Sat, 2 April 2022 @ 5:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    It’s crap that our season is just relying on top 4 at this stage. I use to love it when the weekend came around and we had a match when we was fighting for titles. We’re not even in any cups which is awful for a club like us. The players will probably lack motivation because halve the squad don’t care wether they play champions league or not next season aslong as they still get there wages. Going back to the match I’m going for a 2-2 draw.

Marcus

We should play each game professionally and with the aim of winning. Top 4 or no Top 4, we are United. Playing with pride should be as natural as breathing. Come on you guys. Let's go get them. I remember that game against Villa where Macheda scored that goal. As a day tripper who travelled thousands of miles to watch United, I was determined not to see United lose. The atmosphere was quite flat but I just kept cheering. We would not be beaten. The team can sense that you are with them. They need to have that translated from the stands to the field. We need the extra man. Snap out of it people. Especially the match going ones. We can make the team win. If the team is flat, it is partly our fault.

TheReligion

Abusive
    We should play each game professionally and with the aim of winning. Top 4 or no Top 4, we are United. Playing with pride should be as natural as breathing. Come on you guys. Let's go get them. I remember that game against Villa where Macheda scored that goal. As a day tripper who travelled thousands of miles to watch United, I was determined not to see United lose. The atmosphere was quite flat but I just kept cheering. We would not be beaten. The team can sense that you are with them. They need to have that translated from the stands to the field. We need the extra man. Snap out of it people. Especially the match going ones. We can make the team win. If the team is flat, it is partly our fault.
    Good post

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    We're gonna come back with a bang today and make a charge for that last CL spot.

Elanga will grab a goal this afternoon. Put your house on it.

CraftySoAndSo

Need a win to keep top 4 hopes alive and also the fact if Rodgers beats us we'll probably end up interviewing him as a last minute candidate for the job.

Telsim

No Ronaldo and no Cavani. I'd rather play Bruno forward than start Rashford.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
    Scout
    I'd play Bruno, Pogba, Mata, Sancho... Fred and Matic behind and try play some nice football. Bring Elanga on at 60 when Mata is dead.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
    Here's an idea. How about after the abuse Maguire took from England supporters, us United supporters try cheering him on? What a concept! It might even give him a lift!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    Here's an idea. How about after the abuse Maguire took from England supporters, us United supporters try cheering him on? What a concept! It might even give him a lift!
    Fans in the ground will I am sure.

van Nistelrooy

"Abuse"? He got booed.

More likely the decision to start him was the recipient of the booing. Maguire wasn't abused.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Our fans always back the players that are on the pitch. It would of most likely been city/Liverpool/arsenal/Chelsea fans at Wembley that booed Maguire.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    Don't remember the last time I was this nonchalant about a United game. They really have killed all the joy in supporting them

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    It's the fact we snigger when things go badly for other teams, when it is us that is seen as a joke.
    Too right. I can't even find any joy in other teams failures anymore, when that is usually short-lived until United blow it again.

Thing is, even a win doesn't do much for us here, the lack of consistency is the only consistent thing with this team.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    We can go one better than that by applying it to the whole team - including Rashford and Lingard ;)

There is far too much negativity around here these days.

manichester

Some posters on here should have been around in the 70's, we played some awful football but the fans always supported the team. Even when we were relegated.

Irwin99

Top 4 is still an outside chance but the mood around the club is just horrible with fan apathy and player discontent. It's like, come on, there's pride to play for and still a chance at getting into the champions league. Let's beat Leicester and assess each game as it comes.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Hope Rashford can pull it together. I really want him to get it together again here as he can be valuable long tern

cj_sparky

His name is usually greeted with silence at Old Trafford when it is read out pre-match. Certainly no abuse.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
    His name is usually greeted with silence at Old Trafford when it is read out pre-match. Certainly no abuse.
    Do you think it might give him a lift if people actually cheered him on though? Not just when his name is read. But through out the game and in social media? I have never seen a United player get the kind of abuse he does. It's one thing if it's rivals. That's easy to deal with. But your own supporters? People seem to think he named his own price and picked himself as captain. We need to get over it and try lifting him, not try to knock him down even further...

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
    When things were going wrong with us, Maguire used an England game against Albania to get one against us. So here's an idea. Why doesn't he handle his transfer request instead. After all no one really likes him

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
    Some posters on here should have been around in the 70's, we played some awful football but the fans always supported the team. Even when we were relegated.
    Apples and Oranges.

It was a different era for football, it was a working man's sport, seeing the guys on the pitch failing but trying then is completely different to the pampered millionaires that treat football as a side gig and hardly make an effort.

These players ate constantly leaking shit to the press, being unhappy etc this isn't the way to adhere yourself to the support, who are mostly working class.

If players want that unwavering support like the players did back in the day, maybe they should collectively agree to introduce a salary cap of 100k a year and make the sport more accessible to everyone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Fred image Fred 53% of 207 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 204 ratings.

Score Predictions