Not open for further replies.

BorisManUtd

Could it be with 3 at the back?

Henderson
    Bailly-Tuanzebe-Lindelof
    James-Fred-Matić-Telles
    van de Beek
    Cavani-Rashford

I don't care that much who gets top 4 between Leicester and Liverpool but we have to keep our best players fit for EL final and playing them 2 days after today's game would be very risky.

Al-T

I think today's results mean we can't be caught for top four. Another three points and we're second given Chelsea and Leicester still have to play each other.

Top four secured means our focus should be the final and beating the dippers. Expect a full rotation for this game.

OrcaFat

DDG
    Williams - Bailly - Tuanzebe - Telles
    Matic - VDB
    Greenwood - Mata - James
    Cavani​

Amad if James isn't fit.
    I mainly agree with this but don’t think Cavani will start. Assuming James is fit, it could be Greenwood up top and Amad on the right (assuming he is fit as well).

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    Feck me, you want the players to die before the EL final? No chance Ole puts out anything like that, especially not if the game is 48 hours after the last one.
    Do people really watch other sports and think footballers in comparison are some kind of subhuman athletes? You realise that tennis players, cyclists etc. are still humans who happen to train for their profession too? I find it quite remarkable that some find it inconceivable that someone like McTominay played 90 minutes on Sunday, and maybe again on Tuesday, and then maybe again on Thursday! It’s hardly ideal, but he’d be able to go again on Saturday too and then the Monday.

The reason why we don’t ask elite footballers to routinely play matches 48 hours after a previous one isn’t because they are entirely incapable of it. It is because they will be unlikely able to perform to their peak and are at a high risk of certain type of injuries. It’s not in their interests or ours as spectators normally.

Josh 76

They are human not robots! Within 48hr to play another high demand game is ridiculous.
    Totally agree. Some fans on here are deluded thinking Ole can keep playing the same players. its got nothing to do with throwing in the towel or playing weak teams so Liverpool don’t get into the CL. The plane and simple fact is it’s humanly impossible to play 3 games in 6 days at this level.

MetoTTT

Full reserves for this.....never want to see United lose but really want Leicester to get top 4 ahead of Liverpool.

De Gea
    Williams Tuanzebe Bailly Telles
    Matic VDB
    Diallo Mata Shoretire
    Cavani
    Extacty my feeling. Full squad on Thursday.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
    DDG

Williams Bailly Tuanzebe Telles

Matic VdB

Amad Mata James

Greenwood

hobbers

Team picks itself for the most part.

De Gea
    Williams Bailly Tuanzebe Telles
    Matic VdB
    Amad Mata James (if fit)
    Greenwood (45 min sub for Cavani/Rashford)

Or feck it, rest Greenwood as well and start Shoretire.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    If Diallo starts, it's a game that I am very excited to watch.
    DDG
    Williams - Bailly - Lindelof - Telles
    Matic - VDB
    Mata - Bruno - Diallo
    Cavani
    Cavani was rested, so he probably play in this one. Bruno will play, we know he will. Rest McFred for Liverpool, we need them.

Diallo is just hopeful since no other option as Martial is still unfit to start and James is still injured. I wouldn't mind to play Axel instead but I think Lindelof will play. Unless if we play Axel vs Leicester and Bailly vs Liverpool.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    I actually think we'll beat them no matter what our team. They're in full Rodgers end-of-season mode.

In fact, I reckon the more junior the side, the more chance there is of them fecking up.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
    Will this be the first game we can lose without the Caf asking for beheadings in the morning?

Looking forwad to Tuanzebe, the PSG edition.

CM10

Wholesale changes would be good. Get a couple of the U23s in there if required.

ROFLUTION

Spare the core XI to trash Liverpool + let the youngsters play Leicester. Seems a genuinely great way to do things.

Henderson; It's OK if you show some of your weak spots against Leicester.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
    I really want to beat them after the cup game. Don't really care about the context... but even with that, a win pretty much guarantees second which seems like decent motivation. So happy for us to make changes but would not do it wholesale.

Maybe something like:

Hendo
    ------
    AWB
    Bailly
    Tuanzebe
    Telles
    -------
    McTominay
    Matic
    Van de Beek
    --------
    Mata
    Cavani
    James

Big guns on the bench.

SATA

Hannibal and Shola too soon a start in the league? :drool:

Could have Matic, Mata and Cavani babysitting them through the game

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
    Ole seems to be against resting players, but I do hope he plays the reserves here....Don't wanna see any of Pogba, Bruno, Cavani, Rashy starting

Bertie Wooster

If we're to make wholesale changes between Leicester and Liverpool then the big two problems are CB (if Maguire is ruled out of both games), and the front three without Martial and if James is still injured.

If Maguire is out, then that means, of our 3 CB's, one of Bailly and Tuanzebe might have to play both Tuesday and Thursday which isn't ideal (especially with Bailly's injury record). And it's tough to pick a front three v Leicester that doesn't include one of those who featured today and that we'd want v Liverpool.

I want us to beat Leicester to keep the title race going and to secure 2nd, but we'll obviously have to hugely rotate to avoid injuries as the Europa League Final needs to be top priority. So I'd probably go for...

De Gea

Williams
    Bailly
    Tuanzebe
    Telles

Matic
    Van De Beek

Greenwood
    Mata
    James / Amad

Cavani

Greenwood, as the only one who started today, would be subbed after an hour or so and wouldn't be able to start v Liverpool. But Cavani wouldn't either if he starts on Tuesday. So, if Martial and James are still injured by the Liverpool game, I don't know who'd be in the front three with Rashford and Pogba. But, if we also save Greenwood or Cavani for Liverpool, I don't know who'd play in the Leicester game unless we give Elanga or Shoretire a start which I don't think they're ready for. It's a really tough choice for Ole.

ColvaleGoa

Resting the first team is paramount. Time for Donny, Matic, Mata, James Axel telles, Brandon etc maybe one of McFred.

Ballache

Supports
    Martial
    I would go with:
    ------------------DDG
    Williams-VNL-Bailly-Telles
    ------------Matic-McT------------
    Mata---------VDB---------James
    -------------Greenwood----------

Drop deep and counter.
    We can afford to lose this, go all in vs Liverpool.

Cathy Ferguson

Rest players who are prone to muscle injuries: Shaw, Pogba, or are expected to run 12k each game: Fred and McTominay.

Bruno, Rashford and Wan Bissaka can probably play due to excellent recovery. But stupid to risk them ahead of the final.

lysglimt

Scout
    My team:

De Gea - Telles, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Williams - Matic, v.d Beek - Mata, Cavani, Amad

Bertie Wooster

I know it won't happen anyway, but I was just wondering - would James Garner be allowed to feature in either of the two games seeing as how Forest's season is over? Or is his loan officially up to a particular date?

Like I say, I know he won't be featuring. I was just wondering if he was even an available option (as he's match fit and, with not wanting to risk the other CM's on Tuesday, I'd have liked him on the bench just in case anything happens to Matic or VDB). But I know it won't happen.

Statue of Limitations

Does nobody care that we can still win the league and put some pressure on City here?

feck Liverpool, I've no joy at all in handing City the title, at OT just to mess the Dippers.

They are not getting Top 4 regardless, we will put them in their place properly when we meet them.

2 - 0 home win here to keep the title push alive please.

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    We can't be playing Lindelof for this. The guy has nursed a back problem all season. He's not going to play 3 games in 5 days.

Matic will of course play in front of Bailly and Tuanzebe. Ole will absolutely have to rest Shaw and AWB, so a chance for Telles and Williams to dramatically improve on their disaster class against Roma.

Would be nice to see Amad start on the right, but expect Ole to go for Mata.

-------------------David / Dean
    Willams---Tuanzebe----Bailly----Telles
    ----------------------------Matic
    --------------McTominay------DVB
    Mata---------------------------------------James
    ---------------------Greenwood

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    I know it won't happen anyway, but I was just wondering - would James Garner be allowed to feature in either of the two games seeing as how Forest's season is over? Or is his loan officially up to a particular date?

Like I say, I know he won't be featuring. I was just wondering if he was even an available option (as he's match fit and, with not wanting to risk the other CM's on Tuesday, I'd have liked him on the bench just in case anything happens to Matic or VDB). But I know it won't happen.
    No, the loans are affected by the transfer window like any other transfers.

Red00012

Start the guy who fell from the net last Sunday in goals and the guy who scored the bicycle kick up top

Bertie Wooster

No, the loans are affected by the transfer window like any other transfers.
    Thanks.

I thought not, but sometimes players loans seem to get extended to include the play offs so I wasn't sure when they officially end for those who don't make them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 198 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw