bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Basically a friendly, but thinking we'll go something like:
    Romero
    Laird Bailly Mengi TFM
    McTominay Fred
    Lingard Mata James
    Ighalo​

Garner, Pereira, Chong, Dalot to be the subs.
    Main 11 who none should even be subbed on is Ddg, AWB, lindelof, maguire, williams, Matic, pogba, bruno, Greenwood, Rashford, martial.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Ole has built a squad filled with players that I like in the starting XI. I don't think I will see any today. Unless he starts some academy players my interest in this match is zero

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
    Staff
    Supports
    Everton
    I forgot this was on today. Football everyday starting from now where I don't have to emotionally invest = :drool:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
    Staff
    Supports
    Everton
    Is this 5 subs too? Can see you putting out a weakened side and then giving your better players minutes in the second half.

Alemar

We don't. But we didn't against Tranmere either
    It is irrelevant how well we will play today and how much we will concede (and it was relevant with Tranmere). It is clear that under no circumstances 5-0 lead can be overturned, whoever plays

littlepeasoup

I do think it'll be a scratch side starting the game for sure, but I do think some of the bigger names will get minutes in the second half, if only to keep up their sharpness for the latter stages of the tournament.

RedDevilRoshi

Starting XI:

Romero

Laird
    Bailly
    Mengi
    Fosu-Mensah

Garner
    Fred

Lingard
    Mata
    James

Ighalo

subs:
    Bishop
    Dalot
    Jones
    McTominay
    Galbraith
    Pereira
    Chong
    Greenwood
    Rashford

Score Prediction:
    Manchester United 1-0 LASK

Alemar

Is it somehow possible to add Bishop to lineup prediction? He is eligible to play Europa League but is not available for selection in predictions

Nickelodeon

I think the team will be ;

Romero, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Laird, Williams, Fred, Mctominay, Mata, Lingard, James, Ighalo.

Hardest to predict is the back 4.

Maguire has played pretty much every match so it might be him and Bailly as CB's.
    Tuazebe's not even in our 30 man squad, mate. He's out injured. Barring that, I hope that's the team that's playing. Chong for Lingard would've been preferable but sadly Lingard starting has already been confirmed.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    Tuazebe's not even in our 30 man squad, mate. He's out injured. Barring that, I hope that's the team that's playing. Chong for Lingard would've been preferable but sadly Lingard starting has already been confirmed.
    For some reason I typed Tuanzebe when I meant to say Fosu-Mensah :nervous:

But yes something similar. I'd like to see Laird and Garner get minutes especially but I doubt they will start as they haven't had any games since returning from lockdown.

Tony247

If lingard, mata, james, perriera play behind Ighalo then he will be a total waste. He is a poacher #9. Who will provide him killer pass?

Gasolin

For people in the US, did anyone see that CBS has bought the rights for the CL and the EL? I have CBS All Access, but do we think they will show only one match live and the others are available on demand, or can you pick and choose which game to watch?

Last edited:

Web of Bissaka

Ole said:
    The team tomorrow won't change too much from what we played last time we played LASK. We know it's not as easy as the 5-0 sounds because we played very well ourselves. It was the first time without the crowd and we scored our second goal round about the hour-mark and we scored three goals in the last six or seven minutes, so there's not a 5-0 difference between the teams. So we know we have to perform. There are players there who will get the chance to get match-time and fight for a place for the rest of the tournament.”

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...t-brandon-williams-new-deal-and-europa-league
    :mad: Disappointing if turns out to be true.

First leg,
    Ighalo
    James - Bruno - Mata
    Fred - McTominay
    Shaw - Maguire - Bailly - Williams
    Romero​

RepardReece

Already won this game and through to the next round. 5-0 up. Expect the first team to have a full rest this game and then play the next. They've had a little break from the Leciester match but the longer the better IMO. Need them as fresh as possible.

Chairman Steve

Are BT showing this? And if they are, will they be airing it for free?

Because even Sky showed Premier League matches for free and BT didn’t do feck all with theirs.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

First leg,
    Ighalo
    James - Bruno - Mata
    Fred - McTominay
    Romero​
    In fairness, swap Maguire, Shaw and Bruno out, and that's bang on what everyone would play anyway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Because even Sky showed Premier League matches for free and BT didn’t do feck all with theirs.
    BT have the Europa and the champions league, so yes
    But not for free.

I'm gonna get on the £25 month pass though.

For potentially 4 United games, any others you fancy, and the champions league last stages it's a good deal.

Bogga

Our next game will be against either İstanbul Başakşehir or Copenhagen, IB had an advantage of one goal on aggregate.

or

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleag...0c55-85db1f68fa61-1000--fixtures-and-results/

:lol: Familiar faces
    IB = Clichy, Skrtel and the legendary Demba Ba!!!
    Copenhagen = Varela!! and maybe still Uros Matic (our Matic's brother)

Both teams are fun to face against.
    Saw a video on youtube about the turkish team... they're not liked down there and their average attendance is like 2000-3000 :lol:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

First leg,
    Ighalo
    James - Bruno - Mata
    Fred - McTominay
    Romero​
    Lingard for Bruno, Mengi for Maguire and Dalot for Shaw (unless Ole just thinks he's a waste of space?) and that would be a perfectly sensible team tbf.

dalriada

LASK's results since their restart were LDLLWWWLLL, so W3 D1 L6 (they have that odd title playoff system), and two of the wins were against Sturm Graz, who lost every match except one after their restart and were hammered in about half of them. They were deducted 4 points eventually for breaking COVID regulations in training (someone installed a spycam and filmed them) and dropped from first to finish fourth.
    The manager from the first leg, Valerian Ismaël, was fired and replaced by Dominik Thalhammer, the national women's' team coach. This will be his first competitive match in charge, and he hasn't filled all his coaching staff positions yet.
    Klauss and Tetteh, who were two of their main players in the first leg, were on loan and have returned to their home clubs. They also have 2, possibly 3, players out with injury. They have 4 new players, but none are eligible to play the EL matches. They played their last match about a month ago, so that could work both ways for them.

The manager and a couple of the players are sounding brave, and the manager says he's committed to their high-press style of play, but to be honest, we didn't see too much of it in the first leg. Their newspapers don't give them much of a chance, and expect we "will probably compete with a B, perhaps also a C or D team" (they also have a much higher opinion of our players on the bench than we do!).

They've nothing to lose by trying to overturn the result, so maybe they'll try taking us on with an early high press - but I'd be seriously surprised if this is anything other than a formality, and I'm inclined to take Ole at his word and expect something close to the team that beat them 5-0 in the first leg, with some youth maybe coming off the bench if we take an early lead and look comfortable.

dalriada

Yes, it's on BT, and no, it isn't free! I'll also get the BT one month sports pass
    BT have the Europa and the champions league, so yes
    But not for free.

I'm gonna get on the £25 month pass though.

For potentially 4 United games, any others you fancy, and the champions league last stages it's a good deal.
    I'm doing likewise - if you're an EE mobile customer (not PAYG though), it drops to £15.

dalriada

Is this 5 subs too? Can see you putting out a weakened side and then giving your better players minutes in the second half.
    Here's the rules on subs from UEFA:

"Teams will be able to make five substitutions but, to limit the number of stoppages, they will only be allowed to make these changes at three points in the game. These three occasions do not include changes at half-time, between the end of normal playing time and extra time, and at half-time during extra time. One additional substitution will be allowed during extra time."

I can see Ole doing as he hinted in the presser, which is a selection similar to the first leg, but can't see our "First XI" players being used unless he wants a couple of them to stay match fit. A team close to the first leg selection could include a couple of First XI players anyway, particularly at the back. Other than that, if we get a couple of first-half goals, I think he'll give youth players a run-out in this one, really no need to use players who were played to death in the EPL games unless he needs a game-changer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 164 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • LASK win
  • Draw