Kick-off
Tue, 11 May 2021 @ 6:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bertie Wooster

What would a fully rotated team look like? This?

de Gea
    Williams Bailly Tuanzebe Telles
    VDB Matic
    Diallo Mata James
    Greenwood​
    If James is fit, then, yeah, this is the team I went with as well. The problem without James or Martial is that you're down to very inexperienced understudies like Diallo, Elanga, Shoretire - whereas the understudies coming in in the other positions are all first team squad players with good / decent experience.

If we've no James or Martial, and can't risk Rashford, Fernandes, Pogba so soon, then we might have to go with Cavani (who was only a sub on Sunday) with Greenwood, Mata and Amad - and use Elanga as a sub. That's decent, but the trouble then on Thursday is that we probably couldn't use Cavani at all, Greenwood only as a sub, so we're struggling for a 4th player to go with Rashford, Pogba and Fernandes as the others all featured on Tuesday or are still unavailable.

Of all positions, it really is virtually impossible, without James and Martial, to successfully balance the front four to go with decent and experienced options in both games.

Last edited:

Dave Smith

Supports
    Anything anti-Dipper
    Must lose game
    For sure. At this stage it is all about prioritises. At this moment the clubs are:

A) Win the Europa league
    B) Secure second

Best way to achieve that is to have the squad in the best condition for the games against Fulham/Wolves and Villarreal. Furthermore, the Dippers not in the CL will harm them a lot owing to their model. If Utd can assist with that then they should, as it means one less rival in the transfer market.

RedTiger

Half mast
    I actually want to beat them, forget all this rolling over stuff. I also accept that the Liverpool game is bigger, so the team I'd go with is:

Hendo
    Williams……Tuanzebe…Bailly……Telles
    Fred ……Matic
    Mata………VDB………James
    Mason/Shola​

The Oracle

Even though I want us to win both games, I honestly think it will be...

Man Utd 0-1 Leicester
    Man Utd 3-3 Liverpool

roseguy64

Still assuming the likes of Williams, Telles, probably Bailly, van de Beek etc will need to play most of the game. I'm hopeful that the Roma game has gotten rid of a bit of ring rust.

It is partly the fault of Ole for not bringing on certain players enough by making substitutions, but in his defence he has probably been proven right so far in terms of not trusting certain players enough to do the business. We have had to come from behind in too many games, and I think it is pretty clear that the substitutions in areas of the pitch other than up front are unlikely to increase our chances of pulling a game back when this happens.

Still, Williams, Bailly, Telles, Matic, van de Beek, and Mata have had a few more minutes recently and we are going to need them to step up to the plate and show they're good enough. If we can avoid defeat in this game and against Liverpool I'd probably take it to be honest. Top 4 guaranteed and a really good chance of beating at least Fulham to try and cement 2nd. I don't think anyone in the top 4 race will win every remaining game for what it's worth.
    We need 4 more points to guarantee second based on my calculations. We've already confirmed top 4.

TheReligion

Abusive
    Just seen for some reason we play at 6pm today. Truly bizarre from playing in the afternoon Sunday.

Will likely miss the game with work but I'm not expecting much other than heavy rotation and a Leicester win (at best a point). The players must be knackered given the trip to Italy sandwiched between the daft scheduling.

Would like to see us win but can't see it.

Crustanoid

Anything less than full rotation (and I mean, youth players, reserves, coaches coming out of retirement etc) and I’m going down to OT to protest OleOut

Havak

Pokemon master
    We need 4 more points to guarantee second based on my calculations. We've already confirmed top 4.
    Yeah, it would be interesting if we could somehow beat Leicester & Liverpool, put actual pressure on City for the last few games haha not they they won't sail to the title with a couple of results anyway.

Like I said, I actually don't think any of Chelsea, Leicester, West Ham or Liverpool will actually win every remaining fixture. So, we'll be OK with a few draws and another win. I have been eager for us to break past at least 76 Points though. I think 10+ points on last season would be good progress, and if we can go 10+ points again next season then we would be in a title race.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I think this will be it.

James and Martial still injured.

EDIT: Except De Gea in for Henderson. I know you don't need to rotate the keeper but might as well have the more experienced one behind the back-up defenders.
    Shoretire played for the stiffs last night so Elanga in for him. So...

Henderson
    Williams
    Bailly
    Tuanzebe
    Telles
    Matic
    Van De Beek
    Amad
    Mata
    Elanga
    Greenwood

Bulldog United

I'm excited to see some of the youngsters given another chance tonight. I'm certainly not willing them to lose to Leicester.

The way we do our bit to stop Liverpool getting top four is by beating them on Thursday.

That said, I've heard the pitch could be quite slippery tonight. :D

Alemar

3 points may be enough considering our significant advantage over Chelsea on goal difference (who, in turn, may be more bothered with upcoming CL final).

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
    Should be an exciting game in view of the likely team we'll put out.

DDG
    Williams Tuanzebe Bailly Telles
    Matic VDB
    Diallo Mata Elanga
    Greenwood

Highly, highly unlikely we'll go as extreme as this but would love to see the likes of Diallo getting a full run out.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

DDG
    Matic VDB
    Diallo Mata Elanga
    Greenwood

Highly, highly unlikely we'll go as extreme as this but would love to see the likes of Diallo getting a full run out.
    I don’t see why not? Ole has said a few times it’s going to be lots of changes so this wouldn’t be that surprising.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

DDG
    Matic VDB
    Diallo Mata Elanga
    Greenwood

Now is a great time to try this, there's no pressure as Ole can blame the fixture pile up and rotation even if we did get stuffed.

It gets minutes into the likes or Telles + DVB who desperately need them, and gives Elanga and Amad a competitive match but little pressure.

I hope Ole doesn't get too worried about always doing the righteous thing and trying his best 24/7.

Bulldog United

Now is a great time to try this, there's no pressure as Ole can blame the fixture pile up and rotation even if we did get stuffed.

It gets minutes into the likes or Telles + DVB who desperately need them, and gives Elanga and Amad a competitive match but little pressure.

I hope Ole doesn't get too worried about always doing the righteous thing and trying his best 24/7.
    Ole will do what's best for us. I have no doubt about that. He will try to win the game with the necessary heavy rotation.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
    Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
    Think Ole will go with 4/5 changes, and there is gonna be a meltdown on here when the line ups come out. He seems to prefer go strong and change it when it’s won.

I think Lindelof will start, don’t think both fullbacks will rotate after the shut show vs Roma in the 2nd half, so either AWB and Telles or Williams and Shaw. One of Fred or McT with Matic, obviously Bruno starts and maybe Marcus and Mason too.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
    Please start some of the kids. Diallo and donny should start and hopefully shoretire, elanga or Hannibal get a few minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Staff
    Possible chance they might rest players too considering they've got an FA Cup final at the weekend. Their top 4 spot is also quite precarious though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Will be a bit rough, this. Most of the players coming in have very little match fitness, or the ones who do are ones who’ve literally played 2 days beforehand.

Luckily we can say a loss is a good thing here because we don’t Liverpool in the top 4 and all that

Possible chance they might rest players too considering they've got an FA Cup final at the weekend. Their top 4 spot is also quite precarious though.
    interesting from their perspective what their priority is?

they have a full 4 days until the cup final.

this is such a good opportunity for them to get 3 points - they know they are playing a weakened team.

As an aside - it’s still ridiculous playing the final before the end of the PL season. Pisses me off and makes it just another game.

Josh 76

Think Ole will go with 4/5 changes, and there is gonna be a meltdown on here when the line ups come out. He seems to prefer go strong and change it when it’s won.

I think Lindelof will start, don’t think both fullbacks will rotate after the shut show vs Roma in the 2nd half, so either AWB and Telles or Williams and Shaw. One of Fred or McT with Matic, obviously Bruno starts and maybe Marcus and Mason too.
    Ole will make 11 changes. He is not going to put any players in danger. It’s common sense. Not sure why fans can’t see this.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
    Stevenage
    I have a horrible feeling he wont rotate properly, I can see us starting most of our first XI, I wish for something that looks like this:

Henderson
    Williams Bailly Lindelof Telles
    Matic VDB
    Amad Mata James
    Martial (If fit)

What I expect is that one of Fred/ Mctom will play, Pogba & Fernandes will share game time, Rashford & Greenwood will play, AWB will start..

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    To all who think we'll be playing 'kids'. Makes no sense when we have pretty solid back up who also need games. Players like: Telles, Tuanzebe,Bailly,Matic,James, Mata,Williams,VDB,DDG/Hendo... you could add one or two younger players to that squad but don't expect to see all the U23s out

diarm

Leicester:
    Henderson
    McTominay Matic
    Amad VdBeek James
    Greenwood
    Liverpool:
    Henderson
    Wan-Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    Fred Pogba
    Greenwood Bruno Rashford
    Cavani​

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
    Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
    Ole will make 11 changes. He is not going to put any players in danger. It’s common sense. Not sure why fans can’t see this.
    Not necessarily. Starting 11 doesn’t need to play full 90. They can play 45/60 and still be ready for 45/30 on Thursday. Rotation doesn’t need to mean they don’t play at all. 4/5 changes and three subs used properly is enough to keep players ready for Thursday.
    Also the lads are not training this week, Ole has said it’s all classroom sessions this week to keep the lads fresh. We definitely won’t stick out the under 23s and roll over tonight. Like I said meltdown incoming.....

Crustanoid

That’s the best course of action. The rule should be to only pick players who definitely wouldn’t figure in the first XI - that means not even the likes of Greenwood who might not start but has been prominent. Even if we lose the players need protection against this schedule

Crustanoid

Leicester:
    Henderson
    McTominay Matic
    Amad VdBeek James
    Greenwood
    Liverpool:
    Henderson
    Fred Pogba
    Rashford Bruno Pogba
    Cavani​
    Two Pogbas? I guess that’s why he cost so much

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    Leicester:
    Henderson
    McTominay Matic
    Amad VdBeek James
    Greenwood
    Liverpool:
    Henderson
    Fred Pogba
    Greenwood Bruno Rashford
    Cavani​
    Maguire who's injured and two Pogba's !! :D

Crustanoid

The key priorities are as follows (in this order):

1 Protect the first team
    2 Dick Liverpool’s chances of top 4
    2 Keep the integrity of the game (lose to Leicester valiantly if that’s what needs to happen)

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    Liverpool:
    Henderson
    Fred Pogba
    Rashford Bruno Pogba
    Cavani

That's what i mean and others saw it too.
    No problem,

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 198 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win