di Maria.
    Then we clearly have a different view on how to use him, or even how we should play.

You can't just put a player like di Maria in one position and say "here is your best position, therefor you should always play here". He is a player that can offer you different types of qualities in different positions.

When we play 4-3-3 he could play as one of the middle three or as one of the wingers. In both of those positions, he's one of the best in the world.

But as my first post was about 3-4-3 / 3-4-1-2 (or whatever you want to call it) and thats where you reacted, I'll try to explain my thoughts on that.

Did you watch the World Cup? And especially Robben?
    When I look at the formation and how van Gaal uses his players in that, I think di Maria could do what Robben did for the Netherlands.
    With di Maria further up the pitch we have someone who can run in behind the defenders. Use the space between the centre back and the fullback. We have someone who is dangerous on the counter attacks and that's something we have missed since Ronaldo left.

With Carrick and Herrera in the middle we have one who can spot the longer balls behind the defenders and one who has quick passing and movement. Herrera's forward runs into the box is something we need, especially against weaker teams.
    Di Maria as the wider left-forward offers you speed, runs behind the defence and is one that can hit a good cross.
    Mata in the middle as the playmaker and Rooney as the wider right-sided forward.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

If you however think that a attacking position in this formation has to be played by a forward, like van Persie or Falcao, I suggest you take another look at how van Gaal uses his forward players in this formation.
    The day you get promoted will be a dark one, i don't believe you are as stupid as you portray.. Our best player isn't a choice, its ADM and even if that was difficult I said he is being played out of position, u then dressed it's dramatised it and tried splitting it up and taking it out of context, you understood my first post and are trying to fasecious

Kant-ona

Somehow I am always optimistic when this whole advent season stuff is taking off and we finally hear the "12 Cantonas" at full volume.

It's just time for a nice, poetic, uncomplicated, stirring, auspicious, elegant, hormones of happiness releasing...

4:0.

1:0 Rooney
    2:0 Rooney
    3:0 Herrera
    4:0 Falcao

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
    Hull have some decent players but Abel missing takes a lot of pace out of their attack. I feel very confident about this. Hopefully we start on the front foot. 3-1

Raptori

Special needs
    Any last minute team news? Cannot wait for this game to start :devil:

Raptori

Special needs
    3rs 9 minutes til you can get an answer to that.
    Haha I guess, though really I meant anything that might mean changes to lineup predictions - we seem to keep getting players injured a day or two before games so it's been hard to tell who is really available. Completely forgot that I'm 2 hours ahead of the UK for a while there... thought it was almost 2 hours before kick off, now I have two extra hours to wait :(

Clas Sified

I hate 2am kick offs. I never know whether to stay up until 2 or sleep and wake up. Preferred choice is sleeping but I sometimes can't wake up. One of the only bad things about living in Australia.

Raptori

Special needs
    I hate 2am kick offs. I never know whether to stay up until 2 or sleep and wake up. Preferred choice is sleeping but I sometimes can't wake up. One of the only bad things about living in Australia.
    Best solution: become nocturnal ;)

Know how you feel though, always have that dilemma when I go to Aus. I usually stayed awake until after the game, since missing out on the match is worse than missing out on some sleep for me :)

Aussie_Red_Devil

Yep worst time for a kick off. But I'm pretty drunk right now so gonna IQ it and watch it in the morning.

Jaxa

I am happy LVG mentioned RvP had a poor game against Arsenal but I think he will be started today as a kind of last chance before he is dropped until he improves his form, I think those comments can help RvP though and would love him to score a few today!

The White Pele

Because some of the players carried Falcao on to the training field and a photographer was on hand to capture it.
    Ah, very good. I suppose my question should have been "Why is Falcao frequently carried onto the training field?".

imperi

I am happy LVG mentioned RvP had a poor game against Arsenal but I think he will be started today as a kind of last chance before he is dropped until he improves his form, I think those comments can help RvP though and would love him to score a few today!
    Rvp will start and I wouldn't be surprised if Falcao started on the bench to get a sub round the 70th minute. I hope RvP will have a good game and get a few goals, he needs it, but more important we need RvP in topform for the coming months.

Dazzmondo

Final Predicted Line-up:
    ______________________________________________________________________________

1. de Gea

25. Valencia 12. Smalling 33. Mc Nair 42. Blackett

16. Carrick
    31. Fellaini 7. di Maria
    10. Rooney

20. van Persie 49. Wilson

_______________________________________________________________________________

Bench:
    13. Lindegaard, 5. Rojo, 18. Young, 21. Herrera, 8. Mata, 11. Januzaj, 9. Falcao

Predicted Score: Man Utd 5
    -0 Hull
    Scorers: (Wilson, Rooney X2, di Maria, Falcao)​

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
    Yep worst time for a kick off. But I'm pretty drunk right now so gonna IQ it and watch it in the morning.
    Don't know how you Aussies do it. That's some dedication right there and you've still got some people saying Aussies/Indians/Yanks etc. are not proper United fans.

If it was me, I'd probably record it too but don't know how long that'd last as if it ain't live, I'd rather know the result first before watching it. Not sure why.

Loublaze

ATLien
    2 a.m is nothing to me...are you an old man? :p

Pexbo

Supports
    Big Days
    I'm going down to the hostel common room to watch it on foxtel later. Apparently it's pretty busy on weekend games though and there's a few scousers so it'll likely be channel flicking which is fraustrating.

vibe

My final predicted lineup... unfortunately.

De Gea
    - McNair - Smalling - Blackett -
    Valencia - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - Young
    - Carrick -
    - Fellaini - Di Maria -
    - Rooney -
    - van Persie-​

A 3 at the back with wingbacks is all but guaranteed for this one. It should be enough for a win against Hull, though.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
    De Gea
    Valencia-McNair-Smalling-------Blackett
    ---------------Carrick-------------------
    --------Fellaini----------di Maria
    -----------------Mata--------
    --------Rooney------Wilson/RVP, lets keep Blackett away from the centrum please, just dont trust him there.

LARulz

I want this game to hurry up. I'm hopeful we'll smash them but our defence is still worrying me

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
    I was looking forward to watching this but I see Setanta is showing Liverpool-Stoke instead. They really are shithouses, aren't they? Eurgh... And when you've got Pool, United or Arsenal playing at 3pm, they decide to show Southampton-Newcastle, Palace-West Brom or Southampton-Sunderland instead (they got lucky with the last one!) No wonder they went bust.

iAm20Legend

I hope we win this game, it's vital to our momentum. Can't afford to throw it away.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 479 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Hull City win
  • Draw