I went for

De Gea
    McNair Smalling Blackett
    Valencia Carrick Fellaini Young
    Mata
    Rooney Di Maria

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
    The day you get promoted will be a dark one, i don't believe you are as stupid as you portray.. Our best player isn't a choice, its ADM and even if that was difficult I said he is being played out of position, u then dressed it's dramatised it and tried splitting it up and taking it out of context, you understood my first post and are trying to fasecious
    Actually it is a choice, it can be either one of Di Maria, RVP, Rooney, Falcao or even De Gea. Di Maria was the best of the bunch last season but if you go back 3-4 years RVP, Rooney and Falcao have all been better than Di Maria.

iAm20Legend

I'm nervous about 3 in the back. Haven't watched any of Hull's games this season, what are they like ? Do they have pacey/physical wingers ? If they do, it'll be a rough ride again :rolleyes:

gonzy

Haha I guess, though really I meant anything that might mean changes to lineup predictions - we seem to keep getting players injured a day or two before games so it's been hard to tell who is really available. Completely forgot that I'm 2 hours ahead of the UK for a while there... thought it was almost 2 hours before kick off, now I have two extra hours to wait :(
    It has already started in the UK? ;)

Dylan94

Right, so what's going on with the back 4 carousel this week? Who's fit and who's injured?

Manucho the boss

Hull didn't impress at all when they went away to Liverpool. Even at their worst Liverpool should have scored 3 or 4, Balotelli missed several sitters. Abel Hernandez was their only threat at the other end and he's missing today. I think we take it 4-0 in a similar game to the QPR one.

Dylan94

Hull didn't impress at all when they went away to Liverpool. Even at their worst Liverpool should have scored 3 or 4, Balotelli missed several sitters. Abel Hernandez was their only threat at the other end and he's missing today. I think we take it 4-0 in a similar game to the QPR one.
    I hope so. Although right now, I don't care how many goals we score or even concede if it comes to it. The result was the most important thing last weekend, and it is in in these next few games too. We need to get on a run of winning form. I'll take a 1-0 today as long as we win. But we do have to win, and I'm not having any excuses today if we don't bar some outrageous refereeing decisions. No offence to them but this is Hull, at home. This should be a bread and butter game for us in spite of our current injuries.

SirAF

Ageist

de Gea

Smalling McNair Blackett
    Valencia Carrick Young
    Herrera di Maria
    Rooney
    Wilson

ish

Edit: Format is fecked, but Valencia/Young are obviously wing backs while Carrick is the DM.

Glanville95

My lineup:

de Gea
    Valencia - Smalling - Evans - Blackett
    Carrick
    Herrera - di Maria
    Mata
    Wilson - Rooney (c)

Subs: Lindegaard, McNair, Rojo, Fellaini, Young, Januzaj, Falcao
    Now, not exactly what I expect the lineup to be, as there are a few contentious selections in there, but it's what I'd like to see with fixtures on the immediate horizon and with a lessened injury list.

Starting with the defence. It's probably quite harsh on McNair to omit him from the team, especially when he has arguably been our standout centre back and with Evans out injured for so long, but I don't like the notion of the left-side of defence being comprised of him and Blackett, as two very inexperienced and still susceptible defenders. Smalling's position on the right is on-negotiable given his ability on the ball IMO and he should be a certainty to start. I don't really like Blackett at leftback either, but I prefer the thought of seeing him there than as part of a three-man defence.

With a midfield diamond, we were able to showcase our most fluid, progressive football to date, but a consequence of that was also being far too open and vulnerable on the break. The only difference between that midfield four is Carrick in place of Blind who is perhaps positionally superior and more physical, but he doesn't have the same energy or mobility as Blind (which even he lacks). Herrera is absolutely essential in this game and I would save Fellaini for the Stoke game with probably Mata missing out.

Upfront, Wilson hasn't exactly earned a start, but he's looked far more impressive in his breif cameos than van Persie has for 70 or 80 minutes. The latter has to be dropped and I wouldn't be bothered if he isn't even on the bench considering three players are returning. Just give him an extended break, as clearly, trying to 'play him into form' isn't working. Wilson scored two against Hull last year, so that's quite a good incentive for him to start.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    I think my prediction was:

DDG

Evans Smalling Blacket
    Valencia - Carrick - Fellaini - Rojo
    Rooney
    Wilson - Van Persie

Edit- surely I didn't forget Di Maria... Loading the laptop to make sure haha​

Last edited:

Dylan94

I said this before the Palace and Arsenal games and I'm going to say it again for this one. This is not a game for Fellaini. Hull hardly have any tall or physical players. Mata and or Herrera should play instead.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
    I said this before the Palace and Arsenal games and I'm going to say it again for this one. This is not a game for Fellaini. Hull hardly have any tall or physical players. Mata and or Herrera should play instead.
    I have no objections to him starting, having an arial threat against a small team isn't exactly a negative. I'd prefer to see Herrera given a game though, perhaps even Herrera and Fellaini starting together with Carrick on the bench.

Manucho the boss

Unless they've shrunk they have quite a few I would have thought. Dawson, Davies, Huddlestone, Diame and Jelavic are all 6'2" or so, Elmo and Livermore are physical players too.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
    My prediction:

De Gea

Valencia
    Smalling
    McNair
    Blackett

Fellaini
    Carrick

Herrera
    Rooney
    Di Maria

van Persie

Subs: Mata, Januzaj, Falcao

MiceOnMeth

a front three of Rooney(in the hole), Falcao and Wilson would make my weekend :drool:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    I think Evans and Rojo might make surprise starts.

Rojo as a LWB though in a 3412 with Evans - Smalling - Blackett as the CBs.

RedSRM

Right, so what's going on with the back 4 carousel this week? Who's fit and who's injured?
    Might as well pick 4 names out of a hat. Another one of them is injured every couple of days.

RedSRM

I didn't submit a lineup prediction, all I will say is don't start Van Persie. There's absolutely no point when his contribution has been so weak recently. There are other players who can come in (Mata, Januzaj, Wilson, Falcao, Herrera) and will be desperate for some time on the pitch.

jaimoe

I didn't submit a lineup prediction, all I will say is don't start Van Persie. There's absolutely no point when his contribution has been so weak recently. There are other players who can come in (Mata, Januzaj, Wilson, Falcao, Herrera) and will be desperate for some time on the pitch.
    A little time on the pine might be just what the doctor ordered to wake up RVP. I don't have him starting either.

Tarrou

I'd quite like to see RVP rested with Herrera coming in, pushing Rooney up front.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 479 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Hull City win
  • Draw