Kick-off
Sun, 14 December 2014 @ 1:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 63 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mato87

Bang em with 3-0 a hattrick from RVP, let's beat these bitter deluded scouse pillocks

Shark

@NotShark
    We've played a lot better at home than on the road this season and the results show that. We'll beat the twats, who think we've been as bad as we've looked tonight all season as it's the first time they've watched us play, with nothing else on TV. Let them be hopefully, I say.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    Liverpool have been much worse in previous years and gotten a result. Form does go out of the window in these fixtures. I'm taking nothing for granted, however poor they've looked this season.

fan1996

DIEHARD: Changes support more than his underpants
    Liverpool have been much worse in previous years and gotten a result. Form does go out of the window in these fixtures. I'm taking nothing for granted, however poor they've looked this season.
    Agree we can not get overconfident against dangerous rivals such as Pool.

Having a score 20-0 like someone said previously is completedly insane, out of question. 3-0 is more reasonable

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    100% Right.

One thing you can absolutely guarantee is that our players and fans will be massively up for this one.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Agree generally but I'm really not sure if they have been worse at all even under Hodgson (they didn't get a result then anyways). They've been woeful this season going forward, defensively, the keeper. Just bad.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
    Up to third in the league, 5 wins in a row, Van Persie finding form.

Everything is going too well so we'll no doubt feck up on Sunday.

Will Balotelli be fit? If we're going to end up dropping points, I don't want that attention seeking cnut to be the cause of it.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
    Before today I thought this would be a banker. Not sure anymore now.

De Gea
    Rafael Evans Rojo Young
    Carrick
    Herrera Mata
    Rooney
    Van Persie Di Maria
    Still think we'll have enough against them at home. 4-0 to us.
    Either this or Fellaini in place of Matar

Cypriot

Can't wait for this, I'm very optimistic for some reason. I know our good run has to end at some point but after the awful performance vs Southampton, it can only get better. Crucial players should/could return in Di Maria, Rafael, Shaw & possibly a fit Falcao, and I'd like to see the following line up:

De Gea
    Rafael Evans McNair Rojo
    Fellaini Carrick
    Young Rooney Di Maria
    van Persie

Subs: Lindegaard, Blackett, Herrera, Valencia, Januzaj, Falcao, Wilson

More than capable of thrashing a currently very poor Liverpool side, although form tends to go out of the window in these games. Love to see a return of 4 at the back and I think that Di Maria will be crucial to this tie. Ashley Young was brilliant tonight, and so I'm hoping he gets a run out on the wing if van Gaal decides to revert to 4 at the back. McNair was poor tonight but no poorer than Evans or Rojo in my opinion and so I hope he will get an opportunity to bounce straight back as he's done really well so far.

3 points reds!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    Can't wait for this, I'm very optimistic for some reason. I know our good run has to end at some point but after the awful performance vs Southampton, it can only get better. Crucial players should/could return in Di Maria, Rafael, Shaw & possibly a fit Falcao, and I'd like to see the following line up:

De Gea
    Rafael Evans McNair Rojo
    Fellaini Carrick
    Young Rooney Di Maria
    van Persie

More than capable of thrashing a currently very poor Liverpool side, although form tends to go out of the window in these games. Love to see a return of 4 at the back and I think that Di Maria will be crucial to this tie. Ashley Young was brilliant tonight, and so I'm hoping he gets a run out on the wing if van Gaal decides to revert to 4 at the back. McNair was poor tonight but no poorer than Evans or Rojo in my opinion and so I hope he will get an opportunity to bounce straight back as he's done really well so far.

3 points reds!
    I really hope that isn't the lineup.

MrMancunianRed

Our defense is made of glass... shit injury prone weak bodies.. It's important that we clean the house next season. Looks like we are lucky that we don't have champions league games. These guys cant even play four games in a row. Absolute bullocks.

I dont think we are unlucky with injuries. It is just their bodies are damn poor.. Jones, Smalling, Evans, Rafael have pollen bodies, just a whiff air is enough to dismantle them for 2 months.

I hope some one is fit enough for liverpool game beside Rojo and we cannot count them for the game after that.

Pexbo

Supports
    Big Days

De Gea
    Rafael Evans McNair Rojo
    Fellaini Carrick
    Young Rooney Di Maria
    van Persie

3 points reds!
    I think McNair showed tonight he's got a lot of development to do.

I definitely wouldn't trust him in such a fixture where tension is already high and he's under the mocroscope.

DDG
    Rafael Smalling Rojo Young
    Carrick
    Valencia Herrera Rooney Di Maria
    RVP

It's not the team I want to see, but I don't think LVG will let Sterling have a free run at our full back - Rafael who is just back from injury or Valencia who is a winger - or Coutinho run at our defence without a screen. Outside of those two they're not dangerous.

Maybe Fellini will slot into midfield if Di Maria isn't back, and we play tighter in the middle.

ricky-romeo

--------------------------de gea---------------------------
    valencia----------evans-----------rojo-------------young
    ---------------------------carrick-------------------------
    ------------fellaini-------herrera-----di maria------------
    ---------------------rooney-------rvp--------------------

mata for di maria if angel is not fit yet.

can be 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 with this line up, depending on how the game is going on.

liverpool are very poor this season and it will be disappointing if we cannot get 3 points here. they'll raise their game as usual but we should still win this!

Xaviesta

Supports
    Barcelona
    Four at the back, attack and keep possession you should win.

mufc1996

It seems like jones, Smalling and Evans have recently worked on a plan where they're not injured at the same time so that's helpful of them.

Smalling being injured is annoying, but at least we know that phil jones is virtually fit. So in a couple of weeks when Evans gets injured, jones will be able to come in, and then when jones gets injured after playing a couple of games, Smallings injury would've healed enough for him to play going into the new year. :drool:

My team for this game

Degea

Rafa
    Evans
    Rojo
    Young

Carrick
    Di maria
    Fellaini

Rooney
    Van persie
    Wilson

Last edited:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
    If Di Maria is fit for this, it will be huge boost.

Raoul

Admin
    Staff
    Have a feeling he will be. LvG said he would miss Southampton but I got the impression it was because he didn't want to take any chances despite Di Maria probably being well enough to make the bench. Just speculation on my part though.

Devil may care

Hopefully Di Maria and Rafael are back.

De Gea​
    Rafael Evans Rojo Young
    Carrick​
    Herrera Di Maria
    Rooney​
    Falcao Van Persie​

MrMancunianRed

we just gave a beating to Southampton. lets give one more to ex-southampton this weekend.

MrMancunianRed

Hope DiMaria, Shaw and Rafael are fit for this match. Physio room says they might.

allen!7

-----------4-3-3-------------

-Valencia Evans Rojo Shaw-
    --Herrera Carrick Fellaini--
    ----Rooney RVP DiMaria----

gonzy

My head is still in shell shock. We actually pulled off 6 points out of games we'd usually end up humiliated on an other day before the West brom game. It's amazing what confidence can do to you, it creates luck and belief. Our players were all smiles yesterday in post game interviews they know full well we robbed Southampton even Koeman was speechless. The other day it was Diouf being made look toothless, I'm sure he will ask himself the very same question over and over, 'how, how, how the feck that ball didn't end up in the back of the net?'. We are riding our luck at the minute it's nice to see after last season but luck can only carry us so far, we need to start playing much better atleast for the sake of the opposition fans, that must have been the most frustrating match to anyone even to the Man Utd fans and to yet come away with muximum points. Deary me!

Liverpool will press us even more, they will more probably utilize the ball even better. So, we better sort ourselves out for this game. The knack of scoring goals out of nothing is back, RVP looks as hungry for goal as ever, Rooney got 90mnts after a layoff, Di Maria will come back to inject some pace and liverpool are Crap! Get people to stop Sterling, block passing lines to Gerrard. Rojo is a Beast! 3pts in the bag.

AgentP

My line up if di maria is fit.

De Gea - Rafael Evans Rojo Young - Herrera Carrick Adm - rooney - Rvp Falcao.

Mata and Fellaini both desrve to be dropped after their performance against Southampton. Incase Adm is not fit enough, Fellaini to play.

I really want Falcao to get his Utd career going and what better way to do it than scoring against the Scousers. If he is on the bench, then Mata comes in.

Ghostrider318

De Gea
    Valencia Evans Rojo Young
    Carrick Fellaini
    Mata Di Maria (if fit else Mata)
    Rooney
    Van Persie

I think Van Gaal will go with this. I dont think he will change the formation a lot as he wants to maintain consistency with the team layout

Pexbo

Supports
    Big Days
    Really not a fan of Di Maria in the 10 role. It's just not a good position for him.

Either LCM in a diamond or up top with Rooney and Mata in behind them.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
    Doesn't VGs hardline policy mean that Di Maria and Rafael wouid need to prove their match fitness in an U21s game to be deemed ready for Lverpool ?

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
    Rojo didn't have to. So let's hope they don't either. I think the next U21 game is on the same day.

Without Rafael we don't present any threat from the right hand side. He's a crucial piece in our attacking unit. Needs to play against Pool.

There were a couple of opportunites last night when we could have countered, but couldn't as it looked like we had 90 year old grannies running against Southampton's Usain Bolts. Need Di Maria back.

Last edited:

jojose

Herrera must start!!! Absolutley MUST start.

Not heard anything on Smalling, which is good news really. If he'd pulled his groin Van Gaal would have confirmed that lastnight. Hopefully just felt it in the cold and with a bit of treatment he's available.

Also crucial (to the performance atleast) that Di Maria is fit.

Praying for a back 4. Assuming shaw and rafa are still out Valencia and Young both defend better as a traditional full back. When they play as wing backs they get abit confused as to wether they are full backs, wingers or wide midfielders and end up doing neither.

Last edited:

Chuckazulu

Why do we always struggle against teams that press us? Liverpool will definitely do the same and it's gonna be difficult if we won't deal with that. I think if we pass the ball a lot quicker and much more accurate then we might rectify that problem.

The 1st half will be tough but if we'll remain calm and keep possession then we'll be OK. Second half is usually the time we play our best football and they will probably be tired hence i think that's the time we'll win it. I say 2-0. The players will be up for this

Chuckazulu

Agree we can not get overconfident against dangerous rivals such as Pool.

Having a score 20-0 like someone said previously is completely insane, out of question. 3-0 is more reasonable
    :lol::lol: I thought you would say 1-0 is reasonable

Chuckazulu

Last night's bad performance might turn out into a blessing in disguise. We were exposed a couple of times and hopefully we'll work on that so that it doesn't happen again during this game.

Again, Liverpool plays a bit similar to how Southampton played last night so i hope this was a good match experience to ready us for this.

Can't wait

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
    We won't be playing 352, and Liverpool cannot defend to save their lives, hopefully Di Maria is back, I think our home form has generally been good anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 92% of 1132 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 823 ratings.

Score Predictions