Kick-off
Sat, 14 September 2019 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 65 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tonjo

United need to replace Mata with Greenwood and matic with Fred.
    This will help to inject some energy into the midfield and forward line.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    Not good enough really. Matic, Mata and Pereira are not doing enough. We’ve only had 3 shots. Massive gap in midfield from back to front. I assume Mata is supposed to be linking.

We won’t win this game if something doesn’t change.
    We have no attacking outlet down the right flank. Periera just picks up the ball and either makes a beeline to the corner flag or loses possession. Not once has he linked up with AWB (who seems to have given up making forward runs now).

Cloud7

How have the caf favorites Maddison and Tielemans been?
    Tielemans has been meh, but Maddison has been good I think. Anytime they've looked like threatening he's been the one at the center of it.

hubbuh

This
    Not good enough really. Matic, Mata and Pereira are not doing enough. We’ve only had 3 shots. Massive gap in midfield from back to front. I assume Mata is supposed to be linking.

We won’t win this game if something doesn’t change.
    Mata and Matic have been abhorrent. They are so past it, it is not even funny. Periera is not a wide player, but at least he is putting in the graft. Rashford is isolated, and James has been decent, but he is also heavily closed down immediately when he gets the ball.
    And that.

For the love of Mary, Jesus, Joseph, the Holy cnuting Ghost, Buddha, Vishnu and the rest of ‘em, switch it up. Perreira linking with Greenwood outside? Gomes linking with Greenwood outside? Matic shot into orbit until he reaches the nether zone?

MrBest

Can't blame our 200k/wk striker. He's just a kid. We should give him another 2 years before we can judge him.
    Our 200k a week youngster who has almost pkayed 200 games for us. Poor guy give him time.

stu_1992

Not exactly been riveting stuff so far. At this point we just need a win to get back on track so I'll take whatever type we can get today.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    He is 14,15,16,17,18 years old bla bla bla, who cares, rather have there some hungry kid there instead of Matic, what the feck is this.
    What, Greenwood instead of Matic? You'd have him playing defensive mid? Brilliant logic

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
    Scout
    It's been better than I'd worked myself up for, we've shown some good attacking intent early in the half, James is a constant pest and I think McTominay has done well. AWB is deceptively slick in possession, a bit more composure in the final third and he could surprise a few.

The latter part of that half was far too passive, we're setting ourselves up to get hit by a sucker punch if we don't get a grip and get that second, like we seem to do every fecking week these days. 1-0 is fine lads, now please finish the job.

Dante

Average bang
    I know people don't like Fred but you can't have him sitting on the bench if this is the best set of midfielders we have available to us.

Would Matic and McTominay's retaining possession stats even be over 50%? Pereira's must be about 2%. We wont challenge for top four with a midfield that does feck all and can't even keep the ball in simple situations.
    Pereira is at 91% in the first half.

AJ10

We're not playing good football.

It's a bit disheartening to see Chelsea and Spurs put away Wolves and Crystal Palace so easily in the other games, as well.
    Teams taking their chances helps with that and we couldn't even score from pens.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
    Our 200k a week youngster who has almost pkayed 200 games for us. Poor guy give him time.
    Can't disagree with this. He's improving fast year after year. Worth that massive investment.

ash_86

Nothing much between the two teams. For the team we've put out we are doing well. Stop praising Leicester. They have full team and suck.

Second-half kick-off

No changes at the break.

NJM78

Do will we see Gomes today people? Does Ole have the balls to bribg him on with substantial game time remaining?

Tony247

Meanwhile Tammy A making Rashford look like an overrated championship striker.

Ranchero

I know people don't like Fred but you can't have him sitting on the bench if this is the best set of midfielders we have available to us.

Would Matic and McTominay's retaining possession stats even be over 50%? Pereira's must be about 2%. We wont challenge for top four with a midfield that does feck all and can't even keep the ball in simple situations.
    We can only rely on the speed of our counters with Rashford and James.
    We know we have nothing in midfield. Quite why the powers that be don't see it is beyond me. Or perhaps they do and dont give a sh#t.
    And to those who say fans expect too much i point to the fact we are kept being fed the belief we are the biggest and best club in the world.
    The biggest club in the world who are struggling to make top 4 let alone make a title challenge.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    What use is experience at the back when you invite the attacks by losing possession/lacking progress up the pitch.
    Consistently been slow to release the right ball and frequently poor in providing angles to young and james to play out.
    Losing possession? What game have you been watching? They flooded the midfield and have had quite a bit f possession, yes but Matic sitting in there has been good for us. Just keeps it nice and calm

Gordon S

I refuse to believe that. No way that we are tired. Just it can't be the case here. It is only september ffs:houllier:
    I know it shouldn't be possible but the players are just walking at times.
    Leicester seems stuck in second gear and they are still controlling the game somehow:houllier:

prateik

Do will we see Gomes today people? Does Ole have the balls to bribg him on with substantial game time remaining?
    What does it have to do with balls?
    Do something unnecessary to appease people on the internet who dont matter?

If we score a couple more, sure.. If we desperately need a goal, maybe.

If it goes on like this.. probably not.

47 min

Tielemans send a high ball over our back line looking for Maddison but it's a fraction long and De Gea collects.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
    Rashford has been awful at holding the ball up front and anonymous apart from the penalty.

Nearly every challenge he's going down too. Injured?

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
    Does Ole ever make proactive changes, rather than waiting for us to concede or waiting for the last 10 minutes. He's so predictable.

mav_9me

I hope for once Ole is proactive with the subs. Doubt it though
    Yep.. I think he doesn't want to change it cuz we are winning but of course as the game goes and we concede he is forced to change but that's too late.

Matic and Perreira have been passengers.

48 min

Vardy gets the better of Maguire down our left and fires the ball across the six yard box but he has no support and Wan-Bissaka clears.
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 438 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw