Manchester United vs Kristiansund BK (Tue 30th July, 18:00 UK time)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Venue: Ullevaal Stadium, Oslo, Norway
Kick off time: 19:00 local, 18:00 UK
Channel: MUTV

Who are Kristiansund?
The club, named after the town in which it was formed, is located on the western Norwegian coast. Kristiansund play in Norway’s top flight, the Eliteserien, and are currently enjoying their third year in the division. The side were only formed in 2003, when they merged Kristiansund FK and Clausenengen FK (Ole’s former side) together to create one Kristiansund-based team. Therefore, Solskjaer has never technically played for the club, whose nickname is the Owls.

United squad:

Goalkeepers: David De Gea, Lee Grant, Joel Pereira, Sergio Romero

Defenders: Diogo Dalot, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Eric Bailly, Phil Jones, Victor Lindelof, Marcos Rojo, Chris Smalling, Axel Tuanzebe, Luke Shaw, Ashley Young, Matteo Darmian

Midfielders: Tahith Chong, James Garner, Angel Gomes, Daniel James, Jesse Lingard, Nemanja Matic, Juan Mata, Scott McTominay, Andreas Pereira, Paul Pogba, Fred

Forwards: Mason Greenwood, Romelu Lukaku, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford

Tiber

Surprised we are going to Norway to play anyone other than Molde, but looking forward to this. Its nice having games at sociable hours this preseason, the US tours are crap

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Surprised we are going to Norway to play anyone other than Molde, but looking forward to this. Its nice having games at sociable hours this preseason, the US tours are crap
They're busy playing EL qualifiers. Would be fun if we got them in the group stages.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pereira
Dalot Tuanzebe Jones Young
Garner Pereira
James Gomes Chong
Greenwood

De Gea
Wan Bissaka Smalling Lindelof Shaw
McTominay Pogba
Mata Lingard Martial
Rashford​

Something like this, think the younger guys are going to get a lot more minutes here.

Web of Bissaka

Games = 4
Goals = 9
Assists = 7
Clean Sheets = 3
Goal Conceded = 1

Goals
1. Rashford, Greenwood, Martial | 2
2. Gomes, Garner, Jones | 1

Assists
1. Andreas Pereira | 2
2. Pogba, McTominay, Mata, Chong, AWB | 1

podurban2

Pereira
Dalot Tuanzebe Jones Young
Garner Pereira
James Gomes Chong
Greenwood

De Gea
Wan Bissaka Smalling Lindelof Shaw
McTominay Pogba
Mata Lingard Martial
Rashford​

Something like this, think the younger guys are going to get a lot more minutes here.
Surely Fred will play ahead of Garner, otherwise looks good.

RedDevilRoshi

Reckon the team that will start against Chelsea will get at least 65-70 mins in this game.

Walters_19_MuFc

We've only got a couple of games left of pre season, so I can see Ole playing what he feels is close to his starting XI vs Chelsea.

Martial
Rashford Lingard James
Fred Pogba
Shaw Lindelof Smalling Wan-Bissaka
De Gea​

Dve

Kristi
Kristiansund is Ole’s home town.

ReddBalls

Scary - I didn't know that Claus Lundekvam was a close relative of hers. Despicable man Claus...don't like him!
Why? Because he fecked up everything for himself after his career was over? You should read his autobiography. It's both interesting and well written. It will also give you an insight into mental problems and addiction. Lundekvam has been to some really dark places.

Reactions: jojojo

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Why? Because he fecked up everything for himself after his career was over? You should read his autobiography. It's both interesting and well written. It will also give you an insight into mental problems and addiction. Lundekvam has been to some really dark places.
Do you know if he's ok now? He suddenly disappeared from the tv-screen.

targetman

given Ole's contacts with Kristiansund, it could be that they will set up a certain way, to prepare us for certain game situations.

ReddBalls

Do you know if he's ok now? He suddenly disappeared from the tv-screen.
He went to a clinic for people with severe mental and addiction problems after he disappeared from TV. He wrote the book shortly after, as he felt treated. Judging from his story though, he will probably struggle for the rest of his life. I don't know how he's doing now.

I strongly recommend the book, btw. Far more interesting than most footballers autobiographies.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Looking forward to this game as like others I believe that will show us who starts against Chelsea, ie, his first XI and whether that comprises of names or performances, James & Greenwood have outperformed Jesse considerably, let's see who starts..

It's difficult to know how to start, back 5 picks itself now when fit but I feel Rashford, Martial, James & Greenwood should start but other than a 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2, it's hard to know how they will start, assuming Solskjaer will want his 4-2-3-1 system then none of those can play the 10 properly without shoehorning. Martial has been the best #9 on tour, James & Rashford have both been very good but Rashford has shown more so I'd give him the left wing and James the right to see how he deals with it as we don't have a top right winger.

I wnat to start Greenwood but don't know what he's like in the 10, not a fan of lingard, I'd like to see Gomes but understand him going with Mata, has anyone seen Greenwood play the 10? or feel as though Martial and Greenwood could exchange the 9/10 slots during the game?

Obviously Pogba and Mctominay are the 2...

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He went to a clinic for people with severe mental and addiction problems after he disappeared from TV. He wrote the book shortly after, as he felt treated. Judging from his story though, he will probably struggle for the rest of his life. I don't know how he's doing now.

I strongly recommend the book, btw. Far more interesting than most footballers autobiographies.
Thanks. I obviously know about his struggles with drugs at Soton but thought he had his life back on track with the tv gig and all.

Lemansky

Scary - I didn't know that Claus Lundekvam was a close relative of hers. Despicable man Claus...don't like him!
You can say a lot about Claus but he ain’t despicable. Sure he has hurt a lot of people close to him, but he is an addict with mental issues. People I have talked to that have interacted with him don’t have many bad words about him.

Walters_19_MuFc

Looking forward to this game as like others I believe that will show us who starts against Chelsea, ie, his first XI and whether that comprises of names or performances, James & Greenwood have outperformed Jesse considerably, let's see who starts..

It's difficult to know how to start, back 5 picks itself now when fit but I feel Rashford, Martial, James & Greenwood should start but other than a 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2, it's hard to know how they will start, assuming Solskjaer will want his 4-2-3-1 system then none of those can play the 10 properly without shoehorning. Martial has been the best #9 on tour, James & Rashford have both been very good but Rashford has shown more so I'd give him the left wing and James the right to see how he deals with it as we don't have a top right winger.

I wnat to start Greenwood but don't know what he's like in the 10, not a fan of lingard, I'd like to see Gomes but understand him going with Mata, has anyone seen Greenwood play the 10? or feel as though Martial and Greenwood could exchange the 9/10 slots during the game?

Obviously Pogba and Mctominay are the 2...
Why would you not start Greenwood on the right? I personally feel he's been our best right winger on tour and looks so much more natural on the right than the others.

As for number 10, its a tough one.

Lingard - presses fantastically and suits the way Ole wants us to play off the ball, but nowhere near creative enough.

Mata - good on the ball. Has good vision and has a creative eye, but doesn't press with enough intensity.

Pereira - an interesting one. Has been with us a while now and has yet to stamp down a position, but I was kind of impressed with him against Spurs as a 10. Got a bit of Lingard and Mata in him, in that he presses very well but also has an eye for a pass, although inconsistent. Has a mean streak in him aswell which I like.

Gomes - Shown glimpses of excellence, but hasn't played much down the middle.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Why would you not start Greenwood on the right? I personally feel he's been our best right winger on tour and looks so much more natural on the right than the others.

As for number 10, its a tough one.

Lingard - presses fantastically and suits the way Ole wants us to play off the ball, but nowhere near creative enough.

Mata - good on the ball. Has good vision and has a creative eye, but doesn't press with enough intensity.

Pereira - an interesting one. Has been with us a while now and has yet to stamp down a position, but I was kind of impressed with him against Spurs as a 10. Got a bit of Lingard and Mata in him, in that he presses very well but also has an eye for a pass, although inconsistent. Has a mean streak in him aswell which I like.

Gomes - Shown glimpses of excellence, but hasn't played much down the middle.
I don't think the 4-2-3-1 gets the best out of our form players let me say firstly, I'd prefer a 4-2-2-2 but I digress, if we assume it's a 4-2-3-1 I have no issue with Greenwood on the right but I feel half of what has hampered Rashford and Martial is playing them as wingers when they are clearly #9's.

Perhaps if we push Pogba up and play a pivot of Pereira and Mctominay with Greenwood/ James, Pogba & Rashford behind Martial.

I'd personally blood Gomes as I think he has a ceiling others don't but that relies on giving him time and trusting in him...

I still can't stop looking at this though...

--------Mctominay Pogba
James---------------------Rashford
-------Greenwood Martial

RedDevilRoshi

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka
Smalling
Lindelof
Shaw

McTominay
Pogba

Greenwood