Manchester United vs Leeds (Wed 17th July, 12:00 UK time)

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I hope we stop messing around mixing teams up, I don't get why we don't have a league / cup 11 and just let them gel together.

League 11

DDG, AWB, Smalling*, Lindelof, Shaw*, Mctominay, Pogba, Martial, Lingard, James, Rashford

depends on Maguire and fitness of Shaw, possibly young LB

Cup 11

Romero, Dalot, Tuanzebe, Jones, Young, Matic, Pereira, Garner, Gomes, Greenwood, Chong
We don't know certain parts of that first 11 though. So having different combinations throughout preseason can highlight partnerships that work and don't work

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We don't know certain parts of that first 11 though. So having different combinations throughout preseason can highlight partnerships that work and don't work
Fair enough, there is that side to it I guess. Although how they can tell that from 45 minutes is tough to say.

I personally would prefer good team chemistry over stumbling into partnerships that work, I would think the first team is still fairly obvious.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fair enough, there is that side to it I guess. Although how they can tell that from 45 minutes is tough to say.

I personally would prefer good team chemistry over stumbling into partnerships that work, I would think the first team is still fairly obvious.
A big part for the young players that come on tour is to play with the main players and to have their chances to impress. Blending the 2 in each half is something almost every manager does.

kirk buttercup

hope we go

Romero

young (only if shaw is injured )
Axel
Lindelof (if fit)
AWB

Mctominay
Pogba
Pereira

Greenwood
james
Rashford

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

Yeah we'll likely move more towards a first 11 by games 4/5/6, but the first games are to get minutes into everyone and see if any are ready to step up and stake a claim for that starting 11.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
De Gea
Wan Bissaka Smalling Tuanzebe Young
Pereira McTominay Gomes
Mata Greenwood Martial

Grant
Dalot Jones Rojo Shaw
Pogba Matic Lingard
James Rashford Chong
Maybe Garner gets more game time ahead of someone, not sure though. Hope Greenwood gets his first to get it out of the way.

Seven Seas Sardines

Hopefully getting sold after that as well, no professionalism or attitude to prove himself after being arguably the biggest flop in the PL last season.
It's quite insane, and I'm surprised Ole hasn't been pressured about this by the media. I had really high hopes for him until these antics, which makes it even worse. The treatment of Fred is symbolical of the pathetic ownership and lack of ruthlessness throughout the club.

Can you imagine Pep or Klopp giving 'Freddy' a high five and praising him on his return? Klopp put Sakho on the transfer list when he was late for their tour and joked around as he arrived.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
If you all hate Leedscum clap your hands,
If you all hate Leedscum clap your hands,
If you all hate Leedscum, all hate Leedscum, if you all hate Leedscum clap your hands.

I hope we batter them by an outrageous number of goals.

DoomSlayer

It's quite insane, and I'm surprised Ole hasn't been pressured about this by the media. I had really high hopes for him until these antics, which makes it even worse. The treatment of Fred is symbolical of the pathetic ownership and lack of ruthlessness throughout the club.

Can you imagine Pep or Klopp giving 'Freddy' a high five and praising him on his return? Klopp put Sakho on the transfer list when he was late for their tour and joked around as he arrived.
It really is mate, I was ready to give him another chance but after this BS, other players should be given a chance in front of him, I'd even put Garner above Fred at this point.

Huge disappointment and I couldn't care less anymore if he is sold, doesn't seem to be too bothered about the situation the club is in or how he was pathetic for the most part of last season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
De Gea
Wan Bissaka Smalling Tuanzebe Young
Pereira McTominay Gomes
Mata Greenwood Martial

Grant
Dalot Jones Rojo Shaw
Pogba Matic Lingard
James Rashford Chong
Maybe Garner gets more game time ahead of someone, not sure though. Hope Greenwood gets his first to get it out of the way.
I reckon we'll try Greenwood on the right again. I imagine he'd probably rather play there too, the RW is the only spot up for grabs in the front three right now, with the competition being scarce he has to fancy his chances.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
You know they're going to injure one of our players.

GJNJ

It really is mate, I was ready to give him another chance but after this BS, other players should be given a chance in front of him, I'd even put Garner above Fred at this point.

Huge disappointment and I couldn't care less anymore if he is sold, doesn't seem to be too bothered about the situation the club is in or how he was pathetic for the most part of last season.
Apparently its because when they booked the wedding he thought he would be in the Brazil squad and so would be on holiday now (same as Sanchez) but as he's been dropped by Brazil so he was due back earlier.

So I can sort of understand it, as moving an entire wedding might be difficult, but as he's had such a poor season you think he would want to do his upmost to get his career back on track. You just hope he understands that he needs to come back firing on all cylinders.

::sonny::

Casilla

Dallas Berardi Cooper Douglas

Hernandez Forshaw Bogusz Harrison

Bamford Roofe​

Harrison their best player, EPL material for sure, even at top 6

Last edited:

tidraKS

I really hope for a Greenwood - Rashford - Martial in the starting line up.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sorry if I'm being a moron but is kick off midnight or midday on Wednesday?

King Andow

I want this:
-----------DDG
AWB-Lindelöf-Tuanzebe-Shaw/Dalot
----------Garner
----McTominay-Gomes
---Greenwood---James
----------Martial

But I know we'll be seeing Youngy in there.

Sambob

Why is there no match day thread for this, and hardly any hype. Everyone wants to talk about the primadonna players and their soap opera transfers, but we dont care about the football anymore? Its LEEDS for crying out loud, lets paste the Bas**rds.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Why is there no match day thread for this, and hardly any hype. Everyone wants to talk about the primadonna players and their soap opera transfers, but we dont care about the football anymore? Its LEEDS for crying out loud, lets paste the Bas**rds.
:lol: I think it's an age thing. I'm old so I get it.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Don't worry, it will be flooded with posts once team is announced, soon as Caf sees likes of Jones, Rojo, Young in the team....

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Cheers. If anyone out there finds any good streams would appreciate a heads up. I unsubscribed from MUTV in a fit of Mourinho-related pique, last year.
Pass on the love if you get one...

After all, isn't this what work bandwith is meant for?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
09:59Richard Fay
Strong turnout from Leeds fans
The sun is shining as we arrive at the Optus Stadium, but it is set to be another chilly night out on the pitch.

It is expected to more heated in the crowd however, with both sides having brought a strong following to Western Australia.

Talking to a Leeds staff member last night they claimed as many as 8,000 would be travelling from the UK while they have sold roughly 20,000 tickets for the match altogether. Apparently there is also a healthy contingent from their Kuala Lumpur supporters branch, too.

AlwaysRed66

So much for climate change. Go half way around the world to play Leeds. Why couldn't we play them at Elland Road or OT, with a full house for local fans.

Arek

I would love to see (I dont think it will happen thou)

----------------------------DDG
-------AWB / Tuanzebe / Smalling / Rojo
-------------------------Garner
--------Dalot / Gomez / Pogba / James
----------------------Greenwood