Wed, 5 August 2020 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Havak

Pokemon master
    Wasn’t that long a holiday for the first XI.
    I thought OGS would have allowed them to stay away for LASK.
    I said it earlier in the thread, I expected the main first choice players to only get a week off and join training on August 3rd (today). It's a little surprising they were brought back on the Saturday. I still think almost none of them will be in the squad for the game though. I would have also thought there was no training yesterday? One extra day of training is probably fine.

Is this still 9-man bench and 5 substitutions?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
    Supports
    USA Manchester Red Socks
    Want to see Garner and Levitt feature at some point during this match.
    Love watching Garner's nimble footwork in the centre.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    I suspect we will see something like this

Romero

laird, ( 2 cbs ) Williams

mctominay / fred

chong, mata, James, Ighalo

USREDEVIL

This is going to be a terrible game to watch i reckon with a lot of players thrown into the first 11 that haven't played together, and probably not a lot of risk taking on our end, maybe not a ton of effort either. But if we can see a couple of the youngsters play then it'll be worth it.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
    Think a wee 0-0 is on the cards here. We'll rotate, but as bad as LASK were in the first game they'll not what to be annihilated over two legs and I can see them going pretty defensive here. Hopefully the likes of Maguire, Pogba, Fernandes, AM, Rashy are all rested - at worst one or two on the bench but definitely shouldn't be needed.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
    Are the following games after this to be over 1 single match instead of 2 legs?
    Yes. Even the other ties in this round that haven't seen a first leg played pre-lockdown are 1 match.

dalriada

Not eligible. United did not include him in the A list. Here are the players eligible to play:

A LIST
    Eric Bailly, Diogo Dalot, David De Gea, Bruno Fernandes, Fred, Odion Ighalo, Daniel James, Matej Kovar, Victor Lindelof, Anthony Martial, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic, Sergio Romero.

CLUB TRAINED
    Jesse Lingard, Scott McTominay, Andreas Pereira, Paul Pogba, Marcus Rashford, Luke Shaw, Axel Tuanzebe.

ASSOCIATION TRAINED
    Nathan Bishop, Lee Grant, Phil Jones, Harry Maguire, Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

B LIST
    Ethan Laird, Max Taylor, Brandon Williams, Di'Shon Bernard, Teden Mengi, Angel Gomes, James Garner, Arnau Puigmal, Largie Ramazani, Dylan Levitt, Mason Greenwood, Tahith Chong, D'Mani Mellor.

Strike-through players left us. Other red font players are injured.

Mini-injury crisis in defence. Could see a few U-23s played there.

PS: "Timothy Fosu-Mensah is a notable omission from the squad, according to UEFA's website, but he qualifies as a B-List player so could still feature in the knockout stages."

TFM qualifies for the B-List because although 22, he's officially still an U-21 player according to the rules as he was born : 2-Jan-1998. he was only 20 on 1-Jan-2019. At the start of the year when the season began he was under 21 - which is the qualifying rule for U-21s.
    Bailly was on the bench for the Leicester game, so guessing he'll be ready by now.

Bwuk

Romero
    Laird - Bailly - Mengi - Williams
    McTominay - Fred
    Chong - Mata - James
    Ighalo​

Maybe Jesse for Chong. Stronger than I would go with but it's what i think we'll see.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
    Manchester United have confirmed an updated 30-man squad for the Europa League ahead of Wednesday's home game with LASK.
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has made some alterations to the group on the eve of the second leg of the round-of-16 clash with the Austrian outfit. The Reds lead 5-0 on aggregate and will wear our new adidas home kit for the first time in the 20:00 kick-off at Old Trafford.
    Phil Jones has been named despite being sidelined since the restart but Luke Shaw and Axel Tuanzebe, who have already been ruled out for the season, have not been included.
    Youth-team skipper Teden Mengi is on the list, with the no.71 shirt number, after stepping up to train with the senior squad. The centre-back provides extra cover at the back and is joined by fellow defender Ethan Laird, who has already appeared twice in the competition this season.
    Northern Ireland international Ethan Galbraith, who came on as a substitute in the away game with Astana last year, is one of 11 midfielders in the squad.
    Tim Fosu-Mensah is also selected after breaking into the side towards the end of the Premier League campaign.

FULL SQUAD
    Goalkeepers:
    David De Gea, Sergio Romero, Lee Grant, Nathan Bishop.
    Defenders: Eric Bailly, Diogo Dalot, Tim Fosu-Mensah, Phil Jones, Ethan Laird, Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Teden Mengi, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Brandon Williams.
    Midfielders: Andreas Pereira, Bruno Fernandes, Fred, Ethan Galbraith, James Garner, Daniel James, Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay, Paul Pogba.
    Forwards: Tahith Chong, Mason Greenwood, Odion Ighalo, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
    Press conference started, Ole and Jesse talking. Ole said Jesse is starting tomorrow. Team will not be much different from that one against Lask first game
    Jesse said about 10 times that he wants to impress the manager.

Mickson

Press conference started, Ole and Jesse talking. Ole said Jesse is starting tomorrow. Team will not be much different from that one against Lask first game
    As I expected. It will be a fecking snooze-fest with Pereira, Mata, Lingard walking around playing one-twos. The worst part? I see no reason to even play some of them.

Shark

@NotShark
    For all of Ole's ruthlessness when it came to selling Fellaini, Lukaku, Sanchez ect. it's quite weird that he continues to give this pretender every chance and then some more to succeed here. I really don't get it.

King Andow

For all of Ole's ruthlessness when it came to selling Fellaini, Lukaku, Sanchez ect. it's quite weird that he continues to give this pretender every chance and then some more to succeed here. I really don't get it.
    Bubbly local lad that gets the club.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Maybe because Lingard at his best is a useful squad player. We should sell him though. He's been awful for too long

Web of Bissaka

FULL SQUAD
    Goalkeepers:
    David De Gea, Sergio Romero, Lee Grant, Nathan Bishop.
    Defenders: Eric Bailly, Diogo Dalot, Tim Fosu-Mensah, Phil Jones, Ethan Laird, Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Teden Mengi, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Brandon Williams.
    Midfielders: Andreas Pereira, Bruno Fernandes, Fred, Ethan Galbraith, James Garner, Daniel James, Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay, Paul Pogba.
    Forwards: Tahith Chong, Mason Greenwood, Odion Ighalo, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford.
    GK: Romero or Bishop
    DEF: Bailly, Dalot, Fosu-Mensah, Jones, Laird, Mengi
    MID: Pereira, Fred, Galbraith, Garner, James, Lingard, Mata, McTominay
    FWD: Chong, Ighalo

I'll be surprise if the best 11 and Grant play.

In Rainbows

I just want Laird and Garner to get good minutes. And actually, some minutes to Greenwood so he can get goals.

Based Adnan

Unfortunately Ole seems to love Lingard to death and is open to giving him chance after chance. I suspect he'll still be here next season.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
    As I expected. It will be a fecking snooze-fest with Pereira, Mata, Lingard walking around playing one-twos. The worst part? I see no reason to even play some of them.
    You’ve gotta play them to sell them. If they can’t get a game here, who is going to offer cash for them?

UnrelatedPsuedo

Unfortunately Ole seems to love Lingard to death and is open to giving him chance after chance. I suspect he'll still be here next season.
    You’ve gotta stick by these young players. They will have periods of bad form. Sometimes long periods. But Ole has been great with our young players. Jesse just needs support and opportunity.of course white text

Mickson

You’ve gotta play them to sell them. If they can’t get a game here, who is going to offer cash for them?
    Lingard has played 38 times this season, Pereira 39. This game won't make any difference. We're not getting anything from Mata anyway, and his reputation isn't affected by this game by any means. You won't find a good reason for playing them.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Lingard has played 38 times this season, Pereira 39. This game won't make any difference. We're not getting anything from Mata anyway, and his reputation isn't affected by this game by any means. You won't find a good reason for playing them.
    They’ve played a handful of minutes since lockdown. Teams will want to know they’re fit. Nobody is going to raise expectations of how good they are, but there’s obviously a reason to play them.

Mickson

They’ve played a handful of minutes since lockdown. Teams will want to know they’re fit. Nobody is going to raise expectations of how good they are, but there’s obviously a reason to play them.
    I see your point, I just don't think that will matter. At all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 164 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • LASK win
  • Draw