Kick-off
Wed, 8 February 2023 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sara125

So it’s not being televised? Oh sorry…forgot it’s just too much to ask of these greedy corporations that folks actually get their money’s worth.

appleman

Supports
    Atletico Madrid
    So it’s not being televised? Oh sorry…forgot it’s just too much to ask of these greedy corporations that folks actually get their money’s worth.
    omgg [it's a parody-use] why do people still pirate football streams

Ole'sgunnarwin

I'd prefer that more for the away game a few days later.

There's always a chance Antony or Martial could be back by then, of course, but I'd prefer Garnacho starting instead of Weghorst in the away game when Leeds should come out more and we should have more space for quick players to drive into on the break.
    Yeah, I actually agree with that, good shout.

TheReligion

Abusive
    I'd give Nacho a start to make up for the sub in the last game. That and he's good enough as well to work this lot over.

DDG

AWB
    Varane
    Martinez
    Shaw

Fred
    Sabitzer
    Bruno

Rashford
    Garnacho
    Weghorst
    You playing Rashford or Garnacho on their less favoured side? That’s the issue

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Win tomorrow to crank up the pressure on those 2 above us!

RedDevilRoshi

Looking forward to this. With Casemiro suspended, I’d expect we will be seeing a Fred-Sabitzer partnership in midfield. With Antony injured, I think Rashford will play on the right with Garnacho on the left & Weghorst through the middle. Hopefully Sancho gets some minutes, preferably if we are leading comfortably at HT then give him the whole 2nd half. Plus give both Iqbal & Mainoo some minutes too.

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka - Varane - Martinez - Shaw

Sabitzer - Fred

Rashford - B.Fernandes - Garnacho

Weghorst​

Heaton, Dalot, Lindelof, Maguire, Malacia, Iqbal, Mainoo, Sancho, Elanga

Manchester United 4-0 Leeds United

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
    Best actually made his debut against West Brom three months earlier. The Burnley game was his 2nd game for the 1st team and he kept his place from then on.
    Correct. Matt took a chance on him after we got tonked by Burnley in the first game. He gave the Burnley fullback John Angus a torrid time!
    Angus was a mate of Bobby Charlton’s.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
    Scout
    Supports
    The greatest team in history
    You playing Rashford or Garnacho on their less favoured side? That’s the issue
    Granted but how often has he been tried there? Sancho prefers that side as well doesn't he? Someone needs to adapt because we seem completely unbalanced in that respect. Who's Antony's backup, Elanga? Meh.

Can't move Rashford in the form he's in either.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Looking forward to this. With Casemiro suspended, I’d expect we will be seeing a Fred-Sabitzer partnership in midfield. With Antony injured, I think Rashford will play on the right with Garnacho on the left & Weghorst through the middle. Hopefully Sancho gets some minutes, preferably if we are leading comfortably at HT then give him the whole 2nd half. Plus give both Iqbal & Mainoo some minutes too.

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka - Varane - Martinez - Shaw

Sabitzer - Fred

Rashford - B.Fernandes - Garnacho

Weghorst​

Heaton, Dalot, Lindelof, Maguire, Malacia, Iqbal, Mainoo, Sancho, Elanga

Manchester United 4-0 Leeds United
    Highly doubt we start Rashford out of position on the right. Either ETH goes with him up top or on the left with Sancho on the right. I'm comfortable either way.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
    Supports
    4-4-2 classic
    I watch matches on my local platforms. My old sub ran out and I wanted to try out another platform. It was a good value, only ruined by the fact that I chose the wrong package. Now I have a sub for 3 months that let me watch Bollywood movies but not PL matches. Just win please.

bringbackbebe

Normally, I would not mock an opposition team, even if they're from the conference, but had a chuckle when I saw Chris Armas as the caretaker manager.

Bondi77

I wonder if Pellistri will get a chance in this one...he deserves it.

FiiiiveTenHaaags

We should have enough for them even with the players missing.

The away game will be a lot tougher though. Could do with Antony being back for that one.
    Yeah agreed, just need to keep everyone healthy and free of reds tonight. From what I remember the Elland Road game was brutal last year - proper bad weather and their mental band of degenerate home support.
    Why not? Living on the same mass of land doesn't mean it's immediately possible for fans to attend every game. I'm just shy of a 12 hour round trip from Manchester these days, and if it's an away game, almost zero chance of majority of fans getting a ticket anyway.

Though the main annoyance here is that it's being played outside of the Saturday blackout, so there's no excuse for it to not be televised. And not choosing to televise a rivalry game against Leeds in the first place is just bonkers.
    It’s not like there’s not ways round it though.
    Your weekly reminder that Supersport 2 Albania shows every United league game in HD with English commentary.
    Bang on that! Albanian VPN here we go!
    Yeah by the same token though those greedy lot fund the game to a large extent. I’m not sure but I imagine the number of games or whatever is agreed at the start of the season so maybe legally they can’t just add a rescheduled one - could be wrong though.

Btw a very easy way around this whole thing is download the DAZN app, a month is under a tenner. Run a Spanish VPN. Boom, proper high def every single premier league game casted to your TV at a fair price.

Red_Heisenberg

Sabitzer is probably going to get a chance from the start sooner than expected.

Hope hes ready and takes it. Him in good form next to Cas for the rest of the season will be vital to us maintaining this level. As good as Fred has been, I'm not sure I'm ready to go back to him being a regular starter. Much prefer him as a situation player.

NLunited

Sabitzer is probably going to get a chance from the start sooner than expected.

Hope hes ready and takes it. Him in good form next to Cas for the rest of the season will be vital to us maintaining this level. As good as Fred has been, I'm not sure I'm ready to go back to him being a regular starter. Much prefer him as a situation player.
    Sabitzer is probably going to be a perfect fit for us.

Hughes35

Hoping and expect to see:

--------------------------------------------------------------------De Gea----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AWB--------------------------------Varane------------------------------------------Martinez--------------------------------------------Shaw
    -----------------------------------------------------Sabitzer--------------------Fred---------------------------------------------------------
    Anthony-----------------------------------------------------------Bruno------------------------------------------------------------Rashford
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------Weghorst-------------------------------------------------------------

Would love to see Garnacho. Sancho and Pellestri get minutes.

prateik

The midfield picks itself..
    With Antony and Antony out, the forward line will have Rashford and Wout.. the problem with playing Garnacho on the left is that it would push our best player to his least favourite position.

De Gea
    AWB---Varane---Martinez---Shaw
    Sabitzer---Fred
    ??????---Bruno---Rashford
    Wout
    ??? can be Sancho/Elanga/Pellistri/Garnacho/Dalot​

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    Not only not being shown on telly but also not the main match on 5Live tonight - they are covering the FA Cup replay between Sunderland and Fulham. So we have to suffer Kelvin Macwanker's Talkshite. There's a 30-minute highlights show on Sky at 10.30pm

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    5Live reporting that Leeds "hope to have a new manager later today"...

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
    DDG

AWB
    Varane
    Licha
    Shaw

Sabi
    Fred

Sancho
    Bruno
    Garnacho

Rashford

NLunited

The midfield picks itself..
    With Antony and Antony out, the forward line will have Rashford and Wout.. the problem with playing Garnacho on the left is that it would push our best player to his least favourite position.

De Gea
    AWB---Varane---Martinez---Shaw
    Sabitzer---Fred
    ??????---Bruno---Rashford
    Wout
    ??? can be Sancho/Elanga/Pellistri/Garnacho/Dalot​
    Rashford came off the right in World Cup? I thought he did well there.

Last edited:

Faetheshire86

I've been pretty confident going in to most matches for the last few months, but I think we will do really well to come out of the next two with 6 points. Leeds sacking their manager and it looks like they will appoint one in the next day or so, so not only are we getting the caretaker bounce, we are getting the new manager bounce with the same team!

Casemiro, Eriksen, McTominay, Antony, Martial all out. Sancho and Dalot lacking match fitness. I'd keep Rashford on the left, we shouldn't be switching our most productive attacker to the other wing to accommodate other players. Garnacho, Pellistri and Sancho all in with a shout for the right hand side. I think Garnacho is the safest option, starting Sancho after only 20 minutes of football is a big ask, shame he couldn't get the last 20 minutes against Palace

De Gea
    AWB Varane Martinez Shaw
    Sabitzer Fred
    Garnacho Fernandez Rashford
    Weghorst​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player